Giving Up or Keeping the Faith?

with the way the players played tonight i do not see the habs making it into the playoffs...obviesly the Trashers want this way more then the habs...now the trashers have two more games florida and washington ( i think) ...us we are going to see the devils on monday...and i really dont see the habs winning against them...so i would say that are destiny isint in our hands....thanks Habs for letting us down!

:angry2::angry2::angry2:

N e ways i hope im wrong

with the way the players played tonight i do not see the habs making it into the playoffs...obviesly the Trashers want this way more then the habs...now the trashers have two more games florida and washington ( i think) ...us we are going to see the devils on monday...and i really dont see the habs winning against them...so i would say that are destiny isint in our hands....thanks Habs for letting us down!

:angry2::angry2::angry2:

N e ways i hope im wrong

Your wrong.....we will beat the devils!!!! :hlogo:

The last week or so has been like watching an accident happening in slow motion. I've never seen something so miserable in all my life!

Keeping in mind that we lose all tiebreakers, here's the current situation:

Mtl - 93 points - have to play NJ

TB - 92 points - have to play WASH

ATL - 89 points - have to play WASH and FLORIDA

I can't see Tampa or Atlanta losing any of these games, can you?

Want to know what NJ's record has been in the last 10 games? 9 - 1

In the weirdest scenario I've ever seen, we're probably going to come up 1 point short. Tonight was the night we had to get that point and we didn't. I couldn't believe that short-handed goal. *2 guys* decided that they didn't have to backcheck (because it was a power-play, I guess) *in a 1 goal game.* What were they thinking?!!!!!!

I hope not... I pray not... but we're probably done...

- Jack

Come on the Habs played very well tonight.

They had more shots and more scoring chances.

ok...but whats the final score buddy??? 4-2 ...screw the chances screw the shots on goal...the important is the goals

Florida has a good chance against Atlanta and you never know when Ovechkin will take over a game and win it.

I agree that Montreal probably won't beat New Jersey, but I also think it is very possible that Atlanta or Tampa lose a game. Florida is not a bad team, and Roberto Luongo will be standing between Atlanta and the playoffs, unless of course Ovechkin ends their season first.

Have some faith, Atlanta is the one with the most pressure on them.

Florida has a good chance against Atlanta and you never know when Ovechkin will take over a game and win it.

I agree that Montreal probably won't beat New Jersey, but I also think it is very possible that Atlanta or Tampa lose a game. Florida is not a bad team, and Roberto Luongo will be standing between Atlanta and the playoffs, unless of course Ovechkin ends their season first.

Have some faith, Atlanta is the one with the most pressure on them.

I was at the game tonight, I feel pretty sick... How could Gainey not call and time out and how can he not have Kovalev on the ice with 45 seconds left? He's a joke of a coach.

Habs go into the game on Tuesday with a point.. at 0-0 they have their point, they don't even need to gain anything, they just have to not lose it.

Easy there, folks. I agree it's nerve wracking, but come on...all we need is a tie. Have faith - especially in Huet and Kovalev...

Hard to have faith when Bonehead Bob leaves Huet on the bench for the whole game, and Kovalev on the bench for too much of the game. :angry2:

This is no time for nervous breakdowns. Have a beer chill watch the monday game.....I have a good feeling all will be well for les Habitants.

Go Ovechkyn Go! I predict 4 points on monday.

That's a guy I like ... have a beer guys and watch the HABS storming into the PO's. B)

Give me a break, blaming the coach? How about blaming the players. The were dominated for 2 periods by a team playing for nothing. Rivet and Souray were pathetic once again, they have to be 2 of the most overated Dmen in the league, the appear to be pilons in the d zone. Only Gonchar may be more over rated. 5 on 5 this team can never score. It all comes down to pride and work ethic. Hopefully the capitals or panthers will do the habs a favor.

I won't speculate on the outcome of the Montreal/New Jersey game. As far as the Habs play is concerned, I'm just not thinking straight right now.

However, I do see Florida having a great chance against Atlanta on Tuesday. Florida has been very good down the stretch and it will be Atlanta's second game in as many nights.

