"emergency" Game Thread /montréal @ Ottawa/ 06-04-2006

mathieu30

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.417 for Montreal to make the playoffs. That's all they have to do. .417 is based on Atlanta getting all remaining points.

I already said they made it after the 2nd win against the B's on Tuesday. But certain people never quite buy it until they see the "x" next to Montreal.

.417 :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Well, just got back from the game. Wow, after tonight, I'm damn proud to be a Habs fan! I'd say about a third of the arena was bleu blanc et rouge. Had the olé chants going all night! What a great atmosphere! Not very hard to out-chant the sens fans though. Wow they are quiet!

Anyways, the entire lobby of Scotiabank place was booming with olé, olé, olé chants after the game it was awesome.

For any people who might be doubting that Aebi might not be getting as much support from the guys as Huet, well I noticed alot tonight that may not have made it on TV. Little things like Koivu rubbing Aebi's head after a good save, Rivet and Souray constantly tapping on his pads after plays. I mean it looks to me like they are playing hard for him too. He definitely saved the game in the first period for us tonight. Glad to see he came through.

Should be another great game on Saturday!

GO HABS GO!!

GREAT GAME! Abby played well I still dont know how that one goal ( the second i think) went in. No soft goals and a good effort maybe he is getting comfortable in Montreal. Ribs looked good Kovalev tends to hang on to the puck too long sometimes. What was that stupid dance in the middle with Downey and Norton. I dont think Downey should be jousting with the types like Norton He looks awfull mean and big to me. We could have maybe used Ivanans to tune him up. New Jersey here we come GO HABS GO

Edited by habs rule

Good win vs a good team. Builds confidence, puts some doubts in big team's mind, gives more momentum for the last stretch.

Seems like more and more chemistry's developing in the roster. That's key.

Had the olé chants going all night! What a great atmosphere! Not very hard to out-chant the sens fans though. Wow they are quiet!

haha yeah, at one moment I tought I heard them singing " Go Habs go", I was like "WTF the game is in Ottawa isnt it?" :D

We're approaching game time and have only 16 posts in here. This is oging to be a yawner. Eve rnotice how the less hype there is on the boards the worse the game turns out being. And a yawner vs Ottawa usually means getting our asses whooped.

Have not read through the thread yet, but I will say this.

WRONG

:king:

I was at the game as well, and I would say it was closer to 59% Sens fans-49% Habs fans and 2% Canes fans my friend and I saw about 5 Carolina jerseys. :wacko:

And as for the cheering you would have thought you were in the Bell Centre but the Bell Centre was only half full.

The reason Sens fans are quiet is because Ottawa is a retirement city. All around me most Sens fans had white hair and just seem to be quiet elderly people.

Regardless of the first period! In part because the Sens knew that if they wanted to win this one it meant winning it in the first period because no way did they have (including EMery) the depth the Habs had!

YEs more Depth! Because of injuries and of Rooks on the roster tonight! YES in part! But Depth was the key issue Both teams played like teams... But again I'm so F&^%$@ happy to see The Habs with Depth! now its time for them To believe in that they Can be this good and better if they Gain more confidence .. and that all four lines are a Nightmare for any team that solely has 2 top producing lines!

AHHHH NHL GHOSTS AHHH HABITANTS GHOSTS LET US STAY HEALTHY! AMEN!

Good 2 points last night. Too bad Ottawa couldn't dress their A team, no Redden or Chara, or even Hasek, but thats ok. Still a fairly strong game against the division and confrence leading Senators.

The weathered the early storm, thanks in large part to Aebischer. Hopefully he'll increase his trade stock with each game he plays, which probably won't be alot.

GO HABS GO, Habsnation should be proud