Habs Fans In The West

bbr93

If there are any Habs fans from western Canada here, I'm just wondering if you can get RDS out there? I'm going to be moving to Calgary in a few months and I'd like to know if you get the games or do you have to have satellite or something like that?

I live in Ottawa right now and I don't have cable, I just get the Saturday games and listen to the rest on CKAC, but obviously I won't be able to listen to them on the radio from Calgary.

Like Tony said, Bell-Vu is about all you've got.

We get the random game on the french channel (it's like, the french CBC, not RDS) on saturdays but thats about it. Not a lot of Habs hockey shown over here.

I think the only way to get RDS is satellite.

Here in Calgary you can get Shaw digital cable and get RDS.

That is what I have and I never miss a game. I even watch them play the Leafs on RDS as I'd rather watch the game on RDS and not understand the commentary than watch CBC's Leafs' Night in Canada.

K.

That is what I have and I never miss a game. I even watch them play the Leafs on RDS as I'd rather watch the game on RDS and not understand the commentary than watch CBC's Leafs' Night in Canada.

K.

You can get RDS on Digital?

I have NEVER seen it offered in any of the menus.

You can get RDS on Digital?

I have NEVER seen it offered in any of the menus.

Yup, if you have the box, you can order RDS as one of the 'a la carte' channels for - I think - $2.95 or so a month.

You can call them up or sign up for online customer care (what I did) and select the channel and in minutes if is up and running. RDS is channel 256. So, you can have RDS for the season and then unsubscribe during the off-season.

The box I have is the basic one (not HD) which I got as a Christmas present.

Hope this helps...I'll answer any more questions you may have.

K.

K.

Yes 100% on the money...Im up here in Edmonton and get RDS for $5 a month on Bell. 82 games all year NO cbc :hlogo:

uh...i'm in Quebec and watch the games on RDS with Bell ExpressVu. maybe it's not in the packages out West but, and correct me if i'm wrong -- at least saturday nights, the games are on Radio-Canada Vancouver or something like that, aren't they? at least Radio-Canada Atlantic, which is on ExpressVu. i'm pretty sure about this. i know it's on two Radio-Canada channels.