Guillaume Latendresse - Player Of The Week

shortcat1

Latendresse has had a difficult readjustment to the Q. He's the 1st to recognize it. In an interview on RDS, he admitted to having difficulties. He said that he could do more and do better. He also said that it's not a matter of discouragement. His coach said that he isn't playing with the same flame as he did last year. So, on the surface, it would seem that he's sinking.

But things are looking up. In a CHL article, he was named as the offensive player of the week. This recognition was awarded on the basis of having scored six goals and three assists in a three-game span .ast week. Below is the full article with more specifics.

http://www.chl.ca/QMJHLNews0506/0213.html

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is good to see although with this inconsistency I wonder if he will last a full or even half season with the big club next year. I hope he does it would be nice to have a rookie score 30+ goals but I believe it is more likely he ends up in Hamilton for a year.

he'll have to pend another year in drummondville(unless he makes the cut)

because he'll be to young for AHL duty..He has to be at least 20 . he'll turn 19 in may

Looks real good for him if he can keep it up.

What impressed me was that he also got a game winning goal in dying seconds. Shows some real character, and trust from the coach to have him in the high pressure situations. I think he will learn a lot from this season, and I hope that he sticks with the Habs next season.

he'll have to pend another year in drummondville(unless he makes the cut)

because he'll be to young for AHL duty..He has to be at least 20 . he'll turn 19 in may

If this is true, why was AK allowed to play for the Bulldogs last season? He was 19.

If this is true, why was AK allowed to play for the Bulldogs last season? He was 19.

alexei kovalev never played in hamilton :lol:

Bet he took it hard when he got sent back to the juniors.. Maybe he can make the big team next season.

question though = If he gets to play for the habs and cant make the team... can we send him back to juniors without waiving him?

alexei kovalev never played in hamilton :lol:

I'm sure that he meant Andei Kostitsyn.

absolutely. Latendresse does not get waiver protection for years.

He can only be sent back to juniors before a certain date... not sure when.

i believe after 2 years with the big club he will have to clear waivers in order to be sent down

I'm pretty sure that during your first contract your ok

but once yopu've signed your second one, you have to pass through waivers

I'm pretty sure that during your first contract your ok

but once yopu've signed your second one, you have to pass through waivers

my my what a dilema! hopefully the up down risk of losing thing will be resolved come next season

and I know that weve said this before but what a dilema on Gainey and Carbos hands Chipchura Yemlin Latendresse among others will be at least "in my eyes" sure Hamilton roster.

I'm really sorry for The Habs organization!

none of these players will make the team next year.

we have the luxury of bringing them slowly.

I hope they can manage to bring emelin next year..can wait to see that guy

none of these players will make the team next year.

we have the luxury of bringing them slowly.

I hope they can manage to bring emelin next year..can wait to see that guy

Wont make the Dogs?

latendresse wont make it because he'll be to young as for the others, they have a legit shot.

man, latendresse just scored 3 more goals !!

he's really in the zone right now. good work Gui !!

Although I have nothing to back this up, I believe he will want to play in the NHL for sure. With Ovechkins recent success and how big his name has become this will encourage Russian players to come and thrive in the NEW NHL. That said I truly hope that Russia will agree to the IIHF rules for players being released to the NHL.

But that is great for Gui he is on fire.

of course they'll agree...as long as we put the money. I can undertsand them but I really want to emelin next wheter it's in hamilton or montreal. I'm sure he has and outside shot at making the big team..hey if streit did it ...

of course they'll agree...as long as we put the money. I can undertsand them but I really want to emelin next wheter it's in hamilton or montreal. I'm sure he has and outside shot at making the big team..hey if streit did it ...

As for Yemelin its the Habs that agree to pay right? or the NHl has a saying?

I think It's the habs that agrees to pay or not.

but I believ that the NHL and IIHF are setting the rules on transfers but russia as yet to agree on those rules

As for Yemelin its the Habs that agree to pay right? or the NHl has a saying?

