Habs Tidbits

JMMR

Here is some Habs news that I just heard on Sport 30 on RDS that wasn't listed anywhere I looked.

-Ribs has a ribs injury and is listed as day to day and should play Thursday (see JMMR's threads).

-Markov is still uncertain for Thursday. He is having back spasms.

-Richard Zednik came very close to be traded at the deadline and Bob Gainey received many offers for him. The one that was mentioned on television was that Phoenix offered Mike Comrie (didn't go into details).

-Zednik has been playing all season with bad knees (having problems with his knees, didn't go into specifics) and he is feeling much better recently.

-Neither Huet or Aebischer has been confirmed for Thursday against the Canes but Aebischer says he is ready to play with the Habs. He said that he was greated by the team when he joined the team.

-The Habs obtained a total of 7 out of a possible 24 points when Markov is injured or doesn't play (3-8-1 record).

-Bob Gainey obtained many offers for Souray at the deadline, no names were mentioned.

Also that Souray denies wanting to go out west to be with his daughter ...and more so he wants to win a cup in MTL and that there isnt a better organization in the NHL!

Back to Zed... but didnt he play in the Olympics and how did his Knees get better?? those 3 days he got off after slovakia got emilinated? doesnt make sense!

I dont like the fact we didn't grab Comrie for ZED... The Great One must really be desperate...

Comrie is overrated and a headcase. He's the same player type than Ribs but only slightly better. So that would have been a useless trade.

Ah yes, Edmonton will never forget their beloved Mike Communist.

As far as Zednik and his knees go, I agree with you Corvina, he should have taken some time off to heal but I got no idea how his knees are feeling better. He kept saying and he knew he wasn't playing his best but he's improved recently. My guess is he must be taking some good medication or something *insert Macaskill drug joke here*.

The Habs obtained a total of 7 out of a possible 24 points when Markov is injured or doesn't play (3-8-1 record).

NOT GOOD!

I hope he plays tonight then. Tampa lost last night so the Habs can jump them again. Not to mention the Leafs and Islanders won. I want to keep a comfortable lead on them.

Its nice to see Zednik has some trade value....maybe the offseason will see him packaged with someone like Souray and some picks for a number 1 centerman.

Then maybe sign one of the multitude of defenseman that might be available (Zyzuin, Mitchell, Redden, Mara, Kuba, Kubina, Jovanovski etc.,) as UFA's and Montreal will better lineup before you know it.

Comrie is overrated and a headcase. He's the same player type than Ribs but only slightly better. So that would have been a useless trade.

Still, Slightly better than Ribs this year, is alot better than ZED this year... and 22g/26a for 48 points compared to Zed's 23... and Comrie was able to get 48 points with an undertalented (IMO) Pheonix Coyotes... whatever... and at 25 years old, can replace Ribs... Ribs can go play with his friend Dagenais in the Bulldogs pressbox