I Was Just In An Elevator With Bob Gainey

Habby1197

So, I went to get my playoff tickets today at the Centre Bell... I got 4 tickets in the Blues for the entire playoffs, and then I went to sign for my season tickets for next year. I have had 21 game packs for the past 3 years, but I have decided to take the full year.

I go upstairs to the marketing department level, and I see my friend who works there and he gets me the paper to sign, and finally I have my own season tickets, and 2006 playoff tickets, I'm thrilled. I'm about to get into the elevator and the doors open, and it's Gainey... in a track suit, I'm with my friend and we both freeze. He asks up or guys, we say down... we go in and say have a good game tonight, and he says we'll do our best, thanks guys.

Ahhh... Playoff tickets, Season tickets and an Elevator with Gainey.

I love Montreal.

Edited by Habby1197

I started a thread on this earlier I know that season ticket holders get priority on tickets for the full playoffs any chance you still have that option. I would give you the cash and you could get them for me. I really want to have the option to go to the games. Please Help HABBY 1197.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...playoff+tickets

So, I went to get my playoff tickets today at the Centre Bell... I got 4 tickets in the Blues for the entire playoffs, and then I went to sign for my season tickets for next year. I have had 21 game packs for the past 3 years, but I have decided to take the full year.

I go upstairs to the marketing department level, and I see my friend who works there and he gets me the paper to sign, and finally I have my own season tickets, and 2006 playoff tickets, I'm thrilled. I'm about to get into the elevator and the doors open, and it's Gainey... in a track suit, I'm with my friend and we both freeze. He asks up or guys, we say down... we go in and say have a good game tonight, and he says we'll do our best, thanks guys.

Ahhh... Playoff tickets, Season tickets and an Elevator with Gainey.

I love Montreal.

I hate you. (as the jokingly saying goes) :P

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I started a thread on this earlier I know that season ticket holders get priority on tickets for the full playoffs any chance you still have that option. I would give you the cash and you could get them for me. I really want to have the option to go to the games. Please Help HABBY 1197.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...playoff+tickets

Hey, I'm not sure I can be much help... It's max 4 tickets per person... There is a presale Sunday, try going to the centre bell because there is 100$ of extra costs buying online.

Got mine! Blues, centre ice penalty box side (Row A!). Throughout the playoffs. Feels great.

Oh yeah, for those of you who want the access code. I've got bad news, it only works once.

If I go to the Bell Centre sunday, will I be able to buy tickets if I am not a season ticket holder???

You would need to know someone that has tickets or, ask someone online going Sunday that is only buying 2 if they would take 4.

Its 4 max per person.

I believe the pre-sale on sunday is only for people who bought package deals...

I have bought a 10 game package and I'll be there to get my playoff tickets on sunday morning!

Anyway you are only buying 2 tickets I would love to buy the other 2 please help a fellow habs fan out.

Anyway you are only buying 2 tickets I would love to buy the other 2 please help a fellow habs fan out.

The only problem there is the refund, since you have to put out 1500$ for a pair of Blues, and you only get the money back 5 days after the Habs are out of the playoffs. Now if someone buys them for you and you give them 1500$ cash... you can't return them under your name. Maybe you could go with someone from HW and they could charge both your credit cards... Otherwise you get ######ed over with the returned tickets.

yes I know I am sure they would do that though some people will not be able to pay for all the tix with the same credit card.

I hope someone can give you a hand, otherwise you make sure you are online the second single tickets are available... Also, that means you won't have to put out 1500$... You may not be able to get Blues for 36$ each, but you will forsure be able to get Grey's for 45$ and Whites for 65$... Just make sure you're online with browsers open ready to hit refresh a million times.

Puck and I have gone this route before and have been successful, goodluck!

Habby ... Your meeting Gainey reminds me of 1987, when after covering the Habs for 4 years at a Mtl. radio station, I was leaving town, so I brought the 'new guy' to the Forum to show him the press lounge, route to the press box etc. He was from Toronto, but a lifelong Habs fan who had never been to the Forum, let alone meet a habs in person. In the press lounge, I left him at a table while I went to get us a couple of beers at the counter. I turned around and saw that 3 guys had taken seats at the table -- Beliveau, Henri Richard and (I think) Cournoyer. I thought the new guy would pass out when Believeau reached out his hand and said "hello young fellow, I don't think we've met. I'm Jean Believeau." Honestly, the new guy could not remember his own name as his eyes bulged and his face turned crimson red. He then spent the rest of the night grinning and staring into space. It was priceless.

Habby ... Your meeting Gainey reminds me of 1987, when after covering the Habs for 4 years at a Mtl. radio station, I was leaving town, so I brought the 'new guy' to the Forum to show him the press lounge, route to the press box etc. He was from Toronto, but a lifelong Habs fan who had never been to the Forum, let alone meet a habs in person. In the press lounge, I left him at a table while I went to get us a couple of beers at the counter. I turned around and saw that 3 guys had taken seats at the table -- Beliveau, Henri Richard and (I think) Cournoyer. I thought the new guy would pass out when Believeau reached out his hand and said "hello young fellow, I don't think we've met. I'm Jean Believeau." Honestly, the new guy could not remember his own name as his eyes bulged and his face turned crimson red. He then spent the rest of the night grinning and staring into space. It was priceless.

This kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and a bunch of Hockey Old Timers were doing a cross country tour and they stopped in Port Colborne. My stepfather got my brother and i access to the dressing room before the game and I got to meet Maurice Richard (who reffed the game) Eddy Shack, Frank Mahovlich, Norm Ullman and some others. Unfortunatley I was so young, around 10 or so that I never really understood what a signifcant moment that was. Unfortunatley the photo's I have are blurry, but the autographed Calender I have signed hangs in my hockey room.

That is great the Rocket was amazing, once when I was little I met him in an elevator in Montreal at a hotel. He was wearing his cup ring and although he was old and busy he took time to sign a few autographs for me. Wow did he ever have a beautiful signature, loved the way he circled that number nine.

Edited by JMMR

That is great the Rocket was amazing, once when I was little I met him in an elevator in Montreal at a hotel. He was wearing his cup ring and although he was old and busy he took time to sign a few autographs for me. Wow did he ever have a beautiful signature, loved the way he circled that number nine.

Yeah oddly enough when he signed the calender he never had the circled 9 on it. Just his signature.

Those old greats are amazing in the time they'll take to talk to a person.

Former Maple Leaf great Tedder Kennedy lives here in Port, and my stepfather again (his mom worked for the Kennedy's) took me over to meet him. He stopped whatever it was he was doing, talked for like 15 mins, gave me all kinds of souvieners, autographed pics and pucks, and even two free passes to the hall of fame, ( he had like a stack of them, must be for being a member). Just a great person. Too bad more of today's athletes arn't like that

One of the biggest thrills in my life was the half hour I spent talking one-on-one with the Rocket at the Long Beach Convention Center about 2 years before he passed away. He was there to do a card show signing at 2pm Saturday afternoon but he arrived at noon and had time to kill.....what a gentleman! I tried to speak in French to him to make him feel at home, but seeing how I was struggling, he kept replying in English....... I was so awestruck that the whole conversation was a blur....I remember him actually asking me what part of Montreal I grew up in and then saying he didn't live too far away in Ahuntsic (sp?)....When he had to go he was gracious enough to give me an autograph on this poster I bought at the show (so I didn't have to wait in line or even pay for it like I was planning to do) :) .