Huet Is Slipping Off His Cloud

C-Love

Kinda hard to WIN the game with ONLY 1 GOAL! 1 of the NYI's goals was off Souray's stick [where it shouldn't have been. reaching OVER in front of Rivest to tip the puck].......

Yes Markov was still missing, but watching the game so were RYDER, KOVALEV, KOVIU, RIBERIO.........our "scorers" took the night off as well.

Bonk had a good chance in the slot, and couldn't bury it........[he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat in the middle of a lake]. Begin was in there crashing causing the Islander's D to cough the puck up, but saw limited ice (from what I could see)

Passes were OFF all night, looks like were all on different pages out there.....OR trying for 1 more pass to make the highlight reel SHOOT THE PUCK, especially on the PP.

As umpalumpa55 said:

GO WOLVES GO! HOWL PROUD! WOLVES IN 6

Komisarek's potential, I think, is as a bone-crushing shut-down defenceman, not any kind of powerplay QB or rush-starter. So even if he develops as he ought, we'd still need someone else to manage the whole ice in the way Markov does...look for Bob to go hard for Redden or any other strong UFA defencemen in the summer. (Chara!! A habs!!! What a great thought, however unlikely).

Komisarek's potential, I think, is as a bone-crushing shut-down defenceman, not any kind of powerplay QB or rush-starter.

A rush-skater no, but a power-play QB perhaps. He's smart, can make good passes in the offensice zone, and has a good shoot that he almost always keeps low and to the net. I think he has the potential to do at least as well as Rivet andf Souray on the powerplay. In addition to his bone-crushing defense, I think he's also capable to get 30-35 points a season... that's if he plays like he did against Washington, and not like he has since he started in the NHL.

Big defensemen often take more time to get their offensive game going. There are exceptions, like Phaneuf, but he's a truly remarkable player.

umm... why do people insist on making these threads?

HUET HUET HUET HUET HUET!

Let's give our hero some support!

:hlogo:

umm... why do people insist on making these threads?

HUET HUET HUET HUET HUET!

Let's give our hero some support!

:hlogo:

Yeah, the guy deserves the key to the city becasue without him there would truly be no chance.

I'm still feeling sombre and depressed. :(

A rush-skater no, but a power-play QB perhaps. He's smart, can make good passes in the offensice zone, and has a good shoot that he almost always keeps low and to the net. I think he has the potential to do at least as well as Rivet andf Souray on the powerplay. In addition to his bone-crushing defense, I think he's also capable to get 30-35 points a season... that's if he plays like he did against Washington, and not like he has since he started in the NHL.

I hope you're right...but when a guy gets 3 points in 60 games while taking a fairly regular shift, it's hard to think he's got a significant offensive upside.

Let's be realistic. Huet is playing well but he's never been close to this good in his career. Aebischer has had 1 good season as a #1. This year Huet has been playing very well and Aebischer started off bad but has been playing very well in the past couple of months. And then Aebischer had 2 bad starts in Montreal. The facts show that Aebischer would be the better goalie. It's true that we're in the hunt because of Huet but the hunt isn't enough. The way things are going, we won't make the playoffs. Trying out Aebischer a few more times can't do any wrong. I'm sure many people calling Huet God and Aebischer crap have never in their lives seen Huet play before he came to Montreal (me included) and never in their lives seen Aebischer play before he came to Montreal. To judge Aebischer after 2 games is crazy. Only a few weeks ago the Swiss beat the Czechs and it was 100% because of him. We got a second goalie capable of starting because we want a second goalie to start. Starting Huet every game isn't the way to go.

Now, let's feel priviledged that we have not one, but TWO good goalies and that the bets is yet to come. :hlogo:

Maybe but how about we just watch it for awhile and see where it goes?

It is a point that LA didn't consider Huet a #1 and wanted our backup Garon over him. But when you look at the stats this year you can't say Huet is bad, he's obviously good, maybe great, maybe just what we need. He has four shutouts in not a lot of games, a great save %, his puck handling is way better than Théo's, he costs like one-tenth as much.

He's not Brodeur, but even Marty has an off night now and then. Huet has not cost us a game and he has won us a few, so let's support the guy!

I am supporting.........I think Huet is great....We are lucky to have stole such a late bloomer. I just can't beleive this thread has been started .

In no way was that Huet' fault, he was great. The team in front needs to learn how to score more then 1 goal a game...

Off night now and then , of course, only thing is. It wasn't an off night for Huet. In an old thread about something else I said that a certain person would start a "What's wrong with Huet thread " if he didn't get a shut-out the following night.

I was joking, and now look here it is... What a joke!!!!!!

See ya

I think everyone admits that over the last 20 games he's been this teams MVP. He's been mostly outstanding, only allowed a few bad goals, and if Montreal's offence wasn't so bad, they'd probably be in 5 or 6th spot atleast in the standings.

So its pretty easy to see the area that MOntreal needs to address in the offseason. An upgrade on defence wouldn't hurt either