Please God Begin Be Alright

habsfan_69

Nope but I'm with you, I really hoppe he will be back soon

But no worries, Bégin is a real warrior and will be back as soon as he able to, even if he have to suffer to play.. and not one game later . :)

"We don’t have any details right now. It sometimes takes a couple of days before anything is known for certain. There is no sense in speculating until Steve gets an MRI done."

-Bob Gainey

“He’s a huge part of this team and it was tough for all of us to see him go down like that. Steve is like a dog. If it was up him, he would just lick his wounds and be right back on the ice with us tomorrow at practice. Steve’s a warrior and he’ll be back.”

-Aaron Downey

Here's hoping it isn't serious. He doesn't deserve anything that keeps him out for less than a minute.

Also, I'd hate to see what this team does without it's sparkplug.

Perhaps Downey can step up from his enforcer status, or step down from his natural goal scorer status, and do his best to light the fire?

My hopes are with Steve making a quick recovery, his grit will be missed in the up coming games. Maybe a chance for Chipchura? Not likely but a thought.

Wouldn't they just inject like Zednik back in the roster rather than call someone up.

They will probably call someone up to watch the games and play Zed. But he isn't a Begin type of player, actually he is the opposite. We need the grit that Begin brings to every game.

Begin carried off the ice = not good I would expect him to be out at least a month.

That said he is more important than many people believe, as mentioned before he is a spark plug for the team. This could seriously hurt the Canadiens for the remainder of the season and the playoffs.\

Did Begin not suffer a knee injury earlier this year and miss a few games?

Not to state the obvious, but you'll have to put zed/Zhog on line 2 and Murray back down to 4 with instructions to grind a la Begin. We don't have Begin type in Hamilton, do we?

Not to state the obvious, but you'll have to put zed/Zhog on line 2 and Murray back down to 4 with instructions to grind a la Begin. We don't have Begin type in Hamilton, do we?

Lapierre, Ferland and even Chipchura are options.

If Begin isn't back for Round 1 of the playoffs then we are in trouble.

Why is Aebischer starting? Why oh why? Huet needs work, he'll have played like 1 game in a week, he already looked a bit rusty last game.

I hope this is not BG's plan to shift away from Huet who has gotten us this far.

NOw on to this thread. Hopefully Begin will be back sooner rather than later, he's seeing the orthapedic doctor which in my mind isn't a good sign. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Zednik will be re-insereted according to RDS and common sense.

I think we'll see some line shuffling with that.

look for Zhogs to be moved up with Ribs and Kovy and Zed to be re-united with a line that looked decent earlier in the year with Plex and Bulis.

Murary will fall all the way to BOnk and downey.

Why is Aebischer starting? Why oh why? Huet needs work, he'll have played like 1 game in a week, he already looked a bit rusty last game.

I hope this is not BG's plan to shift away from Huet who has gotten us this far.

NOw on to this thread. Hopefully Begin will be back sooner rather than later, he's seeing the orthapedic doctor which in my mind isn't a good sign. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Zednik will be re-insereted according to RDS and common sense.

I think we'll see some line shuffling with that.

look for Zhogs to be moved up with Ribs and Kovy and Zed to be re-united with a line that looked decent earlier in the year with Plex and Bulis.

Murary will fall all the way to BOnk and downey.

my only worry is that common sense (Aebi Vs. Huet) sometimes isn't Gainey's strong suit as he fights his urges to "tinker"

I read on another forum that it was said during the bulldogs game that Lapierre was recalled, in the wake of the Begin injury.

Not sure the accuracy of the statement, but if true I assume he goes into the lineup replaceing Begin, leaving, Zednik and Sundstrom as spectators.

I doubt Lapierre goes into the starting lineup. Gainey won't put a rookie, especially with less than a years experience in the AHL into the lineup at such a crucial time. Sunstrom and Zednik will be inserted before that happens.

I think Lapierre is there just so Zeddy or Sunny don't slack off.. someone could potentially take their spot...

"C'est la première fois que je me blesse à un genou. Je ne peux pas dire si c'est sérieux. C'est peut-être une question de jours, ou ça peut être l'inverse. Il faudra voir les résultats de l'examen que j'ai passé. D'ici là, je reste positif et je garde le sourire. Je préfère adopter cette attitude. »

-Steve Begin, Presse Canadienne

"C'est la première fois que je me blesse à un genou. Je ne peux pas dire si c'est sérieux. C'est peut-être une question de jours, ou ça peut être l'inverse. Il faudra voir les résultats de l'examen que j'ai passé. D'ici là, je reste positif et je garde le sourire. Je préfère adopter cette attitude. »

-Steve Begin, Presse Canadienne

Such a trooper!

And it's really a healthy attitude to adopt... There are many studies that show faster-than-average healing/recovery strongely correlated with a positive attitude.