Canada Russia 72" Mini-series

Habsterr

updated post

for those who missed it the first time or for others who want to watch it again

"CANADA :can: -RUSSIA 72" mini-series to be re-broadcast.

*September 27-28, 2006 at 8:00 pm EST on CBC

"Canada Russia 72" mini-series willl be on this Sunday and Monday (April 9,10) from 8-10 P.M.

"Canada-Russia '72 is one of the great triumphs in Canadian television".

Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...;StarSource=RSS

Hope all you hockey fans tune in.

Edited by Habsterr

• 2 weeks later...

Vancouver has had a lot of negative press since the show, and it is not deserved at all! there was no booing at the start of the game, it was all during and at the end! plus, the team was playing like crap, and this provided a wake up call especially to ESPO, who wont admit it.

Other than that it was GREAT! though did anyone else notice the ads on the russian boards? CATELLI, CCM... :D

• 4 months later...
"CANADA-RUSSIA 72" SERIES TO BE RE-BROADCAST

Thank you...

May I ask you to remind us a few days before? :?-

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• 3 weeks later...

You can also pre-order the DVD from Amazon.ca. Available this October, it should be better than the broadcast version as it has extra scenes and less time constraints...also more swearing I would guess. :o

http://www.amazon.ca/Canada-Russia-72/dp/B...6420055?ie=UTF8

Edited by Habsterr

Some DVD details

Set contains 3 discs. Both the CBC broadcast version (184 min.) and the Uncut version (193 min.) are included.

DVD FEATURES (Subject to Change)

Beauty Collectible packaging, eh? - collectible

Steelbook™ DVD case.

Cast, Crew and Special Guest Commentaries (including Alan Eagleson & Harry Sinden)

5.1 Dolby Digital

Bloopers and Outtakes

Auditions and Tryouts

Making of Featurette

Some DVD details

Set contains 3 discs. Both the CBC broadcast version (184 min.) and the Uncut version (193 min.) are included.

DVD FEATURES (Subject to Change)

Beauty Collectible packaging, eh? - collectible

Steelbook™ DVD case.

Cast, Crew and Special Guest Commentaries (including Alan Eagleson & Harry Sinden)

5.1 Dolby Digital

Bloopers and Outtakes

Auditions and Tryouts

Making of Featurette

Know if there is any region coding?

(excellent 72 series website by the way!)

I see you are in Japan and yes, that is one of the countries mentioned for distribution. When and how I am not sure. Let us know what you find out though.

Here is the link to the company distributing it in Canada. Maybe an email to them might get you more info.

http://www.maplepictures.com/catalogue_det...=940&MODE=0

Best of luck

Hi (hey are you by any chance the previous HWL Edm GM??? I have added Jagr :P , we are going to win the Conference this season!)

So I checked and it should be alright anyway I pre-ordered (and added a Trailer Park Boys DVD while I was at it), thanks for the heads up very much looking forward to this!!!

Hi (hey are you by any chance the previous HWL Edm GM??? I have added Jagr :P , we are going to win the Conference this season!)

So I checked and it should be alright anyway I pre-ordered (and added a Trailer Park Boys DVD while I was at it), thanks for the heads up very much looking forward to this!!!

Very cool! Enjoy!

BTW, I saw the TPB movie (sneak preview at the Tor Film Fest) and it is funny as heck.

Glad I could help. :)

oh yeah, I am not that HWL guy.

Hate to go off-topic, but does anyone know if/when the film "The Rocket" will be released in English Canada? I've been waiting for months, but no luck so far.

I thought it was already out? Probably time it with the season start. Also the new Trailer Park Boys Movie I just saw the trailer hehehe got to see that.

updated post

"Canada Russia 72" mini-series willl be on this Sunday and Monday (April 9,10) from 8-10 P.M.

"Canada-Russia '72 is one of the great triumphs in Canadian television".

Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...;StarSource=RSS

Hope all you hockey fans tune in.

Thanks... I'll try to catch that.

It'll give me another chance to BOOO Bobby Clarke. :blink::blink:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa-hoo! Got the DVDs today what a fuggin' treat!!! (had to hack my Japanese player cos they are region coded, didn't expect that but anyway...). A great flashback to the series, expertly done integration of archival footage with the new stuff they shot, really enjoying this (paused it because I want to savor the experience!).

Highly recommend for posters who are young or just getting into hockey. this really captures the atmosphere and emotion of what was arguably the greatest hockey series ever!

Whoa-hoo! Got the DVDs today what a fuggin' treat!!! (had to hack my Japanese player cos they are region coded, didn't expect that but anyway...). A great flashback to the series, expertly done integration of archival footage with the new stuff they shot, really enjoying this (paused it because I want to savor the experience!).

Highly recommend for posters who are young or just getting into hockey. this really captures the atmosphere and emotion of what was arguably the greatest hockey series ever!

So glad you got it!

Did you watch the CBC or the newer un-cut version? Personally, I think the un-cut version is grittier, funnier and just plain better.

So glad you got it!

Did you watch the CBC or the newer un-cut version? Personally, I think the un-cut version is grittier, funnier and just plain better.

The uncut. Yeah had some real good moments, quite a bit of fun will pass it round to some Canadians here.