Emelin In Serious Trouble

JMMR

http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&s...=sl_news&id=480

This is not good. I hope for both players that Varlamov is ok.

and update from another source.

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/index.php?id=2671

Which is it? A punch? Or a stick? Two very different stories. If it was a punch, that's hockey, and it looks like we have a tough kid coming our way......if it was a stick swinging thing........well that will really suck for everyone.

Either way I hope Varlamov will be o.k too.....

Remember this?

Has anyone's opinion of this hit changed? Back then, people said they were happy to have a guy with a mean streak in the system. People disagreed with me that he looked very dirty on the hit. Based on the latest report, I'd say that most people will now agree with me that the kid plays the game dirty.

Ok well I have read a bunch of different info on this. But in conclusion I believe it more of a butt end / punch so it will be interesting to see what his punishment is.

In no way is Emelin justified in what he did, but as a player you should know to never go to an opponet when he's just been possibly injured. I've seen it enough times, where a guy is injured, maybe only slightly and he's pretty upset because he doesn't exactly understand what just happened, or could be dazed/confused or scared if the injury is potentially career ending. All the sudden theres a guy with a different uniform standing infront/or over him and he lashes out.

Emelin is absolutley wrong for what he did, but Varlamov should have let Emelin teammates or coaches take care of him. Apologize later when things have settled down.

Get better soon Varlamov

It's disappointing that this event cannot be covered by the Russian Hockey Prospects website in a consistent manner. There's a huge difference if a player is hit with a fist or a stick.

The article says in the first that he swung the stick at his neck and at the end says that Emelin punched him in the face with the end of his stick shaft.... either way it was only a concussion, no neck damage.

Info out of Russia has always been difficult to obtain must be something with the translation I guess. Either way I've followed our Russian prospects for the past few years, so this doesn't surprise me. I have looked into it a bit and from the video, Emelin was laying on the ice (don't know why) the play was whistled but a second or two later the guy takes a shot from the point and it hits Emelin in the head. He gets up and is not too happy, so when everyone comes together, he takes a PUNCH at Varlamov while still holding his stick in his hand. So it's possible that the end of the stick hit him, or it was just his glove. He did punch him hard and the guy likely wasn't expecting it.

The latest report is that Varlamov does not have a neck injury but he did suffer a bad concussion. If I hear any more I'll post it.

Found a video.

Looks like a cross check/punch to me.

Anyone have any info on Varlamov's status or any suspension to Emlin?

http://rapidshare.de/files/16258552/2006.0...emelin.avi.html

Emelin got 5 games. His team lost today, so they are now down 2-1 to perhaps the top team in the RSL, so they likely won't even last 5 games.

Varlamov does not have a neck injury, only a bad concussion.

Damn...I'm sick of our prospects doing stupid things like this. I don't want our team to become another Leafs in the nhl.

The guy just got nailed in the head with a puck. I think what he did was dangerous, but I doubt that it was premeditated. In sports, with a lot of competition, and dangerous play, stupid things happen.

Perezoghin is a long way away from a Darcy Phucker.

To his defense, from the [low quality] video somebody linked on this board, I'm having a hard time understanding how the guy got a concussion. Emelin's punch didn't seem that hard, although we can guess that its his stick that got Valarmov on the chin, which might have caused the concussion. One thing is for sure, it has nothing to do with the first report which, I guess from a bad translation, was seemed to hint that Emelin took a full swing at Valarmov's neck.

Another thing is for sure, I can't wait to see this guy at a Montreal training camp. This guy is going to do a lot of stupid things early in his career, until he gains some maturity, but he will be exciting to watch... Emelin, O'Byrne, and Komisarek could be a punishing trio of defensemen in the next few years :D

The guy just got nailed in the head with a puck. I think what he did was dangerous, but I doubt that it was premeditated. In sports, with a lot of competition, and dangerous play, stupid things happen.

Perezoghin is a long way away from a Darcy Phucker.

Darcy Tucker was a Habs prospect and played a year or so with Montreal. :lol:

when they drafted emelin, they compared him to kasparitis

I can see why now :lol:

I'd rather have that guy on my side than on the opposing team