Ribeiro Does It Again!

gohabsgo252006

After seeing his constant lapses in judgement and behaviour off the ice. His almost single handed division of the locker room. The fact that his previous "ties" and his "clique" are just as on the outs as him, Dags is gone and Theo is as good as gone for now, and will have to do a 180 to stay on this team next year. Ribeiro brings very little of value to this team. He's been outplayed by Plex, he is a cancer to the locker room and I think Gainey has had enough. If he isn't traded I'll be the house he isn't resigned.

He's gutless and useless, getting rid of him is addition by substraction, I'd give him away and let him be a rock star somewhere else.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what Ribeiro says? ITs not like this will make Gazette Headlines or anything.

Besides, it seems somewhat truthfull. Saku seems to have all the right words when things are going well, but where was he when Montreal was in the shitter? We should be hearing reports of him ripping players heads off, and yelling and screaming and leading by example.

The fact that Ribeiro is a puke, who pulls stupid stunts and says stupid things is no great suprise to anyone. As for trading him, well thats probably not going tohappen either. Maybe an outside chance of him being delt to say Washinton to play with Ovechkin, but whats the return? I think he'll stay put.

Saku did try to punch the little puke out once....someone else could probably tell the story better, i'm not sure how it goes.....

and the habs are in the shitter as we speak. Saku is right there winning a gold medal.....scoring, assisting, leading, fighting, competing, having fun with a big fat raise to boot.

What else do you want him to do? He can't win the cup by himself. Or should Gainey trade for anyone that's from the Finland team.

I'm sure he rips into teamates and tries everything known to man to get them going, but what good is it when guys like ribeiro are on your team.

Hearing reports?

from who? the leadership police.

Good leaders take people aside and talk indiscretely. I'm sure Saku would never call anyone out infront of teamates and make them look like fools and certainly not infront of the media....

The bottom line is that Ribs is a useless ex-habs that has no business running his mouth unless he was actually leading by example.

As for Koivu and his leadership, its a non factor. He is the Man.

The Finn national team is heads and tails better then the habs so of course he looks even better.

Kovalev has been dominant as well in this tourney.....lets jump on him too :wacko:

Couple of thoughts...

Not sure this is even true, not sure the context of the question.

I agree with the comment... perhaps not leadership, but how about performance....

Koivu has not played well this year in general, during the slump especially. He has been invisible, not working hard, not looking sharp, not leading his team. Period.

Pleks has hardly outplayed Ribs. Even when you take ice time into account, Pleks offensive performance is not great, certainly no more then a 3rd line center. He is better then Ribs defensively however.

Pleks has hardly outplayed Ribs. Even when you take ice time into account, Pleks offensive performance is not great, certainly no more then a 3rd line center. He is better then Ribs defensively however.

I take issue with that.....I think if Plekanek was playing with the better players all year, had the ice time that Ribeiro got and hadn't played 12 less games, I think he'd have just as many points as Ribs. And in addition, like you said, Plex is responsible defensively and although small, controls the puck much better than Ribs, who gets knocked off the puck when someone blows on him.

His time is done here. We all know it, Gainey knows it and like i've stated previously he will be dealt, because regardless he would not be resigned with this club in the offseason.

Although I disagree with this boiling down to a language issue, there is something to be said about the way the French Media handles these situations. For some reason they fail to see what everyone else does. And i'm not sure, I think someone said this before, this is the first time in a while that the french media has very little influence on habs management. BG couldn't care less about what the French Media English Media, Russian Media or Finnish media has to say. He knows what he's doing and he knows that Ribs does not fit in here.

I would like to see him in Washington, I think he would get lots of points playing with Ovechkin, either that or he'd cause another stir, because in his mind he shouldn't have to play second fiddle to Alexander teh Great.

ON a complete side note, can you imagine what Ovechkins stats would be like if he was playing with Forsberg....WOW

Good leaders take people aside and talk indiscretely. I'm sure Saku would never call anyone out infront of teamates and make them look like fools and certainly not infront of the media....

I think you meant discretely, not indescretely in that first sentence

THat bull....good leaders do what they need to do to motivate people....whether its calling people out in the locker room or pulling them aside afterwards. Most of the time its done infront of a crowd. THis is why they have those closed door (no coaches) team meetings, so people can air out there differences and point out who's not carrying the load.....and team leaders ie., Koivu, Rivet etc are the ones that call these meetings. What is chickenshit is going to the media or complaining behind a persons back.

