Greg Stewart

CerebusClone

One guy who seems to have improved a lot this year is Gregory Stewart. Although we must take into consideration that he often gets to play with guys like Steve Downie and Dan Ryder (does he ever play with Jordan Staal?), his offensive contribution has sky-rocketed to respectability this season.

I had very little hopes for him until a few months ago, but if he can improve his offensive game enough, he could be a very reliable 4th liner (perhaps 3rd, but that's a stretch). He seems to have decent overall skills, more than a guy like Ferland for instance, and also a great work ethic, but until recently he had never been able to put it altogether.

However, if I'm not mistaken, he will have to be signed at the end of this season. Will Montreal offer him a contract? I think they should...

Edited by CerebusClone

I would expect Gainey to sign him. He's a hard working energy player, plays a physical game and will drop the gloves (although not really a smart idea on his part if you've ever seen him fight) Imo he needs to fill out more but he's got speed, skating, and brings hard work/energ every night. I don't know what his offensive upside is but hopefully he's in Hamilton next year or perhaps Long Beach if we share Hamilton again.

• 2 weeks later...

the guy will be 4th liner at best. he plays a good game, but doesnt get alot of time in peterborough, ive only seen him on the second line for spot shifts basically. he does have decent linemates on the third line cause the team has good depth. he not like ferland from what i have seen. ice time would have helped him though

the guy will be 4th liner at best. he plays a good game, but doesnt get alot of time in peterborough, ive only seen him on the second line for spot shifts basically. he does have decent linemates on the third line cause the team has good depth. he not like ferland from what i have seen. ice time would have helped him though

How many games have you seen, cause every game I've seen he's been on the 2nd line LW and 2nd PP unit. I don't follow any one team, instead I follow all the ones with habs prospects on it, so I have only seen the Petes maybe 10-12 times in the past 2 seasons.

But 4th liners help the team win too, so if he can step up his game at Hamilton, we'll see how effective he can be.

In person ive probably seen them play 5 times this yr, but there always on tv, and its pretty good hockey to watch, there a good team. Ive seen him on the second line only 3 times, and some spot shifts. 2nd powerplay you are right about though