Soray For Bert Sound Interesting, But We'd Have To Replace Souray's Spot First

kw11habs

:hlogo: I,m hearing alot of Souray for Bertuzzi rumours. I sort of like the sound of it but salary wise I don't think it makes sense for us. Also we would have to make a move before that to replace Souray's spot on the roster. So I would like to see us send M. Ryder, N. Sundstrom, & M. Dandenault (3.6 mill from our cap)to Pheonix for P. Mara & D. Gauthier (3.1 mill from their cap) Then I'd make the Vancouver trade only if they took Bonk to make it work cap wise. Send Souray, Streit & Bonk ( 5.1 mill from our cap) to Vancouver for Bert & Ruutu (5.9 mill from their cap). Then make one last offer to N.J, offer Ribeiro & Zednik (2.9 mill) for Kozlov & Langenbrunner (3.5 mill). If that one goes down we look like this D- Komi - Markov, Mara - Rivet, Gauthier - Bouillon, Cote. Up front Kozlov, Perezhogin, Kovalev - Koivu, Higgins, Bertuzzi - Plecanek, Bulis, Langenbrunner - Begin, Ruutu, Downey & Kostitsin. If the N. J trade won't work then we have Rib's & Zednik instead of Kozlov & Langenbrunner. But I think an all russian line of Kozlov, Perezhogin & Kovalev sure sounds nice. One last move for some extra depth at D get a UFA like a J. Bouchard from N.Y Islanders for little or nothing.

:hlogo: I,m hearing alot of Souray for Bertuzzi rumours. I sort of like the sound of it but salary wise I don't think it makes sense for us. Also we would have to make a move before that to replace Souray's spot on the roster. So I would like to see us send M. Ryder, N. Sundstrom, & M. Dandenault (3.6 mill from our cap)to Pheonix for P. Mara & D. Gauthier (3.1 mill from their cap) Then I'd make the Vancouver trade only if they took Bonk to make it work cap wise. Send Souray, Streit & Bonk ( 5.1 mill from our cap) to Vancouver for Bert & Ruutu (5.9 mill from their cap). Then make one last offer to N.J, offer Ribeiro & Zednik (2.9 mill) for Kozlov & Langenbrunner (3.5 mill). If that one goes down we look like this D- Komi - Markov, Mara - Rivet, Gauthier - Bouillon, Cote. Up front Kozlov, Perezhogin, Kovalev - Koivu, Higgins, Bertuzzi - Plecanek, Bulis, Langenbrunner - Begin, Ruutu, Downey & Kostitsin. If the N. J trade won't work then we have Rib's & Zednik instead of Kozlov & Langenbrunner. But I think an all russian line of Kozlov, Perezhogin & Kovalev sure sounds nice. One last move for some extra depth at D get a UFA like a J. Bouchard from N.Y Islanders for little or nothing.

Calm down buddy. No way that the Habs or any team will make 3 trades of this size before the deadline. Making a trade is not that easy, forget about 3 trades. Maybe 2, one to get a D to replace Souray if we trade him for Bert, which is far from being done.

First, no way we trade Ryder. The guy is on pace for almost 40 goals and is only costing us 1M$.

Second, you're analyzing all the trades with their full year salaries, but there's only a quarter of their salaries left to pay. We can absorb Bert's salary without unloading any salary. We have about 3.5M$ available and Bert will only cost about 1.5M$ for the rest of the season.

Third, no way Vancouver wants Bonk.

In an ideal world, I would try to trade Zednick + something (a draft pick or any player that is not a core player...none of our young guns) for Mara.

Then turn around and trade Souray + something for Bert.

Anyways, I trust that Bob will do what is best, which might be doing nothing if the only players we can get are at a price that involves our young guns.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

.................................Are you serious kw11?

Haha turn off your video game and come back to earth. Why on earth would we do the Ryder trade especially?

I like your imagination though.

My favourite is Ribeiro and Zednik for Kozlov and Langenbrunner, that's a beauty.

The only way that happens is if Lou needs some propecia and Theo includes it to sweeten the deal.

and Vancouver wanting BOnk and Streit....they together are not even worth Ruutu.

EA Sports NHL 2006, i'm going to go check if these trades work in the game, i'll report back, i'm not even sure they will work in the game.

So the Habs would replace close to 1/3 or their current playing roster? I expect nothing this year, to be quite honest, other than rumors to continually swirl until the deadline passes. I'm excited for d-day, but don't think much of any consequence will occur with the Habs.

I agree Huzer I posted this in another thread.

Gainey never made a trade when the team was struggling. He acquired Downey but that is hardly a big change to the team

Gainey is confident in these players and in the last 8 games the Canadiens have played they are just getting better and better. All four lines are balanced and are doing their jobs. The defence is getting better each game especially K Rex his confidence with out a doubt is back. Soury gets better each game and the Cube and Dandy both look good with minimal minutes.

Although it would great to "rent" a guy like Tkachuk just for the playoffs, I really doubtthat anything like that will happen. First, there aren't that many impact guys available, and unless he gets a good longer term return, Gainey should not jeopardize the future of the team by trading away 1st round picks and good young players like Komisarek and Perezhogin just to win an extra game or 2 in the playoffs. If we were truly contending for the Cup, this would be another story, but we're not.

At best, with some luck, we might get a quality depth/character guy like Martin Gelinas... or with an amazing amount of luck we might get rid of Bonk's too long contract.

Well as a replacement for Sheldon Souray don't we already have

Jean Phillipe Coté from Hamilton? We could probably use a more experienced NHLer but if Bob doesn't want to shop for a D then Coté would be the perfect choice for Souray's spot.. that is if he is traded.

I doubt Côté has the skills to be a top 6 defenseman in the NHL. He didn't do badly last time he was called, but he remains a marginal player.

perhaps he'll never be a flashy player but he'll be efficient and he'll never do anything that hurt the team.

When did Bob say the Habs needed a 20-minute dman?

I would almost be certain that he said that before K Rex stepped up and joined Markov and Souray begun to bring his A game back to the ice.

I would almost be certain that he said that before K Rex stepped up and joined Markov and Souray begun to bring his A game back to the ice.

He did indeed say that before Komi and Markov were paired together.

Maybe Bob thinks our D is good now?

Gainey praised Komisarek in an article in today's Gazette.

Not an exact quote but:

"It's a chicken and egg situation. Is he playing well but because he's getting lots of icetime or is he getting lots of icetime because he's playing well?"

Komisarek also said his recent strong play started from being paired with JP Cote.

"I thought the coach was showing confidence in me by placing me with another young guy."

Komisarek also said he liked playing with Markov and that it kept him on his toes because he never knew when Markov would get the puck to him.

Gainey says that defence pairings "can be funny" because sometimes any two guys will just click together that way and you never know how.

So yeah, it seems Gainey is pretty happy with out defence or atleast won't be looking for a top pairing D-man this week. Speaking of the trade deadline, Gainey said a few days ago that he's going to wait until the end of the week to make a move. First he wants to see what the market value is by looking at trades made between other teams.

Komisarek's problem was only confidence. I think this is also true for his ofensive game; he's got much more potential than his stats would indicate. However, his confidence was so low that he's only been thinking about defense so far. This is why I would like to see Komisarek progressively get more time on the powerplay.

Oh crap. 2 hours of 24 tonight. I missed the past 2 episodes so I'll stop in middle of the game to go watch it. Okay, maybe a 20 pager.

They mentioned on the radio the other day that the only reason BG went public to say that he was looking for a 20 min D-man was to light a fire under the current D...and it seems to have worked :D