Game Thread | Rangers Vs. Montreal | 03/11/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUET HUET HUET!!! Koivu is doing just fine and he didn't have a bad game. He made some great passes and he had some good chance and sometimes it doesn't work out but the RED HOT HABS WON AGAIN BOTTOM LINE.

:wacko: Which game did you watch? Saku aborted more plays than he created. He's always about a second behind the play.

"I don't know if our players can really equate with Boom Boom Geoffrion as a player, quite honestly. It's a different era altogether. But I'll tell you what they do understand is that this franchise is a hallowed franchise, and we really understand the magnitude of what this franchise has done for the game."

- Rangers Coach Tom Renney, 11/03/06, NY Times

:wacko: Which game did you watch? Saku aborted more plays than he created. He's always about a second behind the play.

Amen to that. I think a some people on here are looking at Koivu's play through 'rose-colored glasses', as the old saying goes.

Please relax, everyone....Saku will be OK once he gets a little bit of rest.

Uhhhh there is no chance for rest till the offseason. Its a game every other night, or more for the rest of the season and the playoffs. He needs to sort himself out now.

If Koivu is indeed tired, he ought to be rested for a few days. Keep him out of the next game and the next practice or two. Because right now, he's not helping the team much anyways.

I think they have been basically let him skip practice whenever he wants since break. As far as skipping a game, if it is really necessary, we are playing the penguins next saturday...

I think they have been basically let him skip practice whenever he wants since break. As far as skipping a game, if it is really necessary, we are playing the penguins next saturday...

Yeah, well they've already beat us twice. I wouldn't take any team for granted right now.

I agree, cut him some slack. You have to realize that he's probably still not fully recovered from the Olympics. I'm sure that captaining the underdog team all the way to the gold medal game only to just barely lose to your most bitter rivals would be just a tad disappointing. Especially seeing that he was probably the scapegoat in that game, breaking his stick only to have the GWG scored while he went to the bench to get another one. That's gotta be tough. So lay off a bit, he's probably trying too hard right now. Once he relaxes up again, he'll be good to go, just in time for the playoffs.

Big problem with Koivu lately is that he's going back to this bad habit he has when slumping: he passes when he should be shooting. A couple of times lately, he's passed up (pardon the pun) an almost sure goal to make a brain-dead pass.

- Jack

Big problem with Koivu lately is that he's going back to this bad habit he has when slumping: he passes when he should be shooting. A couple of times lately, he's passed up (pardon the pun) an almost sure goal to make a brain-dead pass.

- Jack

Yes last night I was sitting right behind Lundqvist in the second period and Koivu had two or three opportunities to shoot and not once did the thought even cross his mind. Not to mention that pass in the third on the PP when he had the wide open net. I believe he is just tired as well but the Habs have Tuesday and Wednesday off so good time for the injured and tired players to rest. After that the Pens and Caps the bottom of the eastern barrel, the Habs need to blow both of these teams out early so that rest can be once again given to these ailing players. But as Dark said be cautious of all teams right now no matter their standing, The Pens and Caps have nothing to lose but everything to gain in terms of contracts for next year etc.

- Jack

O.k so he should have shot, but did you not see or understand what he was trying to do. It didn't click.

He's a little off, next game it might be a little better, and then a great game, after that another great game, after that a couple of bad ones.....and so on ....................and so on

The team is winning regardless....................yay

You know he'll be on fire in the play-offs........that's when he should peak.

I agree Habber-oooooKnows

The Habs and Habs fans can always count on Saku when it counts most. I trust that he will prepare himself for the playoffs and be his usual point a game self come the post season.

And the team is winning without him at his best how great is that.

Amen to that. I think a some people on here are looking at Koivu's play through 'rose-colored glasses', as the old saying goes.

Its understandable but its dangerous when feelings get mixed with analysis. Pointing out flaws in a players' game isnt necessarily bashing or personnal. And liking a player shouldnt stop you from seeing his mistakes.

I dont like Rivet one bit, but I'm forced to admit that he's been getting better and better all season long. On the other hand I like Saku but I'm pissed by the way he has been playing for most of the season. I like Souray but I cringe everytime I see him make dumb plays. I'm a long-time Bulis fan and... well Bubu is flawless! Keep off Bubu! :P

• 3 months later...