Game Thread | Islanders Vs. Canadiens | 03/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Markov has had a decent year but he can't be considered a Hart Trophy finalist along side Jagr, Staal or even Daniel Alfredson. Not even Lidstrom who's having another outstanding year, leading all defensmen in scoring, will be in the top three for voting.

Sorry but Markov does not qualify

Let's win this game tonight... in a short time, the schedule starts to get harder. Plus, if we creep into 6th place, then TB may get a little frantic again... and they looked bad until recently. Maybe they'll fall again with these injuries. I'll predict a 4-2 habs victory.

Only on for a minute so i'll say this quick, GOOO HABBS GOOO!!!!! :hlogo:

Official Habby prediction, Canadiens 4 Isles 2. Koivu, Higgins, Begin, Souray. Satan, Bates.

This season the Isles are 22-9-1 when they score the first goal and 11-22-4 when the opposition scores first.

Individual recognition will be gained by getting the job done as a team,

shift by shift intensity,

40 second all out effort,

team discipline in avoiding unnecessary penalties,

tight gaps front and back by working for position,

authoritative puck movement with strong play at the lines and solid puck strength low in the zone,

establish our tempo and physical presence early

Bonne chance Cristo,

Go, Habs, go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

RDS is reporting that Bulis and Sunny are out of the line-up.

This means Ribs is back and that Downey may dress.

I guess Streit's two assits kept him in the line-up, to bad for simpson.

Here's a big "KNOCK ON WOOD" that my avatar remains the same for a LONG TIME!

:hlogo:

You mean "Bonk On Wood".......... :lol:

RDS is reporting that Bulis and Sunny are out of the line-up.

This means Ribs is back and that Downey may dress.

I guess Streit's two assits kept him in the line-up, to bad for simpson.

I wonder if there is going to be any drama in the Bruin game this weekend, with Ribs back in the line-up,,,, all that Boynton spearing shit..............

Sorry, Markov has had a decent year but he can't be considered a Hart Trophy finalist along side Jagr, Staal or even Daniel Alfredson. Not even Lidstrom who's having another outstanding year, leading all defensmen in scoring, will be in the top three for voting.

Sorry but Markov does not qualify

I hope people were talking about them fighting for Habs MVP, and not league MVP. Although both Markov and Huet have made incredible contributions to this team this season, they don't have the slightest chance to even be nominated for league MVP. As for being named the Habs MVP, my vote would go to Markov, first because of the awful record of the team without him, and because nobody can score a goal when he's not playing. As for Huet, he's been great, but he's hardly played a quarter of the season. Actually, at the end of the regular season, he might not even have started 35 games... some goalies already have more wins that that!

As for league MVP, my vote would go to Joe Thornton. He has been nothing short of phenomenal with the Sharks. Before the trade, the team had nearly reached rock bottom, and everyone has already eliminated them from the playoff race. However, the Sharks have gone 28-12-6 with Thornton despite giving up their best defenseman, and one of their top wingers. Thornton has turned everything around, and many players are having career years thanks to him. The team has been climbing in the standings ever since the trade, and are now in a position to perhaps finish with the 4th or 5th best record in the conference. And now that race is more intense than ever, Thornton is a dominant force every single game, and gives his team a chance to win every night.

Of course, that's only if the Sharks make it to the playoffs (that's one intense playoff race)... otherwise I would go for Jagr. None of those Czechs would be having such a great season without "Mario Jr".

Anyone going to the game tonight. I will be outside of section 109 during the intermissions. If you want to put a face to a name. Wearing my Koivu jersey red and theo touque

the conversation was at the very least started as a habs MVP discussion...

I go Huet.... too bad that Theo screwed up so much of the season that Huet cannot be a contender for the jennings..

I will be unable to watch the game tonight... I have an oral argument to do...

so in my absence, an early

GO HABS GO

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4917

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Islanders

series2006_eng300.jpg

MONTREAL – After an exhausting week that saw the club earn eight of a possible 10 points, the Canadiens are back at it again tonight when they host the New York Islanders, in the first matchup on a four-game homestand. Sunday against the Penguins, Bob Gainey’s troops continued to climb the Eastern Conference standings ladder with their third win in the last four games, to move into a tie with New Jersey for seventh place with 79 points. The Canadiens remain just two points shy of the Lightning in sixth place.

The Islanders will hope to keep their mathematical chances at a playoff berth alive for a fourth straight season. Brad Shaw’s crew helped themselves out Saturday night as they beat the Thrashers 5-1. The Islanders, who have dropped four straight on the road, have a tough mountain to climb to reach the postseason, as they are eight points out of the final spot.

Tonight’s matchup closes out the season series between these two clubs. The Canadiens won the first two meetings while the Islanders savored their lone win just one week ago in Uniondale.

Exploding offense: The Canadiens’ offense seems to have found a stronger pulse over the last three games, scoring at least five goals in each of those outings. Montreal hasn’t had that kind of output since November 2002 when the offense tallied at least five goals against the Lightning, Capitals and Panthers, all on the road. One would have to flash back to games 63-66 of the 1992-93 campaign to find similar offensive success over four games. During the season that saw Montreal win its 24th Stanley Cup, Jacques Demers’ squad scored at least five goals in 35 games. The all-time record belongs to the 1981-82 edition of the Canadiens, who lit the lamp at least five times in a game in five straight contests, from Jan. 23 to Feb. 7, 1982.

4917_1.jpg

Allright guys - I'm off to bed. 2:30 am over here. CJAD will be on in the background....hopefully I don't get all too excited and can fall asleep in either of the intermissions - gotta get up early tomorrow :(

oh, almost forgot...

GO HABS!

Edited by DJ_Laszlo

GG Habs GO!

Scratches tonight: Bulis, Sunny, Downey

Goalies: Dipietro vs Huet

Ryder - Koivu - Higgins

Zhog - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Begin - Bonk - Murray

Plekanec - Zednik

Markov - Komisarek

Souray - Rivet