Game Thread | Habs Vs. Philadelphia | 03/06/06

Spider-Man NL

GAGNE WILL PLAY

The Philadelphia Flyers expect to have left wing Simon Gagne back in the lineup on Monday when they host the Montreal Canadiens at the Wachovia Center.

Gagne has missed the first three games since the end of the Olympic break, nursing a bone bruise in his right knee he suffered while playing for Team Canada.

Gagne has skated on his own for the past three days.

He had to be helped off the ice after he was upended by Russia's Darius Kasparaitis in the first period of the quarter-finals in Torino. Russia eliminated Canada 2-0.

Gagne is the Flyers' leading scorer with 37 goals and 26 assists for 63 points in 51 games.

www.tsn.ca

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Toronto is chasing us, while Philly is well ahead of us.

Exactly, Toronto is the important game.

I don't want to blow out Huet with too many games. Danis has to play sometime.

Believing that the Leafs is a more important game is viewing the glass as half empty. Montreal is 7 points ahead of the Leafs with one game at hand and 10 points back of the Flyers with 2 games at hand.

If the Habs win tomorrow that is only 8 points back still holding 2 games at hand.

Thinking positive is always best.

Starting Huet against the Flyers = Glass Half Full.

Believing that the Leafs is a more important game is viewing the glass as half empty. Montreal is 7 points ahead of the Leafs with one game at hand and 10 points back of the Flyers with 2 games at hand.

If the Habs win tomorrow that is only 8 points back still holding 2 games at hand.

Have full of what? Saku Original or Saku Export?

Speaking of Koivu, the guy is still somehow managing to produce....even though he looks exhausted toward the end of each shift.....I know he wears the "C" and is fulfilling his duties and all that, and I know BG has him off the PK and his ice time is down a bit , but the poor guy really needs a couple of days off. I want his tank full for the playoffs.

Saku original of course!

Saku will get some time to rest after the Canadiens clinch a playoff spot or when the Canadiens are enjoying an early healthy lead in their upcoming games. From what I heard Koivu would not be participating in a few practices and pre game skates until he is feeling refreshed from the Olympics.

Whoever starts, we're going to have a good goalie in net. Huet is hot, but Danis has proven himself more than capable. It's not like we have to start Huet for a particular game because Danis is chopped liver!

Go :hlogo: Go!!

I like your thinking -- Habs should be chasing the teams above them not trying to run from those below us -- much better we go through the last weeks of the season in sixth than eighth, so it's time we aim higher than just making the playoffs.

"I wasn't playing my game because I was afraid I was going to make a mistake and I'd wind up on the bench. When coach Gainey took over, he told me that as long as I worked hard, I didn't have to worry. I"m playing with more confidence now."

-Mike Komisarek

Gotta love coach Gainey, gotta love him.

Edited by mathieu30

Our Canadiens have killed 46 of 51 penalties in the last 8 games.

"We've done a good job in that regard, but we might be better off if the coach could teach them how to stay out of the (penalty) box"

-Bob Gainey

Gotta love him.

this might not be news to anyone else, but I just realized that this game will be on national USA TV on OLN!

First time in 2006 I can watch the damn game in my apartment!

GO HABS GO!

this might not be news to anyone else, but I just realized that this game will be on national USA TV on OLN!

First time in 2006 I can watch the damn game in my apartment!

GO HABS GO!

Sweet!!!

Gonna find out if I can see it!

If we keep playing the way we're playing, I think it's pretty realistic catching the flyers........Our schedule this month is really not that scary as long as the boys keep playing hard.

Well.... the teams we'll be playing are not scary in themselves but there is absolutely no rest for the team the rest of the way in. Fatigue will be enemy #1.

Been awhile since I've been around, but here's to the Habs beatin' the Flyers tonight! I'm loking forward to a much needed evening on the couch cheering the team on. Go :hlogo: Go!

Welcome back Huzer!

Tonight is a big game boys, just like the rest of them...I'm just worried about the boys for Tuesday - They are bound to arrive in Toronto LATE.

Well.... the teams we'll be playing are not scary in themselves but there is absolutely no rest for the team the rest of the way in. Fatigue will be enemy #1.

I agree, but in a sense, all teams are in the same boat give a game or two. This is where we can only hope that the conditioning staff of the canadiens has somehow prepared our boys better then other teams.

Let's just make it to the play-offs and try to win the first round early to get some rest. I think the rangers would be perfect. Out of the top 4 teams they are our best chance to be done with quick.

The Rangers will be a tough team to play. Lundqvist is an amazing goalie and his confidence has been riding high all year. The only thing I believe that makes the Rangers an easy target is Jagr has only played 6 playoff games in the past 5 years.

I recoginize your point, but I still disagree. That may be positive thinking, but it's not necessarily smart thinking.

Aiming high for Philly could cost the Habs the Philly game and the Toronto game. It's riskier. Perhaps you have bigger balls than I, but I prefer going with the better shot. I think the best thing to do is to stomp on the heads and fingers of those reaching for you, trying to drag you down. Also, Philly is in the same conference, but Toronto and Boston are in the same division.

Either way, Huet deserves a rest, either tonight or tomorrow, this is certain.

Ok Trizzak does this mean you are not confident is Yann because I believe he can beat the Leafs. Danis has been excellent in most of the action he has seen this year with Montreal.

I am pretty sure Huet will be in nets tonight and Yann tomorrow. The Leafs have 0 confidence and as long as Montreal does not take them lightly they should be able to come up with a win at the ACC.