Game Thread | Islanders Vs. Canadiens | 03/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huet now increases his league lead in svg to .930...

Huet is now down to a 2.14 GAA, second only toHasek...

Huet has 6 shutouts, second only to Kiprusoff who has 8 in more than twice as many games...

so Huet is now by basically all measurements the top active goaltender in the league.

more stats:

Chris Higgins is now #8 in rookie goal scoring.

I just came back from the bar and I've been smiling since i left.

I'm so pumped. Huet is freaking awesome. I love this quote too.

Huet when talking about Komisarek coming to his defence.

"It was nice," he said, before adding with a grin "but he probably should have stopped after a few punches, maybe."

HAHA....The guy is just amazing.

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

Keep it up WOOOOO

unfortunatly, I didn't see the game. I just hope they'll be as good on saturday since I'm going to the game.

GHG

"Maybe for you guys it’s a fairy tale. I’m just trying to get my team into the playoffs.”

-Cristobal Huet

Gotta love him.

haha, that guys is just awesome!

José who???

1. Dominik Hasek, OTT 2.09

2. Cristowall Huet, MON 2.14

3. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR 2.17

4. Manny Legace, DET 2.17

5. Miikka Kiprusoff, CGY 2.20

1. Cristowall Huet, MON .930

2. Dominik Hasek, OTT .925

3. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR .924

4. Tim Thomas, BOS .923

5. Tomas Vokoun, NSH .919

Let's hope he can carry us through the playoffs just as good..!

Edited by DJ_Laszlo

just got back from my (SUCCESSFUL) oral arguments

HELL YA HABS!!!

Longest win streak since November 8th!

LOL sounds like me, talking to Bruins fans here in Boston :king:

I think Montreal plated well. I just think the defence are giving the other teams to many shots and give aways. I didn't see the gave but looked at the highlights.

THank god for Huet, the Habs didn't play very well defensively. Could you imagine what might have happened had Aebischer played?

This just reinforces the fact that Montreal needs to go out and get a top 4 defenseman or two in the offseason to shore up this defense.

I feel I've seen for the first time why Montreal might need goon. NOt because we were phyiscally outplayed, but simply because we lost Komisarek for the game. I realize there was no chance he would have been on the ice at that particular moment, but losing Komisarek for 2+ periods hurts. Especially with Bouillon already out and Markov and Rivet ailing.

Well just finished reading the entire thread. Let me say the Bell Centre was electric last night when the Huet was announced as the starting goalie and after each of his 10+ spectacular saves.

Bonk did not only score again tonight but he shut down Yashin all night long. He is a horse on the PK. This guy could be the difference maker come playoff time.

On my drive home people were calling for Zednik's head, and although he did not play great in the offensive zone he was great in his own zone. On countless occasions he was able to prevent an Islanders defender from holding onto the puck at the blue line and with a little luck he could have had five or six breakaways.

I just wanted to comment on the absolute fabulous play of the Bonk-Bégin-Murray line. Not only are they shutting down the other team's top line, but they are contributing offensively as well. In the last 5 mins of the game they totally dominated and kept the puck in the Iles zone. Bégin had 2 glorious chances in front of the net but got robbed both times by Dipietro. Wish he could have buried one cause he deserved it.

Either way, if I was Gainey, I'd keep this line together and keep giving them plenty of ice time cause they are playing awesome right now!

Just watched the clip of Komisarek raping Godard... I think Komi shouldve taken it a bit easier there... poor Godard will get nervous everytime hes gonna play the habs from now on :P

I just wanted to comment on the absolute fabulous play of the Bonk-Bégin-Murray line. Not only are they shutting down the other team's top line, but they are contributing offensively as well. In the last 5 mins of the game they totally dominated and kept the puck in the Iles zone. Bégin had 2 glorious chances in front of the net but got robbed both times by Dipietro. Wish he could have buried one cause he deserved it.

Either way, if I was Gainey, I'd keep this line together and keep giving them plenty of ice time cause they are playing awesome right now!

Begin and Bonk play as much with Murray on that line as they do with Kovalev or Zednik or Ryder on it.

It is mostly Begin and Bonk that have built tons of chemistry together and the fact they can throw an offensive guy out there when the dress seven defenseman.

Begin and Bonk play as much with Murray on that line as they do with Kovalev or Zednik or Ryder on it.

It is mostly Begin and Bonk that have built tons of chemistry together and the fact they can throw an offensive guy out there when the dress seven defenseman.

To go one step further, its too bad Bulis didn't have more finish with the puck. Bonk has great moves witht he puck, as he's demonstrated over the last few games, and has offensive ability. Begin is a plugger and thats it. If Bulis could only finish off his chances this would be the most effective two way line in the league. Two guys, Bonk and Bulis who could pot 20+ goals while shutting down the other teams best. Brings back memories of Carbonneau, McPhee and Skrudland, Keane, etc....

Maybe Zednik could use more time on this line to develop chemistry?

To go one step further, its too bad Bulis didn't have more finish with the puck. Bonk has great moves witht he puck, as he's demonstrated over the last few games, and has offensive ability. Begin is a plugger and thats it. If Bulis could only finish off his chances this would be the most effective two way line in the league. Two guys, Bonk and Bulis who could pot 20+ goals while shutting down the other teams best. Brings back memories of Carbonneau, McPhee and Skrudland, Keane, etc....

Maybe Zednik could use more time on this line to develop chemistry?

When 7 Dmen are dressed they double shift forwards with Begin and Bonk depending on the situation. Kovalev got a few, Ryder, Zednik.

But near the end of the game when we need stellar D Murray joins that line and they played great.

Begin adn Bonk have developped so much chemistry together on the PK and such, they are turning into a heck of a shutdown line.

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

Completely off topic

Did anyone see the story on Blake Geoffrion on Sportsnet News. Boom Boom's Grandson is elgibile for the NHL Draft this year and is rated as 45th skater in North America. He's 6'2" 200lbs. He plays for teh American Junior Development system.

- Perhaps a 3rd or 4th round pick of teh habs and this year will truly come full circle.