I Feel Insulted.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=160529&hubname=nhl

Article name: Huet to decide on future after the season.

huet_77638.jpg

OF ALL THE IMAGES TSN COULD PUT IN? THEY PUT IN THE LOSS TO THE ISLES LAST WEEK? :angry:

Someone in Toronto is being a jerk!

What's the message? Huet is leaving? What a bunch a ..... :angry:

:angry:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I think Huet loves Montreal. But I could be being naïve.

Maybe he is so confident in himself to provide the Canadiens with a great playoff run that he is certain that he will command top dollar. If that is his reason for not signing then that is great.

As for the pic, are you suprised?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=160529&hubname=nhl

Article name: Huet to decide on future after the season.

huet_77638.jpg

OF ALL THE IMAGES TSN COULD PUT IN? THEY PUT IN THE LOSS TO THE ISLES LAST WEEK? :angry:

Someone in Toronto is being a jerk!

What's the message? Huet is leaving? What a bunch a ..... :angry:

:angry:

Agree with you about the poor selection of pix, but love this quote:

Huet called it ''an honour for me to play for this organization, with all the past and glory of this team.''

Good quotes from Gainey as well....thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hey if he wants top dollar he can go find it elsewhere. I imagine he'll sign a 1 year deal for somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1.3 Million. Then they'll negotiate after '06/07.

If he wants more, he can walk. Or even better deal him. Can't have guys making lofty demands after playing a 39 game season. Team MVP or not

Edited by kaos

You are 100% correct Kaos. I have suggested that he make somewhere in that neighborhood of that value, similar to Tim Thomas. I never thought of the one year deal though because I believe he will want more long term stability.

Gainey's learned his lesson with the long term goalie contracts. Look for a 1 or 2 year deal at that position. Remember we have depth at goal now with kids like Danis and further down the road Price. Anybody think Abei is in the plans ?? He's not making a strong case for himself so far and unless Huet starts to tank, i don't see him getting many opportunities to show us what he can do.

I just can't see Aebischer being in the plans. I mean Danis needs some playing time. You've got three goalies and two spots. It makes sense for one of them to go. So I'll probably be dissapointed and both will be resigned, and Danis will be back in Hamilton. Although, he is an UFA due to age and lack of NHL games.

So unless he is guarenteed NHL minutes, maybe he won't want to resign in Montreal?

I really think you'll see Huet sign a 1 year deal. It makes the most sense. Just like Ryder. Sign a one year deal and see if you can improve on the previous years totals. Then when we know your not a flash in the pan, you get the big contract.

He kind of reminds me of Kipper's run last season and could very well use that at the bargaining table. Whether Gainey wants to shell that out to him like Sutter did, I don't know.

FYI, Kipper makes 2.9 a season. After this year, I'd say he deserves it but not for last season.

I'm sure Huet will stay. He's french, so being in Montreal must be cool for him.

Also, let him experience what playoffs are here in Montreal and he will do like Kovalev, he will want to return and relive the experience.

He kind of reminds me of Kipper's run last season and could very well use that at the bargaining table. Whether Gainey wants to shell that out to him like Sutter did, I don't know.

FYI, Kipper makes 2.9 a season. After this year, I'd say he deserves it but not for last season.

Kipper went to the Cup finals, let's see where Huet brings us. If we win the Cup, I will be happy to see him earn 3M$ next year. Not ideal, very improbable, but I wouldn't mind.

I'm sure Huet will stay. He's french, so being in Montreal must be cool for him.

Also, let him experience what playoffs are here in Montreal and he will do like Kovalev, he will want to return and relive the experience.

Kipper went to the Cup finals, let's see where Huet brings us. If we win the Cup, I will be happy to see him earn 3M$ next year. Not ideal, very improbable, but I wouldn't mind.

Wouldn't mind it :o

You make it sound bad.

from what i heard / understand from huet, he is NOT planning to get back in Europe to play, which means he WANNA stay in the NHL, and i think that gainey will give him a good contract, esp. if he bring us to the playoff and win FEW rounds :P

Bah if he wins too much and doesnt produce next year we can always blame it on the media pressure and trade him for someone decent :lol:

hopefully you don't mean like abi I am truly hoping he turns it around. I think 1m-1.3 for huet is good for next year lets see what he can do. He does great we sign him for 3 mill for 4 years he does bad who cares. So far he has been fantastic but it is for a short time we can't pay him like he's the second coming of Christ sorry i meant St Patrick. We did that with Theo and look where that got us.

On the bright side. Tonight's Hockey nation pole on Tsn.ca

is Who has been the best goalie in the NHL this season

and HUet is currenlty in second behind Mikka Kipprussoff, but ahead of

Lundqvist

Hasek

Luongo

and Vokoun.

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

I really really hope that Huet can be put under contract. Depending on if we make the playoffs and what we do in them.

