• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God?! Are you paying attention?

http://www.loreille.com/special3.html

I meant getting into OT.

Higgins scoring was nice...but :(

We lost. I hate it when a streak ends. It's so deflating. Same thing happened when they stormed out of the gate. When they lost that first game, I felt the same.

Don't get me wrong. 8 wins was glorious. Les Glorieux.

It's like spending 8 weeks in summer paradise and, all of a sudden it's -40 celcius. :(

Hopefully we can win the next one.

Hopefully Begin is at worst gone 2 weeks. :(

Ah man those Devils sure are frustrating to play against.. They make very few mistakes, and when they do, Brodeur is they're to correct them. Very experienced them.. they will be a force to reckon with come playoff time.. I think I fear them more than the canes even tough they are lower than them in the standings.

Very good game by the Habs tough, against almost any team that kind of effort would have gave us a win.. but o well, I guess that's Karma getting back at us for that horrible 6-5 win @ Pittsburgh.

Can't win them all!

Anybody else hate Murray Wilson on CAJD? He ripped the Habs for being disorganized on their face-off with 7 seconds left.

Then, when Koive won it right to Kovalev for a shot, he was praising the Habs for such a great play.

He's an idiot.

Hehehe yeah i heard that...

I wonder what would have happened if we didn't get hooked down with 8 seconds left. He would have been all alone in front of the net with the puck.

I hate playing the Devils, they are such a frustrating team to play against. But credit to the habs for not giving up tonight when it was 3-0. Damn Brodeur, he always brings his "A" game to Montreal, I hate it. Why cant he take a night off for a change? (I guess thats why he's the best)

Too Little Too Late is all.

Good effort in the end to try and even it up... but looks like that 2nd Gomez goal on the partial break-away ended this one really.

Oh well, just gotta pack this one up and go into the next game prepared!

8 straight Wins and Madonna playing at Montreal both happened in 93 when the Habs last won the cup... heh. Both happen this year also. And you know what they say, never 2 without a three!

Streit is a ######, stupid mistake and he should be benched. So should Ryder he's the biggest hog on the team and thinks he can score from anywhere on the ice. They should demote him 2 the 2nd or 3rd line and bring Kovi back on the 1st with Saks and Higgins. Ryder is pure shit!!! :angry:

Edited by Koivu11

great effort in the last minute or two, but aside from that, and the beginning of the game, the Habs were pretty crappy. they were lazily chasing after the puck without much effort (save for the Begin/Bonk line) for most of the game and they looked afraid of going anywhere but on the boards and even then it looked like they just gave let the NJ players take the puck away. or maybe the Devils' game made them play, or look, that way. a solid team with an awesome forecheck. Montreal looked like a bunch of disorganized amateurs who didn't feel up to playing tonight. nothing stuck.

of course, big ups to Brodeur for guarding that net.

here's hoping they can clean their slate and have clear heads for the next game. i don't mind losing a game after an 8-win streak. it's bound to happen. and i'm proud of them for those last seconds of play.

Edited by lull

Streit is a ######, stupid mistake and he should be benched. So should Ryder he's the biggest hog on the team and thinks he can score from anywhere on the ice. They should demote him 2 the 2nd or 3rd line and bring Kovi back on the 1st with Saks and Higgins. Ryder is pure shit!!! :angry:

Oh you said it..

What was Ryder thinking did he pass the puck once tonight????

BRUTAL...when you make the same move and everybody knows you're not going to pass, you will rarely score especially when you skate into 3 defenders. That was very frustrating to see tonight.

Also it took a bit long for Gainey to get Murray off the line with Ribeiro and Kovalev, as much as I like Murray that experiment didn't work, they need someone who can control the puck a bit more and feed the other guys.

Ryder was awful and made his line look bad.....Streit with a minor league giveaway a rec league giveaway that ended up costing us the game

Well theres no shame in this loss tonight. Guys played hard, Broduer played well in the first to keep New Jersey in the game in that first period. Good effort to keep fighting and comeback. New Jersey is probably the better team, but Montreal has a chance to make this up if they can keep pace, witht he last game of the year.

Go Habbers

Thank you gohabsgo252006!! It was soo frustrating watching this guy screw up!! Hopefully the coaching staff will recognize his suckiness! Pisses me off :angry: He is so predictable and all the defenceman ahve to do is go towards him and the puck because they know he wont pass. The only time he passed was on the other teams stick. REALLY FRUSTRATING WATHCING THIS TEAM TONIGHT!!(especially Ryder and Streit)

Had to end sometime.

Too bad it was against the Devils however. That loss will assure the Devils the playoff spot tiebreaker of the season series.

I guess they're just gonna have to beat them in total points.

That would seem to be the only way now.

Don't really like Carolina as a 1st round opponet, but Montreal will have to beat 'em eventually. Might as well draw em first and get it out of the way

That would seem to be the only way now.

Don't really like Carolina as a 1st round opponet, but Montreal will have to beat 'em eventually. Might as well draw em first and get it out of the way

Carolina is sucking lately, they lost again tonight.. they really took the worse time to slump

Come playoff time, I would actually prefer facing the Canes than the Devils.

Carolina is sucking lately, they lost again tonight.. they really took the worse time to slump

Come playoff time, I would actually prefer facing the Canes than the Devils.

I think the Devils might be the scariest team in the EASt with Brodeur in net and the stifling D they play.....They would scare me

I wouldn't mind the Devils, or anyone for that matter. Tonight shows nothing, except what we look like without any puck supoprt, lack of break out passes, and lack of physical game. Was there even a hit in the game? I don't remember any! We'll bounce back anyway, it had nothing to do with Brodeur.

Playoff excited!!! :hlogo:

I wouldn't mind the Devils, or anyone for that matter. Tonight shows nothing, except what we look like without any puck supoprt, lack of break out passes, and lack of physical game. Was there even a hit in the game? I don't remember any! We'll bounce back anyway, it had nothing to do with Brodeur.

Playoff excited!!! :hlogo:

It had nothing to do with Brodeur? Yeah ok buddy, guess you must have watched a different game than me.

The guy only stops 40 shots, 16 of them in the fist period. Right, Brodeur had nothing to do with it. Neither did Gionta and Gomez

Edited by kaos

Brodeur made about 4 or 5 saves last night that most goalies could never stop. The guy was stellar, freaking stellar. Their defence played that tight, bottle up the middle style that is hard to play agaist as well.

NJ was the better team, plain and simple. Habs worked hard all night but it wasn't enough. Huet was good but not incredible like Brodeur was.

We have another chance to redeem ourselves!