Pierre Maguire

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I posted here, I think my last post outlined the "behind the scenes" ongoings of the Canadiens. Seeing where the team is now, is does not surprise me in the least to see an improvement in work ethic and desire with Theodore out of the lineup (hopefully for good).

Anyways, I'm posting today because Pierre Maguire will be on my show "It's Outta Here!" this Friday. "It's Outta Here!" airs every Friday Morning from 8:30 - 9:00 Pacific, on CJSF 90.1 FM in Vancouver or worldwide on the web at www.cjsf.ca (click Listen Live).

So, definetely tune in to hear Pierre's thoughts on the state of hockey, the Canadian clubs, and of course, Les Canadiens. I will be talking to him on Wednesday, so post here if you have any questions you would like to have asked. Keep in mind, I'm talking to him Wednesday, but it will air Friday, so let's stay away from specific trade questions.

Cheers,

Dave

Awesome Dave!

good to hear from you!

My thought on the future of team rosters .... Does he share the feeling that because of the cap and because there is limited skill out there that Balanced lines and even goaltending will be a more common thing to see in the near future i.e Buffalo with their as I call them 3 Second lines! and two starting goaltenders that will share a more even amount of games disputed

In the Habs we have two second rate first lines and two top Third lines for example

I am very keen on the two goalie task sharing! for all those teams that cannot afford or have not traded or drafted a franchise or 1a Goalie!

Thanks Dave!

Ask him if he can stop using the terms Monster amd jam....I just don't like those terms as hockey expressions. Bothers me the same way as holymackinaw does....

Ask him what he thinks of the young Canadiens prospects Higgins, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin and Plekanec and whose his favorite of the four.

Considering his initial (negative) reaction to Gainey & Co.'s decision to draft Carey Price with the 5th overall pick, I'd like to know if he's had a change of heart. Especially considering the whole Theo situation right now.

When he gets into his shouting mode or mood, I just find him annoying.

Pierre Macguire is THE best hockey commentator, bar none. People around here crap all over him because he sometimes criticizes the Habs. Give me a break.

Dave, I DEFINITELY have a question for him. Please ask him if (a) we have seen enough to be able to say with some confidence that Huet is a legitimate #1 goalie in the NHL and b., if so, whether he thinks the Habs should move José Theodore in Huet's favour. I'd love to hear his thoughts.

And as a Port Moody-dwelling ex-Montrealer, I'll definitely be listening :)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Funny,.... I get that way about you. Blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!

ah.... I missed you too................................

I like Pierre MacGuire too but he overuses the term "monster" way too much.

Ask him what he thinks of working with Gord Miller and sitting in a booth with him, hearing his annoying voice 3 hours at a time, during game coverage.

And why not whether it's too early to call Theodore a one-hit wonder and whether or not he thinks Crosby is truly that great (I don't).

ah.... Pierre McGuire is just some guy who's trying to copy that american tendency to overhype something - listen to some nfl football games, some nba basketball games, some us college sports game... the colour guys are just ridiculous.... crazy hyperoverhype :wacko:

Ask Pierre what he thought of the reffing...

maybe he'll just start yelling again as he 'describes' the game and gives his opinion.

Ask him if he can stop using the terms Monster amd jam....I just don't like those terms as hockey expressions. Bothers me the same way as holymackinaw does....

lmfao :D

ah.... Pierre McGuire is just some guy who's trying to copy that american tendency to overhype something - listen to some nfl football games, some nba basketball games, some us college sports game... the colour guys are just ridiculous.... crazy hyperoverhype :wacko:

Then you should remind him that we are Canadian, and therefore dont need stupid gimmics to create more interest in the game. :P

Although I do agree with some of the things McGuire does say, I think the majority of the things he says are either common sense no brainers, or are out right wrong.

TEL HIM (don't ask)..... he's NOT the play-by-play man! He's there as the "color" man, and is suppose to "fill us in" during stoppages in play. When play starts back up SHUT UP! He may know hockey but he doesn't do his assigned job very well.............and he needs to buy a thesaurus and build his vocabulary.

Enough with the "monster", "Flashing" on a shot, "got filled-in", "malache crunch" "Kbonk" etc.....

Quebecers are often complaining that the rest of Canada and the rest of the hockey world never give them a fair chance, and that they are often left out. Whether you like Pierre McGuire or not, he is proving just the opposite, being perhaps one the most influencial and respected hockey personalities in North America.

Personally, I always recpect his opinions, whether I agree with him or not. He is well connected in the hockey world, and is very knowledgeable. Unlike other so-called experts, he's actually worked in the NHL in a coaching staff and also in a scouting staff; when he talks about what a general manager wants from a player, he knows what he's talking about.

Just one example is how he describes a player like Koivu, compared to how a guy like Michel Villeneuve would. He doesn't just look at the statistics in the paper, he actually evaluates the players' performance on the ice. His evaluation doesn't stop at "Koivu only has X points", he also describes the intangible factors that you don't see on the scoresheet.

I don't mind him. Especially if you're ever forced to watch games on the local FoxSportsNet channels for the other teams. Those guys are complete homers. Thank god the Avs "Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!" guy is gone! Most annoying pbp guy around (except maybe for the old guy in Buffalo who sounds like he got kicked in the groin everytime the Sabres take a shot). Maguire and, believe it or not, Barry Melrose seem to be the only high profile guys that ever gave Habs players any credit.

Edited by huzer

Hey all,

I don't want to give it away, but Pierre had some comments to make regarding fans who believed that Theo should not be the #1 goalie in Montreal...and that was before the trade occured.

Be sure to tune in Friday Morning at 8:30, 90.1 FM in Vancouver, www.cjsf.ca (click Listen Live) worldwide.

Cheers,

Dave

• 4 months later...

Fire Pierre? holly shight! if we need to sign a petition to get him fired Then Were skipping like half of the the even worse commentators that have air time

crazy waste of internet use

Oh yeah and before getting rid of Pierre Get rid of GOLF from TV then I might sign!

I hear the guy on team 990 and I think he does a monster job :lol:

I really liked his job on draft day