Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Isles | 02/28/06

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifislanders_logo.jpg

montreal50.gif26-22-8 : 60 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

islanders50.gif25-27-4 : 54 Points (12th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (6-5-3), 2.37 GAA montreal50.gif

islanders50.gif# 39 Rick DiPietro (19-16-4), 3.38 GAA2134.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Islanders Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Plekanec - Zednik

Downey - Bonk - Begin

d.jpg

Souray - Dandenault

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Komisarek

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 22th, 2005:islanders50.gif3 montreal50.gif4

4451_1.jpg

PerezhoginGoalIsles.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm Eastern on

logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, the good old Game Thread.

Lets hope the Isles start DiPietro and he plays like he did in his final game at the Olympics.

Still early, but lets say.. a 3-2 Habs win to get our playoff run started.

Go, Habs, go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

"If we cut down on the time we spend in our zone by seven, eight, nine or 10 minutes, we'll be OK. If, instead of having to kill eight or nine power plays we cut that to four or five, we'll be fine. If we clear four or five rebounds instead or only one or two, we'll be doing all right

We've been good. We've been playing more as a team, and that's a step forward. Hey, since I've been here, we haven't wanted to change the 'whole' thing ... know what I mean? I've been talking a lot to the players and what they've told me is that their big problem is that they haven't been playing as a team.

You know ... when you give up 35 or 40 shots a game, and stand 40 minutes in your own zone, it's really hard to get offence. I think one thing that we've cleaned up in the last few weeks is that changing a little thing here or there isn't what it's all about, it's about making the players realize it's effort. And then, it's not that this thing should be there ... it's that you have to be there ... and this play has to happen. Once you clean that up, and you spend less time in our zone, then you're rested and we can create more offence."

-Guy Carbonneau

You can find the rest of the article right here:

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...d4-dc9682939c1a

Gotta love Guy!

Edited by mathieu30

What might prove interesting is the fact that the projected lines might change by Tuesday. After all, Monday is the day when the freeze is over.

I wonder.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Gainey to make a trade. He knows how to make em for sure, but he doesn't make all that many.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Gainey to make a trade. He knows how to make em for sure, but he doesn't make all that many.

Yeah, plus the fact you never see him coming either. Monday will produce something regarding 1 of the 30 NHL teams. VAN needs a D like I need a Harem LOL

Well I just got back from Spring Break in Panama. Wow I had so much fun it should have been illegal.

Happy to be back! Hopefully Koivu will be wearing sporting a gold medal when he arrives at the Bell Centre.

Well I just got back from Spring Break in Panama. Wow I had so much fun it should have been illegal.

Happy to be back! Hopefully Koivu will be wearing sporting a gold medal when he arrives at the Bell Centre.

Spring Break....What wonderful memories

I am hoping that Kosty gets another shot this year, it will allow him to gain some more experience and confidence. I was very impressed with him in his last stint. I am absolutely convinced that he will be playing with the big club, full time next year and will be on one of the top two lines. I has pretty good size and strength for his age and will only get better, and he is extremely creative.

Has anyone else heard some talk of Kovalev palying injured during the Olympics?

Spring Break....What wonderful memories

I am hoping that Kosty gets another shot this year, it will allow him to gain some more experience and confidence. I was very impressed with him in his last stint. I am absolutely convinced that he will be playing with the big club, full time next year and will be on one of the top two lines. I has pretty good size and strength for his age and will only get better, and he is extremely creative.

Has anyone else heard some talk of Kovalev palying injured during the Olympics?

He has recoded back-to-back 1-goal 1-assist nights, I believe he wants to play with the big club and I believe he deserves it. Although he is inconsistent when he plays with Hamilton he works extremely hard every single shift with the big boys.

from now on we only play four-point-games :)

ahhhh gotta love that cliché

Edited by marky_and_komi

Mr Gainey expects all our olympians to start against the Isles.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/199123.html

Lets hope our boys know how to deal with Jetlag. I played a game with Jetlag once and trust me, it wasn't pretty.