Theodore or Thibault??

Bonavistaman11

Did the Habs give up on Thibault too quick??

He has played very good with the Hawks.

We all thought we had the next Roy when Theo had the Outstanding season two years ago, but last season was a poor one for him and the Habs.

Right now who would you rather have between the pipes??

Theo hoping he'll bounce back, or Thibault?

[Edited on 2003/10/9 by Bonavistaman11]

Last year was T-Bo's first truly solid year. Just 2 years ago, Chicago benched him for Steve Passmore because he was so inconsistent.

Theodore's awful season last year was still better than most of Thibeault's seasons.

Theodore hands down.

However, it is starting to look like Thibeault could be a late bloomer, not unlike what Sean Burke did. He's off to a great start, well one game to be honest. I hope for him that it happens, he's a good kid.

Theo has gotta smarten up, another bad start isn't goin to help his confidence. Maybe he cant handle the pressure anymore either.

i know Three of the goals last night deflections but, the old theo would have been posistioned well enough that at least two of them would have hit him and stayed out.

And what about the Alfredsson goal, he made theo look real bad!.

He had better soon start playing or he'll be gone.

:ghg:

You have to go with Theodore over Thibault. No questions asked...I can't even believe this is being asked. How many Hart or Vezina's has Thibault won again???

As for last nights game: Alfredsson's goal was hardly Theodore's fault.

The team played awful. We have about 3-4 forwards in total who have any idea how to play defensively. I think we only have 3 defensemen who know how to play defense too.

Our d-men don't or can't clear the front of the net effectively. Our forwards don't come back enough. We play a style to clear our zone along the boards but don't have the forwards to play that style. Quite honestly the entire team outside of about 7 guys needs to be blown up and put back together. We all know this and we all know we're rebuilding with that purpose but I'd rather see a harsh change now than a slow agonizing one that'll last all year.

Honestly our top 3 lines should resemble this but can't thanks to a lack of top end talent:

LW - Koivu - RW

Bulis - Ribeiro - Zednik

Sundstrom - C - Ryder

Markov - RD

LD - Komisarek

Hainsey - Rivet

Those are the only forwards who deserve to be on the team. Unfortunately Zednik, Bulis and Ribs are 2nd line players. Koivu needs real wingers. I might not even have Sundstrom around other then he deserves a shot since he's historically been good defensively and still young. The 3rd line C needs to be a guy with size, grit and some defensive and offensive skill...like a Ricci, Madden, Holik, Lapointe, etc...

Our defense needs help badly. Brisebois just needs to move on...I think he's got a bad wrap here because he was forced into an unfair situation for his game. Rivet is purely average. Quintal is too old. Might as well let Komisarek and Hainsey learn in the NHL. With a true 1st pairing defensive d-man(like a Norstrom) we'd have a couple of work horses to go 27 mins a game. Komisarek needs a solid defensive vet with a good all around game beside him. Rivet can be an effective defensive partner for Hainsey.

Until we get rid of Perreault, Dackell, Juneau, Brisebois, and a couple others this won't happen because of our current payroll. Getting rid of those guys would free up about 10 million not counting that we'd get some salary back.

Our problem has been the same for 4 years now: Other than Koivu, Markov and Theodore this team has no one who even resembles a high level of talent. To compound matters the 2nd - 4th line talent doesn't have the grit it needs to compete in the eastern conference.