ITs not about making somebody look like a fool, its about lighting a fire under somebodies ass and get them carrying there weight again.

I've seen just about every game this season, and on most of those night, Koivu was a much better contributor to the team than Ribs. It may not have appeared that way on the scoresheet, but all you have to remember is this. Ribeiro and Ryder started the season on the second line. Ryder is now on the first line with Koivu, and Ribeiro is on the fourth. Ribs has had his moments i.e. Philadelphia, but they've been few and far between.

As far as leadership goes, remember this. The Habs elect a captain amongst themselves. I don't know if they do it every season or not, but that's how they do it. Ribs may not be big fan of Koivu's leadership abilities, but there's a lot of players on the team who are. And I'd guarantee that there's more than there are fans of Ribs'.

This is kind of a non issue now. BG chose Koivu about 2 weeks ago.

Ribs is UFA so I'm not sure if he will be moved but I would be suprised if he was resigned.

I really didn't need anymore fuel to burn my anti-ribs fire!

The guy is an anus - good for shit

Ribs is not a UFA this summer, he's a RFA, but for the Habs it's the same, just don't make him an offer and get ride of him.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

I remember that game vs Toronto. It was'nt a "gritty" goal. The puck happened to hit him as he was off balance. He was almost invisible for the entire game and got two lucky points.

You don't remember it very well. He scored two goals that game, and got one assist - so I guess in your view he got 3 "lucky" points. He's one lucky guy! :wacko: The overtime goal was the definition of gritty: took the puck to the net and jammed at it a few times until it went in.

Time to wake up - the season will resume shortly.

Why is every freakin' issue with the Habs somehow related to something about language?

Uggggh.

:wacko:

Here's Melnick's thoughts from http://www.team990.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=146

For the first time since the Sam Pollock years key members of the francophone media realize they have zero influence on upper management. Yelling even louder won't change that fact.

Bergeron in particular seems to have had it in for Koivu for years. The captains' inspirational return from cancer four years ago was described by Bergeron as "selfish". The Koivu-Mike Ribeiro skirmish at practice two years ago provided more of a feeding-frenzy for those who somehow feel slighted that Koivu won't/can't communicate in french. It never ends around here.

Ribeiro, qui vient de fêter son 26e anniversaire de naissance, dit s'entretenir fréquemment avec Guy Carbonneau qu'il admirait dans sa jeunesse.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/199032.html

You can see that in his game ;)

The demonizing going on here is a lowly juvenile reaction from habs fans that thought the CH

ought to have been a more competive team so far this season.

I understand the frustrations but the gang bashing is utterly silly,....like if Ribeiro had

commited a crime against humanity.....please a little restrain,..for no better words.

Except for a very few players (Markov, Begin, etc,) most of them have been somewhat

inconsistent (Ribeiro, Koivu, etc,) and while some others shouldn't have been

there in the first place (Dagenais, Sundstrom, etc,) but where innapropriatly

selected by Gainey (ouch!) against the hundred of UFA players options avalaible...........it remain

clear to me that among our sharing of opinions, none of the players, coach and GM, that all happen

to be regular people, should ever be associated with excrements in a way some posters here are ambarrassing the HW site they are writing on.

Those particular posts stink in a major way.

The demonizing going on here is a lowly juvenile reaction from habs fans that thought the CH

ought to have been a more competive team so far this season.

I understand the frustrations but the gang bashing is utterly silly,....like if Ribeiro had

commited a crime against humanity.....please a little restrain,..for no better words.

Except for a very few players (Markov, Begin, etc,) most of them have been somewhat

inconsistent (Ribeiro, Koivu, etc,) and while some others shouldn't have been

there in the first place (Dagenais, Sundstrom, etc,) but where innapropriatly

selected by Gainey (ouch!) against the hundred of UFA players options avalaible...........it remain

clear to me that among our sharing of opinions, none of the players, coach and GM, that all happen

to be regular people, should ever be associated with excrements in a way some posters here are ambarrassing the HW site they are writing on.

Those particular posts stink in a major way.

Well said. All season long people bash one player or another is a highly personal way. I have no problem with people unhappy with a players performance, or noting a problem with their play, but some people seem to pass out devil's horns and Angel's halos with great abandon. Even poor Dags was treated by some like he was a scummy criminal stealing money from little old ladies. Poor guy was one of the lowest paid players on the team who did his best to compete, but perhaps didn't have the talent needed. He was always a marginal player, yet some people acted like he was some huge problem for the team.

