Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Caps | 03/20/06

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifcapitals_logo.jpg

montreal50.gif31-26-9 : 71 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

capitols50.gif22-36-8 : 52 Points (14th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (11-7-4), 2.24 GAA montreal50.gif

capitols50.gif# 37 Olaf Kolzig (17-25-8), 3.55 GAA0804.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Capitals Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Zednik - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Plekanec - Bonk

Begin - Murray - Downey

d.jpg

Souray - Rivet

Streit - Komisarek

Simpson - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 19th, 2005:capitols50.gif5 montreal50.gif1

Dec. 23rd, 2005:montreal50.gif2 capitols50.gif4

4648_1.jpg

SourayfightWash1.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:

l_RDS.gif & CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need our big line to start finishing plays, they are doing everything but scoring, and obviously Huet needs to continue to play over his head. If he can stay hot we will be in fine shape to make the playoffs.

That's true, but I don't think there is any doubt now about who will be starting against Washington. Gainey would get stoned if he threw Aebischer back in there.

Can't wait to see how Ovechkin lights these guys up!!!! THe Habs are in real danger of throwing the whole season away in the next few days here. They have 5 games in 7 nights coming up. All against beatable opponets. Washington, The Islanders, Toronto twice and Pittsburgh again. Better ######in sort themselve out or it'll litterally be over in a week. Most likely though this ######ing bunch of ###### will win enough, like 3 games, just to keep alive and give us hope.

Can't wait to see how Ovechkin lights these guys up!!!! THe Habs are in real danger of throwing the whole season away in the next few days here. They have 5 games in 7 nights coming up. All against beatable opponets. Washington, The Islanders, Toronto twice and Pittsburgh again. Better ######in sort themselve out or it'll litterally be over in a week. Most likely though this ######ing bunch of ###### will win enough, like 3 games, just to keep alive and give us hope.

There's some positive thinking for you...

I think a simple Go Habs Go can suffice.

HUET HUET HUET HUET

Let's resign him now, that we knwo the market as Tim Thomas got 3 years averaging 1.1 Million. I think that's fair for Huet, c'mon BG get it done.

YEah I think we're all scared right about now.....

I still remember that Caps game a couple of months ago. Brrr, what a first period..

Huge game. We need this W.

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I still remember that Caps game a couple of months ago. Brrr, what a first period..

so do I...I was there...it was just a big joke as far as i'm concerned.

I'm sure we'll win tomorrows game but the way we play, It'll be difficult

Hope that Franky B is alright...the guty played a great game before being injured

That's true, but I don't think there is any doubt now about who will be starting against Washington. Gainey would get stoned if he threw Aebischer back in there.

For some reason it wouldn't surprize me one bit if Gainey came right back with little Jose.....Sometimes I really wonder if hes the right guy to lead this team....I mean, I know that he was a great player in his day and he won a cup as the GM of Dallas but sometimes when you have something special and you lose it..you never seem to get it back......I'm really starting to question Gainey big time.

Edited by Spider-Man NL

I think alot of us have been wondering that for sometime now....

I don't wanna rush to any judgements on his GM moves yet, but its hard to be happy with whats on the ice right now.

As for a coach, well there is a reason that he is like 15 to 20 games under .500 as a coach. Its because he's not very good. Hopefully Carbonneau will be better. BUt I'm thinking I'd rather have an experienced coach behind the bench for this young team

Edited by kaos

Yeah not sure what Gainey was thinking either.

Most people on this forum seemed rather pleased that Hainsey was claimed by Columbus, didn't think he'd pan out and that Streit would be better in the long run. Maybe we won't know for a few years, but right now I'd say Columbus is the clear cut winner, and I'd have to believe that Streit won't be in a Canadiens uniform next year.

This was a big mistake.

THe Garon/Huet Bonk deal doesn't seem a whole lot better. Yes it would be a disaster without Huet, but what happens this summer? Its going to get mess with Aebischer, Huet and Danis all looking for contracts and playing time and only 2 positions available with the Habs. Danis cannot go back to Hamilton. Thats unnacceptable...

Apparently Habs can't beat the worst teams in the league.

I wonder when it will occur to the players, "Holy shit! We're a much better team than these guys!"

Thank god we don't play St Louis, Chicago, or Columbus.

The goalie situation will most likely come to a head this off season, and I'm really doubting that BG will make the right move. Danis needs to stay in Montreal, that is a no-brainer, however what to do with the other two? I know Huet is hot right now but he is NOT a number 1 goalie, he's not a young guy that is just popping into the league, he has been around for awhile and is just overachieving at the moment, he will come back down to earth and when he does I hope we are not going to be in too deep with him, on the other hand if he does finish this year strong and have a good playoff run (6 or 7 games into the 1st round), do we trade Aebischer who is a proven goalie in this league. On top of all this we have to take into account salaries......it would be so much simpler if we could just land Luongo!

@C-Love:

The point is that we don't want a Luongo. We want a tandem of two goalies who are average starters. About the argument that Aebischer is proven and Huet isn't well Aebischer only has 1 average season as an NHL starter and Huet has half an amazing one. That's pretty similar. Having a Huet/Danis tandem next year wouldn't be bad at all. Especially if we get something for Aebischer.

@C-Love:

The point is that we don't want a Luongo. We want a tandem of two goalies who are average starters. About the argument that Aebischer is proven and Huet isn't well Aebischer only has 1 average season as an NHL starter and Huet has half an amazing one. That's pretty similar. Having a Huet/Danis tandem next year wouldn't be bad at all. Especially if we get something for Aebischer.

No we don't want two average starters. We want a #1 goalie. That what is needed to win.

Everybody says how successfull Minnesota is because the HAD Roloson and Fernandez...how are they making out? Yeah thats right...no playoffs for them.

But of course there is no #1 goalie in Montreal right now.

But I agree with getting rid of Aebischer. But what is he worth in return?

:lol::lol::lol:

Post of the year! And pretty much sadly accurate.

They'll limp into the playoffs, you know. And look really shitty doing it :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Post of the year! And pretty much sadly accurate.

They'll limp into the playoffs, you know. And look really shitty doing it :P

YEah I am afraid you are right. It could get very ugly against Ottawa or Carolina...

At first I was thinking that we had an easy rest of the month. After last nights game, no, we don't have any easy remainder of the month.

Capitals have taken us to school this year so far and so has Pittsburgh. I hope the Habs get their freaking heads screwed on and start playing like the playoff team they can be. Every game from now until the end of this season is no night off.