Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Isles | 02/28/06

Spider-Man NL

good timing for a penalty by DiPietro :blink:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yepp, Quinn is good for Montreal but bad for Toronto. There was a lot of speculations in Sweden about Sundin leaving Toronto for a cup contender as he has start to realize that he will never win a cup with the Leafs.

He just started to realize that? Oh right, he's a Swede... :D (just joking)

I want Huet for HWL.

In HWL Huet is only an average back-up. You need a starter because Legace is only back-up material in this game.

Higgins hits a post.

make that 2 for DiPietro - the second for 'bad temper'

I know, I'm just worried that he might be rattled.

"My Cristobal, he doesn't get nervous."

-Bob Gainey, Montréal Gazette, 24/02/2006

make that 1 for 1 on this 6-game road trip

If there was a time for Huet to get a bit shaky,no better than when the score is 5-1. I'll take that any day.

Good game Huet

Great game Higgins, KOivu and Rivet

Overall, played much better in teh second half of the game and the scoreboard was reversed in teh second half. But a win is a win, lots for BG to pick on too, can't ask for more.

like i've been saying all along. this win belongs to huet and 'opportunism' by the Canadiens.

i do believe that if things had gone the way of the shots on nets that the islanders should have won this one.

Perfect night! NJ and Tampa have got to watch out. With the right amount of effort we can end up facing Philly in the first round (with us as the 6th seed).

Could someone please explain how DiPietro can get an interference penalty?

He was behind his net. The puck comes toward him along the boards. Instead of playing it he first threw a hip into the Canadien's forward who was skating toward the puck. That's interference on anyone.

Could someone please explain how DiPietro can get an interference penalty?

DiPietro had the puck and blocked ryder out after he passed the puck. I have seen it before but it is rare.

5-2 caps whooooooo

Perfect night! NJ and Tampa have got to watch out. With the right amount of effort we can end up facing Philly in the first round (with us as the 6th seed).

I would love to see that, we have PWNED Philly all year so far, but I think the Rag$ will win that division.

Its all about "timely goaltending". Huet kept them in the game until they woke up and realized all they had to do was shoot to score. :)

Kind of reminds me of a goaltender we had a few years ago by the name of Theo...

DiPietro had the puck and blocked ryder out after he passed the puck. I have seen it before but it is rare.

5-2 caps whooooooo

In California they call it The Giggy Delight.