Also,

Luongo will play outstanding because he wants Montreal to grab some playoff revenue so they can afford to pay him when he's dealt our way in the off season. (How's that for speculation). <_<

I saw two unbelievable goals in the past week. One came from Patrice Bergeron and the other from Daniel Briere a few days ago. Both of them became beautiful becaus they completely embarassed Souray on a 1-on-1. Same as the famous Spezza and Bergeron (from the 3-1 loss I think) goals. They all have SOuray getting caught out of posiiton.

But di anyone see Dany Heatley last night? On one of the Leafs' goals he went in the completely wrong direction. It was hilarious. Worst coverage I've ever seen - either that or the Leafs have found themselves quite the stickhandler.

My oh my how quickly some people jump off the bandwagon. WOW.

Montreal still controls its own destiny, and most factors are in their favour.

1)They played a very good game against Buffalo and deserved better. But they lost and I can live with that.

2) They simply need to take a point from New Jersey and they're in.

3) Atlanta has to win both games. NO easy feat when Florida has played as well as it has and looking to play the spoiler roll. As well they have to beat Washington and my vote for the Calder and HART trophies Alexander Ovechkin.

Edited by kaos

This is no time for nervous breakdowns. Have a beer chill watch the monday game.....I have a good feeling all will be well for les Habitants.

Go Ovechkyn Go! I predict 4 points on monday.

I have Centre Ice and have been watching Atlanta lately. There is NO WAY that they're going to lose any of their remaining games. Right now, they look almost as powerful as Ottawa did in the beginning of the year. (If you're looking for a miracle, there's more chance (a small one) that Washington will beat TB. TB has been up and down all year, and they just could stumble after their big win last night, although given the consequences, it's doubtful.)

The chances we have of making the playoffs equate to the chances we have of taking a point from NJ. If I had to estimate, I'd say we have about a 20% chance of making it at this point.

There is ONE silver lining: if Philly beats NJ today, then Tuesday's game will be meaningless to NJ. So we all need to root for Philly. (Although I expect NJ to win this one, unfortunately.)

- Jack

Hope for the Flyers today. If the Flyers beat New Jersey then the Devils will be stuck at 6th place regardless of what happens in Montreal. Maybe they'll rest Brodeur in that case. Hope for Philly.

Ooops, I said the same thing Jackp did. Oh well...

At least Atlanta has a back to back scenario Monday and Tuesday.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

My oh my how quickly some people jump off the bandwagon. WOW.

Montreal still controls its own destiny, and most factors are in their favour.

1)They played a very good game against Buffalo and deserved better. But they lost and I can live with that.

2) They simply need to take a point from New Jersey and they're in.

3) Atlanta has to win both games. NO easy feat when Florida has played as well as it has and looking to play the spoiler roll. As well they have to beat Washington and my vote for the Calder and HART trophies Alexander Ovechkin.

I've been warning about this scenario for the past 2 weeks, so I'm not "jumping off the bandwagon."

Washington is a bad team. Oh yeah, they can score, so Atlanta ends up beating them 6-4 or something like that.

Florida is 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. They are NOT playing that well lately.

We need to earn our own point and unfortunately, we got a brutal end of schedule. I saw danger coming over a month ago with this schedule. (So did Pat Hickey, as he mentioned the danger in an article a while back.) And just imagine if we hadn't caught a badly-slumping Ottawa team?!! (3-5-2 in last 10) We'd already be dead.

Anyway, do you really want to stumble into the playoffs? If we can't manage a damn point in 2 home games, then we shouldn't be there in any event.

- Jack

I've been warning about this scenario for the past 2 weeks, so I'm not "jumping off the bandwagon."

Washington is a bad team. Oh yeah, they can score, so Atlanta ends up beating them 6-4 or something like that.

Florida is 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. They are NOT playing that well lately.

We need to earn our own point and unfortunately, we got a brutal end of schedule. I saw danger coming over a month ago with this schedule. (So did Pat Hickey, as he mentioned the danger in an article a while back.) And just imagine if we hadn't caught a badly-slumping Ottawa team?!! (3-5-2 in last 10) We'd already be dead.

Anyway, do you really want to stumble into the playoffs? If we can't manage a damn point in 2 home games, then we shouldn't be there in any event.

- Jack

As Kirk would say, "your logic is very unsettling Mr. Spock"

krksmll.jpg