Yes the Habs will have to pay Lada a transfer fee and I can bet that fee just went up a lot after the 2nd half he's having. Before there would be a set price that NHL teams would pay to the Russian Federation through the IIHF contract where all the Euro league teams are a part of. Now all are back on board with the exception of Russia, who imo won't join until they lose a big time player for nothing, if that ever happens. A Russian player is now back to the dark days of defecting from Russia, but who knows if any will even try that again. But there's also the chance that Russian players don't resign with their Russian club, so when their contract is up, they can leave Russia and the NHL team that drafted them will not have to pay any fee. If this happens, I would expect Russia to be royally pissed off. Hard to say how things will turn out. It would be great to see them just work it out and sign a deal.

As for Emelin and Lada, it's hard to say if we will have any problems with them since they did create a ton of problems for the Caps when they tried to get Alex Semin back over here. This year Lada had a major meltdown, not sure what was the real cause but the company that is their financial sponser must have had some big problems cause in the middle of the 1st part of the season they came out and said they had to cut the teams budget by 50% and even had to fire the gm and staff members. Even told the players that they were free to sign with other RSL teams cause they couldn't afford to pay them all.

Seems as though this benefited Emelin by moving him up from the 2nd pairing to the top pairing since they lost a few key players (6 or 7 guys left the team I believe) But he's now their leading scorer for defensemen and 3rd on the team in points, so he's become a key player for them. I don't know what the future holds for Lada and how much trouble they will have with money next year, or if it was just a one time thing. Perhaps if they continue to have money problems they may look at Emelin as a good investment and might want to cash in on him. Impossible to say at this point what will happen.

I did hear that Emelin said he wanted to come over to the Habs organization as soon as possible. Guess we'll see how it works out. I hope they get him and Mikhail Grabovsky, who also could be tough to get out of Russia since he has become a key player for Dynamo (richest team owner in Russia) and he's a league All Star as well.

I did hear that Emelin said he wanted to come over to the Habs organization as soon as possible. Guess we'll see how it works out. I hope they get him and Mikhail Grabovsky, who also could be tough to get out of Russia since he has become a key player for Dynamo (richest team owner in Russia) and he's a league All Star as well.

Speaking of Russian hockey, Slava Fetisov is a big shot over there now (Minister of Sports of sort), and one of his goal is to organize one big Russian/Euro league and would like to have a Stanley Cup winner vs Elite of Russia game on the Red Place.

How do you think such a new russian league with competitive aspirations vs the NHL would affect transfers of prospects to NHL teams?

I think the NHL is and will remain the best league in the world and most of the young players want to play in that league.

now, alot of russian teams can afford to pay the it's best players and they'll rightfully try to keep them in russia.

maybe we'll a new trend where the teams draft north americans in the first rounds and europeans in the later round.

Speaking of Russian hockey, Slava Fetisov is a big shot over there now (Minister of Sports of sort), and one of his goal is to organize one big Russian/Euro league and would like to have a Stanley Cup winner vs Elite of Russia game on the Red Place.

How do you think such a new russian league with competitive aspirations vs the NHL would affect transfers of prospects to NHL teams?

Hard to say what kind of impact it would have but I would guess that it would not be anything major. From what I understand they are going to try and add teams from Belarus, Latvia, Kaza etc.. I don't think or haven't heard it effecting the other Euro leagues like the DEL, SEL, FNL, etc... but the one thing I learned over the years is that info from Russia is to be taken with a grain of salt. it's really hard to get good info from over there. I have at least 2 people in Moscow that I talk to from time to time plus I have gotten to know the owner of Russianprospects.com and it's still hard to get good info.

One thing to consider is that after Russia was driven into the ground at one time by poor politcal decisions that greatly effected the financial climate of the country, things have really turned around due to the explosion of oil. I hear that money is really pooring into the country, so we could easily see them become a great hockey country in terms of being able to afford to keep some of their better players instead of losing them to the NHL.

Right now Malkin is a huge deal, cause I'm sure Russia does not want to lose him and the Pens need him badly. Should be interesting to see what happens with him. I've heard crappy rumors that the asking price might be 5M just in transfer fees alone! but it is likely just total BS or fanasty at this point.

As for the drafting trend, it's already started. No Russians drafted in the 1st round last year and I could easily see that happen again this year. I had a talk with the director of scouting for ISS about this topic and how it can impact teams down the road. It's a gamble that may or may not pay off. The Sens took a shot drafting a couple guys in '05 from Russia, so it will be interesting to see how that works out for them.