Game Thread | Washington Vs. Montreal | 03/30/06

Spider-Man NL

I think a realistic pickup this year might be Arnott and/or bring in Danny Markov. After all, the two Markov's were Russia's best 2 defencemen in Torino.

Thats what I've been saying all along, but also picking up Selanne to wing a second line with Saku... they play great together.

GO HABS GO!! :hlogo:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I've been saying all along, but also picking up Selanne to wing a second line with Saku... they play great together.

GO HABS GO!! :hlogo:

I think Gainey is going to go hard for Selanne. Knowing he has great chemistry with your captain, that is struggling because he doesn't have linemates that suit him. I will be really suprised if it doesn't happen.

For all we know before Saku signed his contract, he may have told Gainey to bring Selanne over or he would test free agency this year. Iknow, I know ....Selanne said he didn't like the weather in Montreal.....but the Olympics may have changed that, aswell as a decent hockey club in the making. Can't wait untill he scores 73 goals in a Habs jersey to break hi record.

Go Habs Go!!!!

3-0 Habs

Zednik-2

Saku -1

5-0 habs

if we had Selanne :o

Huet continues his magic........

I think Gainey is going to go hard for Selanne. Knowing he has great chemistry with your captain, that is struggling because he doesn't have linemates that suit him. I will be really suprised if it doesn't happen.

For all we know before Saku signed his contract, he may have told Gainey to bring Selanne over or he would test free agency this year. Iknow, I know ....Selanne said he didn't like the weather in Montreal.....but the Olympics may have changed that, aswell as a decent hockey club in the making. Can't wait untill he scores 73 goals in a Habs jersey to break hi record.

He would have to score 77 goals to break his record.

As for the Thrashers Bolts game let us cheer for a regultion winner, not OT, just two points.

As for the Thrashers Bolts game let us cheer for a regultion winner, not OT, just two points.

amen

GO HABS !!!

He would have to score 77 goals to break his record.

Agreed that is second most important only to us taking care of business tommorow night.

If we do that, there is a benefit to either team winning so let them go after each other, but a Montreal victory is imperative.

As for free agents, there are several attractive pieces especially imo in the second tier of Dmen. The Kubina, Kuba, Mitchell, Markov, Spacek, Kim Johnsson, Joe Corvo and Marek Zidlicky. Guys who can step into a top 4 role along with keepers, Markov, Sourray, Komisarek, Rivet.

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

Well guys Washington won 5-1 yesterday but Carolina out shot them 50-28. Johnson was clearly the first star.

And TQS is reporting that Aebi will be starting for the Canadiens, not sure how great their sources are though.

Go Habs Go. I don't think Aebischer should be getting the start. I'd rather the Habs go for the win, especially with either Tampa or Atlanta gaining two points tonight.

But hey, maybe the players light up the lamp behind Kolzig and win 8 to 5.

Go Habs Go. I don't think Aebischer should be getting the start. I'd rather the Habs go for the win, especially with either Tampa or Atlanta gaining two points tonight.

But hey, maybe the players light up the lamp behind Kolzig and win 8 to 5.

Well I don't think the Habs are not looking to lose by putting in Aebischer. This guy is bound to have a good game eventually. Lets hope tonight is the night. A good defensive effort to shut down Ovechkin should help neutralize the attack, and maybe make Aebischer's night a little easier

ATL and TB playing each other tomorrow night. I guess that means we're cheering on ATL.

Not me. The closer Atlanta is, the more susceptible the Habs are to missing the playoffs due to a late season slump.

Making the playoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Worrying about what seed we are

Go Habs!!! Go Tampa!

Well I don't think the Habs are not looking to lose by putting in Aebischer. This guy is bound to have a good game eventually. Lets hope tonight is the night. A good defensive effort to shut down Ovechkin should help neutralize the attack, and maybe make Aebischer's night a little easier

No Chance...

You do not start Aebischer after Huet gets a shutout and has had time to rest up.

NO WAY

I agree that Huet should probably get the start. But Aebischer needs to see some action as well, so I don't really have a problem with him playing tonight. Aebischer eventually has to play. In April, Montreal has about 8 games crammed into 2 weeks, so hes going to get some icetime. Between now and then he needs a game or two.

I agree that Huet should probably get the start. But Aebischer needs to see some action as well, so I don't really have a problem with him playing tonight. Aebischer eventually has to play. In April, Montreal has about 8 games crammed into 2 weeks, so hes going to get some icetime. Between now and then he needs a game or two.

We're pretty much in April now, but if he does start he should start on the road. Coming off a shutout, we saw the last time BG started Aebischer at home, he gave up an early goal and then.....

Huet is on fire, why in the world would you start Aebischer in 2 out of 3 games, it doesn't make sense. I hope BG isn't actually considering this I would start losing my confidence if he did, the wins are more important.

rds.ca says that Huet will get the start....THankfully

I want Aebischer in the net tonight.... and I want Chara as a signing this summer.... the best defenceman in the game, without a doubt! He can do it all.

These are the games they have to win... let's get it done!

.... and I want Chara as a signing this summer.... the best defenceman in the game, without a doubt! He can do it all.

YEah well I want a million dollars...lets shi...er sorry mods, I mean poo in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills first. Not gonna happen.

GO Habs. I'd like to see Rivet and Ovechkin continue there battle from last game.

I want Aebischer in the net tonight.... and I want Chara as a signing this summer.... the best defenceman in the game, without a doubt! He can do it all.

Can you imagine Chara as a habs? His stick would be taller than half the Habs! Bouillon would skate through his legs standing up! :D

Can you imagine Chara as a habs? His stick would be taller than half the Habs! Bouillon would skate through his legs standing up! :D

HA Ha-ha can see it now ...

TV commentator ... oh oh folks a turn over at the red line its a 2 on 1 against the habs .... closing on Huet .... Oops my mistake its 2 on 2 Bouillon just got his helmet free from Chara's Jackstrap.

Or they could be like some Robotics duet …With Bouillon skating with the puck beneath Chara while he swings his stick away around until they get close to scoring position... then the cube detaches like an escape pod… and shoots and scores!!

HA Ha-ha can see it now ...

TV commentator ... oh oh folks a turn over at the red line its a 2 on 1 against the habs .... closing on Huet .... Oops my mistake its 2 on 2 Bouillon just got his helmet free from Chara's Jackstrap.

Or they could be like some Robotics duet …With Bouillon skating with the puck beneath Chara while he swings his stick away around until they get close to scoring position... then the cube detaches like an escape pod… and shoots and scores!!

LMFOA!

"Bouillon detaches...and scores!!!"

This really made me chuckle. :lol:

And made me think of Chara/Bouillon as a sort of Soundwave/Lazerbeak combination for all the old-school Transformers fans out there.

In any case, I'm thinking a good decisive win for the Habs tonight!