HWL GM Recruitment

bombTHEice

We are taking Applications, but be advised that the waiting list is very long... Sorry that we cannot accomodate you with a team immediately.

hwl.jpg

The HABSWORLD.net EHM League needs a couple of new GM's.

You should be a very active and determined GM ... it would be also great if you're already a EHM veteran. If you dont know anything about EHM but want to participate in an exciting and intense fantasy simulation league and are willing to spend time learning this addictive game, you can still apply.

We have 2 sims per week, each sim covers 1 week in EHM. So you'd need to spend a minimum of around 3-4 hours per week on the league.

Important Links:

HWL

Application

Save File

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have asked about being a GM before but was turned down.

I have never used EHM before but I would love to learn and the Red Wings would be an awesome team to control.

Hey buddy.

Detroit is yours.

Just one thing you need to know first however. Since the game has some complex sides and it takes a couple of weeks before learning the values of all the players in the league, we have a probation period for rookie GMs which is 2 weeks. We are very near the trade deadline in our season, so you probably wouldnt be able to make trades that reflects in the game before a while. Just a question of timing. But dont worry, there's so many things to play and learn (lines, training, scouting, finances, staff, farm team, prospects, draft) that you wont care about trades at first. :)

Ok will do.

I will not have Internet access for the next week I am going on a spring break trip with some buddies.

Thanks a lot for the opportunity, if I have any questions (I am sure I will have plenty) hopefully you guys will be willing to help.

Application sent.

thanks again.

Ok will do.

I will not have Internet access for the next week I am going on a spring break trip with some buddies.

Thanks a lot for the opportunity, if I have any questions (I am sure I will have plenty) hopefully you guys will be willing to help.

Yes, we'll be available to help you learn the game itself, and the league as a whole. There's a lot of vets to ask for questions if you have any. Just dont trust everyone, vets wants to win at all costs too. ;)

Good to have you (and a future division rival) on board. Original 6 rules!

I just entered an application ... I'd like to see the Canucks.

I'm the Commish of the QcFL, a really good french league.

Follow the link in my signature if you wanna see.

Just checked the Canucks ... can't believe they aren't in the playoffs.

I should be able to change that quickly !

Checked other teams ... man your league is strong !? You played with the player file alot right ?

The average player is arounf 78 OA ... crazy !

Edited by Theberge43

I just entered an application ... I'd like to see the Canucks.

I'm the Commish of the QcFL, a really good french league.

Follow the link in my signature if you wanna see.

Just checked the Canucks ... can't believe they aren't in the playoffs.

I should be able to change that quickly !

Checked other teams ... man your league is strong !? You played with the player file alot right ?

The average player is arounf 78 OA ... crazy !

Can you devote yourself to a second league, being commish of another league and all? Because we need someone who'll stick around and be active weekly. If you can do that, it'd be great to have a very very experience GM on board.

Yes, we edited the file to have a good quality. The average should drop slowly as players retire (many big names to come) to settle around 75 OA in a few years. We've got a good roster pack that's been carefuly worked on in Year 1 with the future in mind.

You won't know if you don't give me a chance ;-)

I'm commish but I don't sim anymore, it's done by my VP ... so I have some time.

Alright, you're the new GM of the Vancouver Canucks. You should be given access to the HWL forums and website HQ in the next days.

yo guys i wouldn't mind taking the wings or canucks it would be a privilege to try this out. Although i'll need some time to get things staight i think i would be a very capable GM. I dont post much here I really like reading what everyone has to say so don't think im a noob lol!. I sent an application and i have free time on my hands so this should be no problem.

If i get picked look out Gm's!!

I just filled out an application... either team will do. I just want the opportunity to learn about the league and hopefully transform a team into a winner. Its funny because whenever i get sport videogames, I tend to spent most of the time putting teams together in the dynasty modes and owner modes than actually playing the game.

:hlogo:

Edited by The-Habby2919

Hello, I'm just curious, how does this league work?

Basically, you are a GM. You can scout other teams or other countries so you have an edge in the draft. You can do trades and sign free agents. You can set your own lines, train your guys, look after your farm team. You can do your own draft.

Thats basically just a rundown, I'm sure someone can elaborate.

yo guys i wouldn't mind taking the wings or canucks it would be a privilege to try this out. Although i'll need some time to get things staight i think i would be a very capable GM. I dont post much here I really like reading what everyone has to say so don't think im a noob lol!. I sent an application and i have free time on my hands so this should be no problem.

If i get picked look out Gm's!!

Vancouver and Detroit have both been filled. I think a couple teams are on the bubble though.

Man o man, its been some time since I've posted here!

Question:

Is there a difference between the version you are using and EHM manager 2005?

I toyed a lot with EHM manager 2005's demo, and while I put a lot of effort into planning my team, I didn't always understand the results (I tend to lose a lot).

I try to look at each games, see the mistakes my players make, try to adjust my lineup and my practices according to what I think should be successfull, let players settle down on their lines, but nothing revealing seems to come up.

I tend to feel disconnected to the results.

Have you encountered the same problems with your version?

P.S.: It is really a shame because I tend to like very much these simulations...

Edited by Capt.Crunch

Man o man, its been some time since I've posted here!

Question:

Is there a difference between the version you are using and EHM manager 2005?

I toyed a lot with EHM manager 2005's demo, and while I put a lot of effort into planning my team, I didn't always understand the results (I tend to lose a lot).

I try to look at each games, see the mistakes my players make, try to adjust my lineup and my practices according to what I think should be successfull, let players settle down on their lines, but nothing revealing seems to come up.

I tend to feel disconnected to the results.

Have you encountered the same problems with your version?

P.S.: It is really a shame because I tend to like very much these simulations...

EHM 05 is WAAAAAAAY more advanced from what we use. I'm not sure if it's still on the site but we use EHM 1.18 (some guys use 1.16. It's not a big deal as long as it's one of those two).

NHL:EHM Manager 2005 is like the "commercial" version of the old EHM. The old EHM is a great game developped independantly by Riz, with help from friends, and released for free. Its highly customizable because it works with easy to edit text files.

Seeing how great EHM was, Riz got offered a contract by SI games (same company that made the old Panzer General games) to develop a more advanced version of EHM, which gave NHL:EHM 2005. I haven't really got to play around much with it yet. The old EHM is complicated enough, I've been spending over a year playing it almost daily and there's still things that keeps me guessing. Now that's a real 5 stars game to me.

NHL:EHM Manager 2005 is like the "commercial" version of the old EHM. The old EHM is a great game developped independantly by Riz, with help from friends, and released for free. Its highly customizable because it works with easy to edit text files.

Seeing how great EHM was, Riz got offered a contract by SI games (same company that made the old Panzer General games) to develop a more advanced version of EHM, which gave NHL:EHM 2005. I haven't really got to play around much with it yet. The old EHM is complicated enough, I've been spending over a year playing it almost daily and there's still things that keeps me guessing. Now that's a real 5 stars game to me.

Yep. If you want to go to the highest echelon though, EHM 05 was made by Sega. The game makes a killing now in terms of sales.

Our old school version still kicks insane amounts of ass though. :D

Yep. If you want to go to the highest echelon though, EHM 05 was made by Sega. The game makes a killing now in terms of sales.

Our old school version still kicks insane amounts of ass though. :D

Yeah, I think SI was bought by Sega (most small companies have been bought out anyways). It looks Hell-a deep, but what makes the old school version so fun is that its so simple to use yet so full of kinks and mysteries. I still can't figure out what f*cked up formula is used for CSB rankings and its not for lack of trying. :P

• 8 months later...