Nhl Paradigm Shift

CoRvInA

Let me be the one to officially say the Habs on their way to the 25th Cup have opened a new path to success

and this path means NO One goalie No Onle line but the whole team and wave after wave of efficient teamwork!

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/199961.html

As he put it himself

No number one goalie and no number one line!

This is the future!!! :hockey:

Aebischer/Huet platoon, Huet starts Saturday vs the Rags. Article also says Aebs speaks excellent French, good for the media he does I think it was Bulis who said who'd have guessed we'd have three French-speaking goalies, from three different countries!

Fasten your seatbelts looks like the rest of the season will be a real interesting ride!

I agree. Also, I think Buffalo as the same formula, but they are already one step ahead of us...they're having a great season with 2 #1 goalies and no #1 line.

definitely Buffalo started it this year... reason Why the title of this post is NHL paradigm shift ... I've been mentioning this no top line scheme in threads back when we were losing to Buffalo and we were juggling lines like a circus act.

Funny. In europe they have formed the teams like this for years and now they are starting to go toward the NHL-style with 2 scoring lines a checking line and a fourth line that just gives the other players some rest.

I can buy the no top line vision for the future, but I still think it's more difficult to win without a number one goalie in place by the time you start the playoffs. Minnesota had the premiere tandem in the league the season they met Anaheim, but they couldn't get to the finals that way. If you look at the recent Cup finalists, they all had their number one guys. It's ideal to have two guys that the team has confidence in, but I think that a team plays differently in front of their number guy than their back-up. That's why come deadline time, some teams look for more experienced back-ups, so there's less of a change in play should the starter be lost to injury.

Article also says Aebs speaks excellent French, good for the media he does

i confirm it!!! aebi's french speacking is even more interesting to listen than huet's one!! sorry guys but huet is searching his words continuously and always stop his sentence with an *errrrrrrrrr...*

ex :

"yes we had a good game... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... the boys played... errrrrrr...pretty well defensively... errrrrrrrrr... i felt great... errrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

oh well, this is my personal opinion~ as long as he stops the puck... i'll be fine hehe :P

i confirm it!!! aebi's french speacking is even more interesting to listen than huet's one!! sorry guys but huet is searching his words continuously and always stop his sentence with an *errrrrrrrrr...*

ex :

"yes we had a good game... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... the boys played... errrrrrr...pretty well defensively... errrrrrrrrr... i felt great... errrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

oh well, this is my personal opinion~ as long as he stops the puck... i'll be fine hehe :P

we dont need him to make speeches just stop the puck. :D:D

I was actually going to post it that I was right about him speaking French. :D

I like it this way because we don't have 2 back-upd, we have 2 1Bs. Aebischer was a good starter in Colorado and Huet is a good starter here. Even if we only had one of them I wouldn't be worried.

ex :

so? Mario Lemieux did the same for years, and in TV ads at that (the soup thing) LOL... doesnt take away the fact he was a great player... not to mention Fafan Richer...

Well I assumed that Aebi would speak French Bulis is not wrong all that often. :)

About this Paradigm shift I am all for it.

IMO Huet+Aebi>Fernandez+Roloson.

And I believe come playoff time Bob will run things a bit differently going with the hot hand but not replacing a goalie after a single loss. That is to say if Huet or Aebi wins the first round in a sweep just for arguments sake and loses the first game in round two I believe that goalie will be given the start for game 2. Gainey will not play with the goalies confidence as Minnesota did during their impressive playoff run. Come playoff time Bob and Guy will have decided on a number one and he will be their man for the majority if not all of the post season.

I agree the talent should be spread out over the team, and with the cap if on player is making $7mil, that takes money out of the pockets of other players. I think $5mil or so should be the most we should pay a player, it makes for better esprit de corps if the players are not divided into "elite" and "journeyman" camps. For example I think Begin is one of the most important players on our team. As for the specific goalie question I started another thread on that question, I totally agree with what Gainey is doing.

how can anyone be against it? Abby was on fire in Colorado too since Jan. 1st, I think it was 15 w 5d or something like that (showed in the JDM yesterday) and Huet was on fire here too (is probably looking at second straight D player of the week, yet again) Im all for it!

as for the no 1st line thing? why not, its a great chance to try something new, and keeps the other teams on their toes, they dont get a chance to rest, and have to keep that checking line on longer, eliminatin their own scoring threat... could be the evolution of the trap system, where team shut themselves... whatever...