I see Huet looking for a 3 year deal, anything shorter will require a premium. On a 3 year deal, he'll probably be looking for a 1.5M per season. On a 1 year deal he could look at 1.5M also, which is ok by me, but i'd prefer to lock him up for 3 at that price. 1.5M for 3 years is nothing if he can keep producing and if he can't it's not so much that he can't stay as a back up.

MUST SIGN HIm. Get rid of Aebischer. HUET and Danis for the future.

GO HABS GO

GO HUET GO

Huet reminds me so much of Hackett, without the crazy headcase persona.

I remember when we got Hackett from Chicago, it was "OMG! The guy was a hidden gem!" and he played like a MVP... except Hack would ALWAYS choke.

Huet seems to be much more stable between the ears than Hackett, but I still want to see what he can do in real "do-or-die" situations.

hopefully you don't mean like abi I am truly hoping he turns it around. I think 1m-1.3 for huet is good for next year lets see what he can do. He does great we sign him for 3 mill for 4 years he does bad who cares. So far he has been fantastic but it is for a short time we can't pay him like he's the second coming of Christ sorry i meant St Patrick. We did that with Theo and look where that got us.

if you offer him 1.3 then im sure he'll get more elsewhere

and he may just sign elsewhere, the guys got a chance at making some serious cash NOW and i doubt he'd pass up the opportunity

but i guess well just have to wait and see what happens over the summer

How do you know that was a losing islander pic? I saw a few of them when he started getting all the shut-outs. I thought this is great....he's always so devastated when someone scores on him.

Don't look too far into it. This is the right thing to do money wise. The season needs to end to bargain with anyone or anything, it's just to messed up right now for both sides.

This is a great situation to be in. We have a great goaltender.

As far as Tsn goes. When Huet started doing well, they were quick to tell us he's slow moving side to side, and didn't play the puck well....bla....bla.bla........................

now he's leaving Montreal for the big contract somewhere else......

It will all get done in professional fashion with Gainey, and none of this will mean anything.....

How do you know that was a losing islander pic? I saw a few of them when he started getting all the shut-outs. I thought this is great....he's always so devastated when someone scores on him.

Don't look too far into it. This is the right thing to do money wise. The season needs to end to bargain with anyone or anything, it's just to messed up right now for both sides.

This is a great situation to be in. We have a great goaltender.

As far as Tsn goes. When Huet started doing well, they were quick to tell us he's slow moving side to side, and didn't play the puck well....bla....bla.bla........................

now he's leaving Montreal for the big contract somewhere else......

It will all get done in professional fashion with Gainey, and none of this will mean anything.....

That pic was the Toronto Sports Networks :wacko: main page (tsn.ca) right after we lost to the Isles 3-1. I visited shortly after. It annoyed me then but to use that pic after what he has recently accomplished makes me wonder what tsn is up to.

Huet will be back and we will all be happy :D :hlogo: . At worst he's a backup game stealer, and that's from the glass half empty perspective.

I submit. THE GLASS IS HALF FULL. OUR CUP RUNNETH OVER :hlogo:

Put this pic in ya scumbags...

4814_1.jpg

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

i'm sooooo eager to get all excited about the Huet 'discovery' - but there is such a danger that he is a 1/2 year wonder. offer the 1 year contract - even up to 1.5 for the season - and if he has a good year next year ... then it's time to lock him up and congratulate BG on getting an awesome 'throw-in' to the Bonk/Garon deal.

BTW - Bonk is playing real good right now - VERY nice to see.

Montreal better sign him before the free agency period starts. After that, you never know what dumb@$$ (no explictives please) team, like Toronto who'll need a goalie, might offer him.

A year contract would most definitly do. Unless he's happy with a two year deal at no more than $3 million total salary

Huet reminds me so much of Hackett, without the crazy headcase persona.

I remember when we got Hackett from Chicago, it was "OMG! The guy was a hidden gem!" and he played like a MVP... except Hack would ALWAYS choke.

Huet seems to be much more stable between the ears than Hackett, but I still want to see what he can do in real "do-or-die" situations.

I don't think Hackett choked, it was more a case of him getting hurt and Theo stealing the show.

I don't think Hackett choked, it was more a case of him getting hurt and Theo stealing the show.

Hack was a notorious choker, injuries or not. Every big game, he'd allow a couple of bad goals late in the 3rd. I will never forget the way he completely blew 2 games vs the Sabres with the season on the line in 2000 and cost the Habs a playoff spot.

Hack was a notorious choker, injuries or not. Every big game, he'd allow a couple of bad goals late in the 3rd. I will never forget the way he completely blew 2 games vs the Sabres with the season on the line in 2000 and cost the Habs a playoff spot.

You're 100% right, he never won the big games... He was a ok starter, but thats all.