We'd Better Beat Boston Or...

jackp

There's a good chance we won't make the playoffs after all!!!

Both Atlanta and Toronto have fairly easy schedules left. They could both easily sweep. That would mean we need 3 points (tiebreakers don't favour us) to get in.

2 against Boston and we should be able to get 1 from either Buffalo or NJ over the weekend, but quite frankly, if we need 3 over the weekend, we're done...

- Jack

There's a good chance we won't make the playoffs after all!!!

Both Atlanta and Toronto have fairly easy schedules left. They could both easily sweep. That would mean we need 3 points (tiebreakers don't favour us) to get in.

2 against Boston and we should be able to get 1 from either Buffalo or NJ over the weekend, but quite frankly, if we need 3 over the weekend, we're done...

- Jack

NJ doesn't look good for us but I think we can manage a point against Buffalo. Boston had better be a guaranteed win or you might be right Jack.

I dont think there are easy games this time of year. You might look at Atlanta and say that they have a couple of easy games against Washington, but don't think for a second that the Caps arent going to play the Thrashers tough. They havent had anything to play for for a long time now, and theyd love to end the hopes of a division rival.

Plus don't forget that Tampa still had to pass us, and they have a couple games against the Canes and then the Caps.

We'll be fine guys, have a little faith :)

Holy geeze, don't everybody go and panic at once now. All the sudder we are going from 7th to missing the playoffs? Geeze, relax. Theres no guarentee that Toronto and Atlant will win there 4 games.

Montreal is still in control of its own destiney. They'll come up with a big 3 games. I'm predicting 2 wins and a shootout loss.

Holy geeze, don't everybody go and panic at once now. All the sudder we are going from 7th to missing the playoffs? Geeze, relax. Theres no guarentee that Toronto and Atlant will win there 4 games.

Montreal is still in control of its own destiney. They'll come up with a big 3 games. I'm predicting 2 wins and a shootout loss.

It's hard not to panic after how we played last night... Here's hoping your prediction is right, koas!

Jeez... Toronto has it easy? They still have to play Ottawa and Buffalo again. I don't call that easy. Havlat will be back on Saturday against them too. Ottawa's gonna romp them like they've done all year. Toronto's done.

As for Atlanta, true they might sweep their last 4, but there's no way Tampa Bay will pass us.

If we win tonight we'll be alright.

The game against Boston tonight is absolutely crucial - I said it earlier and I am still convinced of it's importance.

Lose it and they'll live to regret the two points they squandered......

Agreed - they aren't out of the woods yet, but those teams still basically need dueces across the board to overtake them. Right now I'd rather be in the Habs position than in the Leafs spot!

I'm pretty worried. What better way for a team that absolutely hates us than to deal a heavy blow to our playoff chances. You don't think they hate us? Asside from the fact that we've owned them this season, the Habs organisation is responsible for crushing their Cup hopes two of the last three years and that in turn has caused them to deal away Thornton which has put them back five more years. We gotta stick it to em early.

Well framed situation PrpHill,...and justufiably scary.....the emotionless CH we saw yesterday

couldn't be expected to clintched a win under such as tonight's circomtsances.

The team was flat last night....only our PP opportunitys could have saved us........Gainey

didn't bring in a variation within its PP players combination throughtout the game (0-6),....

I thought he was flat too.

If none of it becomes a pattern on which our lasts games will be played,....will be fine.