Game Thread | Rangers Vs. Montreal | 03/11/06

Spider-Man NL

rangers_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

rangers50.gif36-17-9 : 81 Points (3rd in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif30-23-9 : 69 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2585.gif# 30 Henrik Lundqvist (25-8-7), 2.08 GAArangers50.gif

montreal50.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (10-6-4), 2.35 GAA 2311.gif

Rangers Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Plekanec - Zednik

Begin - Bonk - Sundstrom

d.jpg

Souray - Rivet

Markov - Komisarek

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 6th, 2005:montreal50.gif4 rangers50.gif3 OT

Oct. 29th, 2005:rangers50.gif5 montreal50.gif2

Oct. 31st, 2005:montreal50.gif4 rangers50.gif1

boom5.jpg

20051029NHLRangersRozsivalvsCanadiensRyd

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on

logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great job Spidey..

I get to be the first to say GO HABS GO

unfortunately Boom Boom won't make it tommorow night, but it will still be special and I wish him the best.

Should be a great game, and look like Ottawa might help us out tonight, Ottawa is up 2-0 alread just minutes in against Atlanta.

make that 3-0.

Let's see some great hockey tommorow, the atmosphere should be great tommorow night

Go HAbs go

GO HABS GO

Another big game for the Habs, but looks like Monday against Tampa Bay may be bigger, but still important points against the Rangers.

I was watching TSN and they said that Aebischer and Simpson won't be in the lineup on saturday.

I mean, Aebischer won't be starting.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h031017A

Geoffrion too ill to take part in jersey retirement ceremony

MONTREAL (CP) - Bernard (Boom Boom) Geoffrion will not be able take to part in his jersey retirement ceremony because he is too ill.

The retirement of Geoffrion's No. 5 will still go ahead Saturday at the Bell Centre before Montreal's game against the New York Rangers. Doctors discovered stomach cancer while Geoffrion underwent a surgical procedure last week in Atlanta. A Canadiens spokesman said Geoffrion's condition has deteriorated and he will not attend the ceremony.

The 75-year-old Geoffrion was a scoring star on powerhouse Canadiens teams in the 1950s and early 1960s. He is said to have invented the slapshot.

In 1960-61, the Montreal native became the second player after Maurice (Rocket) Richard to score 50 goals in a season.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h031017A

Geoffrion too ill to take part in jersey retirement ceremony

MONTREAL (CP) - Bernard (Boom Boom) Geoffrion will not be able take to part in his jersey retirement ceremony because he is too ill.

The retirement of Geoffrion's No. 5 will still go ahead Saturday at the Bell Centre before Montreal's game against the New York Rangers. Doctors discovered stomach cancer while Geoffrion underwent a surgical procedure last week in Atlanta. A Canadiens spokesman said Geoffrion's condition has deteriorated and he will not attend the ceremony.

The 75-year-old Geoffrion was a scoring star on powerhouse Canadiens teams in the 1950s and early 1960s. He is said to have invented the slapshot.

In 1960-61, the Montreal native became the second player after Maurice (Rocket) Richard to score 50 goals in a season.

The reality of life....coming to an end.

Sad and scary.........

Best wishes, see you on the other side.....

BOOM!!!!!!

i'm expecting a lot of emotion tomorrow nite... boom boom very sick and weak... boom who dreamed to see his #5 on the bell center ceiling along with those richard, beliveau, morenz... oh my god... T_T

actually, his 2 sons will represent boom boom at the ceremony coz boom boom told them to do it for the *GEOFFRION*'s name.

RDS will start the pre-game at 6h30pm, this will also include an interview with huet's father (so for all those huet fans, watch it)

and yeah, there is no more #1 as gainey said, so if huet has a bad game, bob will surely put aebi in the next game...

btw : it was funny to see the sequence where Aebisher was in the locker and a TONS of microphones coming under his mouth to get his comments (welcome to montrel boy!! haha)

and finally, theo came to the bell center today to take all his stuff and equipment and he left a msg on a white board for his ex-team mates :

"GOOD LUCK GUYS!

TAKE CARE!

60"

it was kind from him~

--

OK!! now, let's get a big win tomorrow nite for boom boom~

Edited by bebehabs

The one thing that irritates me is why the Canadiens waited so long to retire his #. If they had done it a few years ago he could have enjoyed the ceremony. Bon Chance Boomer.