On the bright side, this board is much better and more intelligent then another habs fan board that shall go nameless. On that board you couldn't even have an intelligent conversation, let alone discuss the team. :)

MIKE RIBERIO IZ A LAZZY GREDDY OVERPAYD RUNT TRADE HIM 4 A BAGG OF PUCKS N A JAKSTRAP FULL OF SHIAT IF U WANT 2 TALK BOUT DA HABS EMAIL ME HACKETTRULZ@HOCKEYGURRU.COM WHAAHAHIUIUE ER43!!!

sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Carry on.

I must admit that I have done my share of Ribeiro and Dagenais bashing over the last 2-3 years, and although I totally agree with you that it was Gainey's and Julien's fault for choosing them in the first place (you can't turn dirt into gold), I just sometimes feel the need to balance out all the silly comments from blinded fans that actually believe that Mike Ribeiro is better than Joe Thornton (or even Koivu fir that matter), and that Pierre Dagenais would be a 50-goal scorer if he only had just a little bit more ice time.

Also, you must admit that they make it very easy for people to hate them with their sissy, whining attitude that the whole world is out to get them, that the coaches never give them a fair chance (Daganais is still complaining today about Mike Keenan although he gave him a chance for several games to play with Pavel Bure), and that everyone is wrong for telling them that their play is mediocre and uninspired.

Edited by CerebusClone

Can someone please clarify to me how judging Ribeiro for his ludicrous and disrespectful comments, or his lacklustre on ice play, is an unnaceptable attack. If he can bash Koivu, I reserve the right to bash him.

Notice how some "incosistent" players don't get bashed, usually the result of effort. Something that Mr. Ribeiro does not display on a regular basis.

Finally, I have no problem with people expressing their opinons about different players, it's not as if those players are reading this board and going home crying and if they are, then it should light a fire under their ass to improve their attitude and play.

Well I just read the entire thread.

1. All Habs fans know Gainey chose Koivu over Ribero

2. Koivu's game against the Leafs in which he scored twice and added an assist was not a fluke nor was it lucky.

3. Ribs is a difficult player to trade because of his baggage, that said I also believe his removal would be an addition by subtraction and would be happy with little in return

4. Koivu has been a sporadic player this year but I believe in him and after his Olympic performance my expectations for his return have been raised.

MIKE RIBERIO IZ A LAZZY GREDDY OVERPAYD RUNT TRADE HIM 4 A BAGG OF PUCKS N A JAKSTRAP FULL OF SHIAT IF U WANT 2 TALK BOUT DA HABS EMAIL ME HACKETTRULZ@HOCKEYGURRU.COM WHAAHAHIUIUE ER43!!!

sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Carry on.

Please don't do that again, that was terrible

I think you meant discretely, not indescretely in that first sentence

THat bull....good leaders do what they need to do to motivate people....whether its calling people out in the locker room or pulling them aside afterwards. Most of the time its done infront of a crowd. THis is why they have those closed door (no coaches) team meetings, so people can air out there differences and point out who's not carrying the load.....and team leaders ie., Koivu, Rivet etc are the ones that call these meetings. What is chickenshit is going to the media or complaining behind a persons back.

ITs not about making somebody look like a fool, its about lighting a fire under somebodies ass and get them carrying there weight again.

You completely missed my point kaos. For the reasons you stated above, are the same reasons you won't hear about it in the Gazette.That's all.

Ribs has no idea where this article is coming from. He never spoke with the writer.

"Je ne sais pas d'où ça vient. Ça n'a pas de sens, je n'ai jamais parlé à ce gars-là. J'appuie mon capitaine entièrement. Vraiment, ça n'a aucun sens."

-Mike Ribeiro, La Presse, 27/02/2006

Ribs has no idea where this article is coming from. He never spoke with the writer.

"Je ne sais pas d'où ça vient. Ça n'a pas de sens, je n'ai jamais parlé à ce gars-là. J'appuie mon capitaine entièrement. Vraiment, ça n'a aucun sens."

-Mike Ribeiro, La Presse, 27/02/2006

'' I dont know where it is coming from, its senseless. I have never talked with such a guy.

I am entirely behind my captain. It really doesn't make any sense. ''

Mike Ribeiro in La Presse.

Thanks MATHIEU30.

This France based web site is full of shit just as we where warned earlier on this thread

by some of the posters.

Lets face it, on ice performances are really what matter in the end,....and remain the only shure

sources on which our evaluations of the team, the players, the coach and the GM can be based on.