Petition To The Cbc

NastyNewfy

Go to the Mtl. Gazette site and check out today's Aislin cartoon. It speaks volumes.

give us links

QUOTE-CLONE

Similarly, when the Leafs honor some of their greatest players, I don't really care either. Besides, Radio-Canada was already broadcasting the ceremony throughout Canada; every Canadian who wanted to watch it could.

Like DOMI'S 1000th game.

Over the past number of years the CBC has basically turned into the Toronto Broadcasting Corporation. Saturday night's failure to cover the Boom Boom ceremony in Montreal was the final straw for me. I want to send this petition to my MP to see if we can change the philosophy of the CBC...please join me.

So what exactly do you want?

Habs games on Saturday night......??????

Get Center Ice and you don't have to worry about any of this.

I agree, CBC is very biased. I guess I can't complain too much about habs coverage since I get every game on RDS, but here is a stupid thing about CBC. When they scheduled to have a Senators game on an Ottawa CBC station, they ended up changing it to the leafs. This is ridiculous for Senators fans who deserve to get to see their team play (not that I am pro Senators, they were the worst sports when they faced the habs). Though I did notice that they decided to show a Montreal game on Montreal CBC this Saturday (I believe).

Another thing is that they showed that who 1000 game for Domi, which was a joke all together because he isn't even a good player. Boom Boom accomplished way more in his career.

Anyway I sign.

Edited by GoHabsGo_24cups

.... I know, it's the not the same since RDS is not a public service like CBC, but the principles remain the same.

No, they don't. That is the point of having a public broadcaster that is subsidized by Canadian tax dollars. The decision by the morons in charge of the CBC to marginalize the Habs is shameful

No, they don't. That is the point of having a public broadcaster that is subsidized by Canadian tax dollars. The decision by the morons in charge of the CBC to marginalize the Habs is shameful

Don Cherry butt kissers decided that Domi's 1000th was more important than Boom Boom's ceremony... can anyone smell Bullshit? of course The Boomer was a "French Canadian Pissou" and Domi is a great English Canadian... get my drift?

Don Cherry butt kissers decided that Domi's 1000th was more important than Boom Boom's ceremony... can anyone smell Bullshit? of course The Boomer was a "French Canadian Pissou" and Domi is a great English Canadian... get my drift?

Isn't he a great Albanian Canadian......lol

On March 10, 2006, Domi was a healthy scratch for the Maple Leafs game versus the New York Islanders. It was the first time since the 1999 playoffs that Tie has been made a healthy scratch by coach Pat Quinn.

only a few days after his 1000th game... what a great player... :puke:

Well, CBC was broadcasting the Leafs game (as usual) the night of the Domi ceremony, so they didn't have much a choice to broadcast his ceremony as well; it was part of the show. As for the Boom Boom ceremony, they were again broadcasting the Leafs game, which started at 7pm, not nearly 8pm.

In theory, CBC and Radio-Canada should be working together for the same purpose: offering free Canadian culture-related programming for all Canadians. So, if Radio-Canada was already broadcasting the ceremony, wouldn't it just be redundant to also broadcast it on CBC? Still in theory, wasn't it better this way for all Canadians; those who wanted to watch the Leafs game could, and those who wanted to watch the Boom Boom special presentation also could. That's great, no?

Finally, we're complaining about CBC, but Radio-Canada isn't any better. They did a special one-night broadcast for Boom Boom, which is great, but do think they would do the same if the Leafs or any other Canadian team honored one of greatest players in history? I don't think so...

Edited by CerebusClone