Theodore Could Start Sunday

les_glorieux

Colorado Avalanche coach Joel Quenneville told the Denver Post that that newly-acquired netminder Jose Theodore could get his first start as soon as Sunday against the Minnesota Wild.

Peter Budaj will start in Colorado on Saturday against the St. Louis Blues.

Theodore has been through a full practices with the team this week. "I think he looks good in net," Quenneville tolds the Post. "I think he's working on his timing each and every day and feels better physically, feels better in his timing and how he's moving...Sunday is a possibility."

If Theodore doesn't play, the next possibility would be the regular season's final home game against Phoenix on Tuesday. The team finishes the season at Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton.

The Avalanche traded goalie David Aebischer to Montreal for Theodore on March 8. Theodore has not played since fracturing his right heel while putting salt on the ice outside his Montreal home during the Olympic break.

yeah~

rds/ris reported that if theo really get the start this sunday, they will broadcast it at 8pm on RDS :)

but there is still contradictions : some infos reported that he is going to play, some say that he is not going to play~ *sigh***

Theo is back-up tonight, gets the start on Tuesday.

:)

I heard he's in net right now, Budaj gave some bad goals so he got yanked.

Yeah, 2 quick goals and Theo's in. He's made 5 saves so far.

Budaj has always sucked against Minnesota. I feel bad for the kid, he hasn't had a night off since Aebi was dealt. You can't do that to a rookie goalie.

3 goals on 16 shots .... pour Theo .... makes Bob look good, but I was really hoping it would be a fresh start for him. He still has time though ...

well at least... he didnt START the game tonite... so a lil bit less pressure i guess hehe~

with budaj STARTING tonite's game, the coach said they will start theo on tuesday game... but WITH what happened tonite... is that decision going to remain? ummm~

sowwie guys~ should be 3 goals on 19 shots (16 saves)

i just watched the highlights~ the crowd applaused theo when he came in the net~ then he made few goos saves, 1 post, he made 11 saves b4 giving the 3rd goal to the wild at the end of the 2nd period~

well, i think that AT LEAST he broke the ice tonite... we'll see what's going to happen next...

*sigh*

He had little to no support tonight. Those 2 goals that Budaj let in really took everyone out of the game mentally. Theo had a standing ovation when he came in. I'm not using this game to judge him and neither should anyone else. Wait till Phoenix.

Let him shake off the rust a little bit before making and judgements. As well, he didn't even get to start the game. ITs alot harder to come into a game, than to be playing from the opening faceoff.

I'll wait till next year to reserve my judgement on him. I'll betcha he comes back strong, and is in the top 5 in goaltending stats.

Let him shake off the rust a little bit before making and judgements. As well, he didn't even get to start the game. ITs alot harder to come into a game, than to be playing from the opening faceoff.

I'll wait till next year to reserve my judgement on him. I'll betcha he comes back strong, and is in the top 5 in goaltending stats.

High hopes!!!!!!!! I don't think he'll suck as bad as he did this year, But he won't be top 5. There are too many good goalies in this league....Lundqvist(sp?) , Lethinen(sp?), Kipper, These are 3 that will be stingy next year, hopefully we can add Huet to the the top 5 list. The only thing that will put wins on Theo's record will be the fact that the Avs score. All the games are going to be 5-4, 7-6, 6-5......That's just what I think.....

I won't judge him till next year either........