I Feel Insulted.

You're 100% right, he never won the big games... He was a ok starter, but thats all.

Hehehe. Man did I blast him back then. Remember?

I just pray Huet isnt the same. I dont think he will, because unlike Hackett back then, Huet's actually the one reason why the Habs are still in the playoff picture. But the playoffs will make or break him and only then we'll be able to know what his value is.

Hehehe. Man did I blast him back then. Remember?

I just pray Huet isnt the same. I dont think he will, because unlike Hackett back then, Huet's actually the one reason why the Habs are still in the playoff picture. But the playoffs will make or break him and only then we'll be able to know what his value is.

Hackett didn't have Huet's lateral movements, or rebound control... Huet is also, the coolest goalie in the NHL, no nerves, pretty much like Brodeur. His stats over his LA career were very good too, very solid numbers... I think Huet just plays the game and has fun... and it's going to put the Habs in the playoffs.

We're lucky he turned out this way, just like the Sharks are unlucky the way Kipper turned out.

LMAO, I do remember you ripping Hackett, good old ESPN boards... With LINDEN_FAN and Justathot.... haha

that was a really good article. Thanks for the link!

After reading that, it seems to me that Gainey was fishing a little bit. His comments were saying, we want you back under the right circumstances. Huet is either a real gem of a guy or a real polotician. His comments are always upbeat but never committing.

In my eyes either Abby or Huet has to go and I hope it is Abby. (with Danis as backup next year)

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully Huet won't ask for the moon based on less than half a seasons worth of work, and hopefully they can work out a 1 year deal.

Hopefully Aebischer will be moved along and a spot made for Danis

Huet is 30. Because he isn't exactly a spring chicken his time for a big pay day is right now. I see him holding out for a multi-year deal and big, big, bucks. Because of his age his loyalty is to himself. This may be his only chance for a big contract and someone is going to give it to him.

Gainey's history suggests he will offer at least $4 million over 2 years. The reason - free agents don't think of Montreal as their first choice to sign. That's why Gainey had to overpay (slightly) for Kovalev, Koivu, Dandenault. He may even get a bigger offer from Bobsled. Even at that amount Huet still may be the biggest bargain in hockey.

Huet is 30. Because he isn't exactly a spring chicken his time for a big pay day is right now. I see him holding out for a multi-year deal and big, big, bucks. Because of his age his loyalty is to himself. This may be his only chance for a big contract and someone is going to give it to him.

Gainey's history suggests he will offer at least $4 million over 2 years. The reason - free agents don't think of Montreal as their first choice to sign. That's why Gainey had to overpay (slightly) for Kovalev, Koivu, Dandenault. He may even get a bigger offer from Bobsled. Even at that amount Huet still may be the biggest bargain in hockey.

This is exactly what happened with Theo. A great half of a season and then BOOM a massive contract. I do not think Gainey will fall for that. Huet will agree to a short term, mid to low pay or Gainey will let him go.

That is what I think.

Hey if he wants top dollar he can go find it elsewhere. I imagine he'll sign a 1 year deal for somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1.3 Million. Then they'll negotiate after '06/07.

If he wants more, he can walk. Or even better deal him. Can't have guys making lofty demands after playing a 39 game season. Team MVP or not

You wouldn't be able to deal him. ANd why would you? It would be a slap in the face and you could probably forget about any additional rounds of negotiations in the summer if you did that.

I suspect 1.5m and team option for 2.5m for a second year, cap effect: 2m.

free agents don't think of Montreal as their first choice to sign. That's why Gainey had to overpay (slightly) for Kovalev, Koivu, Dandenault. He may even get a bigger offer from Bobsled. Even at that amount Huet still may be the biggest bargain in hockey.

I don't think he overpaid for Kovy, 4.5m for the difference he makes on this team, which is a huge difference, seems right.

Koivu, overpaid by at least half a million/season, but if Gainey is trying to build a core and transition this team into consistent performer he needs some team stability, what other way then keeping the Captain around. The overpayment was role koivu's role, not him not thinking of Montreal as his first choice.

Dandy, maybe it looks like an overpayment, but at the time no. I don't believe its an overpayment. We might not like what the market is, but Dandenault brings playoff experience, and veteran presense in the locker room, he's still young and always shows up. For 1.75m a year, it's the going rate.

Edited by GoHabs2002

wanna feel a little more insulted:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news/news.asp?idNews=20562

"If you disregard talent and consistency and you're one of those who believe in a higher power, try the Montreal Canadiens. It is God's favorite team after all, although he apparently hasn't been watching intensely since 1993."

I don't think he overpaid for Kovy, 4.5m for the difference he makes on this team, which is a huge difference, seems right.

Koivu, overpaid by at least half a million/season, but if Gainey is trying to build a core and transition this team into consistent performer he needs some team stability, what other way then keeping the Captain around. The overpayment was role koivu's role, not him not thinking of Montreal as his first choice.

Dandy, maybe it looks like an overpayment, but at the time no. I don't believe its an overpayment. We might not like what the market is, but Dandenault brings playoff experience, and veteran presense in the locker room, he's still young and always shows up. For 1.75m a year, it's the going rate.

I think we might have to wait for the playoffs to see Dandenault's true effect on this team.

"If you disregard talent and consistency and you're one of those who believe in a higher power, try the Montreal Canadiens. It is God's favorite team after all, although he apparently hasn't been watching intensely since 1993."

And this is just pretty funny. Gave me a laugh

Kovalev looks like market value this season, but when he is making 4.5 million at age 36 he may not look like such a bargain.

This is exactly what happened with Theo. A great half of a season and then BOOM a massive contract. I do not think Gainey will fall for that. Huet will agree to a short term, mid to low pay or Gainey will let him go.

That is what I think.

$2 million per year for two seasons is far from massive.

Besides, what other choice do we have. Danis and Price aren't ready and Aebischer scares the heck out of me. Based on Huet's play this season $2 million per season for two seasons is a bargain even if he turns out to be the next Steve Penney.

I didn't use Theo in this analogy because a bad half season is no reason to write off his career. If he tanks next season then I'll call him a bum, but not until.

Peace.

TSN = morons.

TSN article: Hand surgery ends Allison's season. 'Unless the Toronto Maple Leafs make a late push for a playoff spot, Jason Allison's season is over'.

UNLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

What is this crap? Public relations? Wishes for more site visits or newspaper sale hopes?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=160618&hubname=nhl

What n nice pic of the widdle weaf Alyson.

allison_39660.jpg

HERE'S A FAR SUPERIOR PIC:

4814_1.jpg

:hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

yeah well 1967, that never get's old LOL