GHG :hlogo: :hockey: :hlogo:

Edited by PMAC

My thoughts and prayers are with Geoffrion...I really hope he gets well.

Let's go Habs, let's win this one for BOOM BOOM!

Predictions - 4-3 Habs ---- Kovalev game winner on a SLAP SHOT from the top of the circle!

Edited by habsfan88

I havent given one of my predictions lately....

Hmmm..........

5-3 Habs

Kovalev, Bulis, Plekanec or Higgins, Ryder, Markov...

Jagr, Rucchinsky, Kasparitis...

Thats the best my psychic mind can some up with so late at night.

:hlogo:

Well this is a big test for Huet against the best goalie in the NHL so far this season. King Henry can be tough to beat. I will be attending the game tonight with my dad look for be behind Huet in the 1st and 3rd and heckling Lundqvist in the 2nd, two rows behind the aforementioned keepers. I will be wearing as always my red Koivu jersey.

I miss Theo...:( ... but really our goaltending is fine right now and all. I hope these guys can spin some magic in the post season like we all know theo would have

Well this is a big test for Huet against the best goalie in the NHL so far this season. King Henry can be tough to beat. I will be attending the game tonight with my dad look for be behind Huet in the 1st and 3rd and heckling Lundqvist in the 2nd, two rows behind the aforementioned keepers. I will be wearing as always my red Koivu jersey.

Wear it backwards with the logo on the back and Koivu in front so we can spot ya!

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/hockey/2...-vendredi.shtml

"He was very proud to have his sweater put up there beside Howie Morenz. A smile, with him on the ice, that would have said everything."

-Robert Geoffrion

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I will be attending the game tonight with my dad look for be behind Huet in the 1st and 3rd and heckling Lundqvist in the 2nd, two rows behind the aforementioned keepers. I will be wearing as always my red Koivu jersey.

umm.. maybe u should bring a lil sheet with *HELLO HABSWORLD MEMBERS!* on it :)

or paint ur cheeks with *JM* on the right one and *MR* on the left one? ummmm at least, dunt forget to yell up loud *HUET*, and not *THEO* :king: :king:

hey guys, i'll be going to the habs boutique today and gets some habs cap, i wanna buy 4 so i can wear a different one every week day at work :P (well i already have one hehe) and of course, i wanna see if there'll be some cheap stuff about theo stuff~~ ^_^

Looking at stats..........we have the hottest 1,2 combo in goal this month. Crazy stats. I hope Huet can keep this up. This shut out streak is actually unbelievable.

Who would have thought..............

Goaltending like this can bring you a Stanley cup all by itself....

Go HABS Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Theo...:( ... but really our goaltending is fine right now and all. I hope these guys can spin some magic in the post season like we all know theo would have

Fine? it's borderline the best I've seen in the NHL in a long time.

When was the last time you felt so confident to grab a win. Theo who?

OHHHHHH how quickly and happy I am to forget!!!!

It's go the potential to be a bittersweet night at the Bell centre, what with Boom Boom falling ill, and José's departure... but this can be alleviated somewhat with a solid defeat of those pesky Rangers!

Let's hope the tangible emotion will fire up the boys, and that they take it to them right from that start! And man, I want another 102 mph slapshot goal from Souray.. especially tonight!

GO HABS GO!!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Boom Boom...

:hlogo:

and finally, theo came to the bell center today to take all his stuff and equipment and he left a msg on a white board for his ex-team mates :

"GOOD LUCK GUYS!

TAKE CARE!

60"

Theo's not exactly making it easy for me to hate him... Despite everything, I am sad to see him go...

this game will be highly emotional tonight. hope boom boom gets some images of the ceremony...

It's kinda ironic he couldn't be there since he's the one who decided of march 11th for the ceremony in respect of his late father in law, howie morenz. H.M. died on a march 11th. let'S just hope boom boom doesn't do the same thing!

oh by the way, 4-2 montreal

I won't miss Theo one bit :D

Finally we can concentrate on the Habs...the TEAM...not THEO. He had way too much attention.

GO HABS GO !!!

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

this game will be highly emotional tonight. hope boom boom gets some images of the ceremony...

well I guess it won't happen :(