Last Nights Game And More

Zowpeb

Well, maybe I should've posted this in the game thread but I figured it would get lost...and this is about more then just that game and includes some general comments.

1) Craig Rivet sucks donkeys balls. Jason Allison absolutely BLEW by him 2-3 times last night...what the hell is that? I've seen 13 years olds skate faster then Allison so I don't know what that says about Rivet.

We need to trade him faster then Superman on speed pills.

2) Worst officiated match I've seen all year last night...I was at the game and even the Leaf fans couldn't believe how bad it was...'nuff said when the worst homer fans in the world agree with their arch-nemisis habs fans.

3) Koivu has been non-existant lately.

4) Kovalev is crazy good on the puck. Wow doesn't begin to describe it...

5) I friggin hate Ribeiro...

6) I'm hoping Gainey is getting a clear perspective on players so he knows what changes he wants to make. I'm hoping that Ribeiro, Rivet, Bonk and Theodore are all gone by next season...

7) I still hate Leaf fans, their team, their uniforms, the MLSE, Quinn, Domi, Tucker, etc. The fans at the ACC are either corporate snobs or trailer park trash...lol

I partially agree. Rivet did let Allison by him, but he has been the gritty player we always looked for. He has been a leader and has been playing well. Koivu...well..He hasn't been playing that great but he will get going again. And #6 - can't agree with you on that one. Ribeiro has been playing great of late!

Just like to lay out a few stats about last nights game :

Penalties:

MTL - 12

TOR - 6

4 Out of the 4 on-ice officials were from Ontario. Every game Montreal has lost to the Leafs could be blamed mostly on officiating. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited by habsfan88

Agreed to everything you said, except the Ribeiro comment, but hey, everyone has their opinions.

Just like to lay out a few stats about last nights game :

Penalties:

MTL - 12

TOR - 6

4 Out of the 4 on-ice officials were from Ontario. Every game Montreal has lost to the Leafs could be blamed mostly on officiating. Coincidence? I think not.

Rivet has been a bit off for the last couple of games but lets not forget he's been our most consistent defenceman for the year

Don't forget that 4 of the 5 Leaf goals came on the PP. ANd you can try all you want but Theodore is staying in Montreal. Who's going to buy a $5.33M underachieving, injured hot-head? The fact that he's injured is the real reason and he's too much of a gamble for his salary.

I like Rivet.

Hate to think where this team would be in the standings or as a team in general if it wasn't for those two guys.

Considering the lack of depth the Habs have on D, that would be the only reason I'm thankful for having Rivet.

As far as last night's game, I'd agree with the other points. I just remember thinking how weak Ribs was when McCabe barely pushed him in the corner and he went flying. Three concerns always related to Ribeiro were size, skating, and attitude, and there haven't been any improvements on any of those fronts.

Officiating: one word: horrid.

Koivu and Ryder don't seem to be clicking on that first line. For as much as people have said Zednik isn't a top line player, neither is Ryder. As much as it won't happen, I still wish the Habs would acquire a big winger with a mean streak to play with Koivu.

Hate to think where this team would be in the standings or as a team in general if it wasn't for those two guys.

In a no-tolerance era like ours I can see where this team would be in the standings without those two guys.