What's Huet Worth?

Hip Hip Huet is UFA this summer. I say, around $2 mil with bonuses up to $3...it's hard to see another team topping that, unless the Habs make the playoffs and he steals some rounds for 'em (in which case, open the fershlugginer vault!) :D

I'd thought round $1.8m, but if we'd signed him six months ago it would have been like $600K hehehe. Anyway now it will depend greatly on his Playoff performance.

if we get Aebs and Huet for $4.XM we are much better off than paying $6M for Théo and a backup, IMO.

Hip Hip Huet is UFA this summer. I say, around $2 mil with bonuses up to $3...it's hard to see another team topping that, unless the Habs make the playoffs and he steals some rounds for 'em (in which case, open the fershlugginer vault!) :D

I've mentioned this before but I'll repet myself. We can't offer Huet any bonuses under thew new CBA. Only rookies and players who missed most of the previous season due to injuries are eligible for bonuses. We have to decide what we're willing to pay him based upon this year's performance.

Yep, that is definitely 1 thing BoB fux0rd big time. No clue why he has that rule not to negotiate contract during the season. Habs could have signe Huet for under 1 mil a fews months ago but not now.

As to an exact amount Huet is actually worth, is still unknown. How good is he? He is still unproven, even though he has been hot as of late. Huet hasnt even played 1 full season worth of games yet, let alone complete a full season. Its true Huet is the best goalie in the NHL right now, but that would be debatable if he played on any other team. Do you think Huet would have 7 SO this year is he was a Leaf? :lol:

Some goalies suite certain teams, and thats it. What did that Habs pay for him? His old team didnt think that highly of him, or he'd still be there.

Huet is worth a lot to the Habs, but they wont give him a Tim Thomas type ridiculous contract. Bos gave Thomas a 3 year 10 mil contract. Gainey will probably offer Huet a 3 year deal, 1st yr 1-1.5 mil, 2nd yr 1.5-1.75 3rd yr 1.75-2.25. I'd also expect a 2 yr extension for 2.5-3 & 3.5-5 which would be picked up if Huet prooves himself .

I actually like the rule, it lets the focus be where it needs to be, on the game and not the negotiations. Especially when the GM and coach are one and the same.

I think that as the playoffs approach, he's a worth $1.5 million a year, based on age and experience. Depending upon how he handles playoff games, his own play more than how far the team advances, then the offer should go higher. But the only way he merits Tim Thomas-type money if he takes the team to the conference finals, minimum, with a boatload of shutouts along the way.

Tim Thomas isn't getting 10 Million over 3 years he's getting 3 Million over 3 years, 1 million per season. Not even Boston is crazy enough to give him that.

What Huet will get will all depend on if and how far this team goes in the playoffs. And how he deals with the playoff pressure and performs. If he does what Kipper did, he'll get Kipper money in the 3M range, if he doesn't it'll be less. At the least I think we're looking at 1.8M simply based on the fact that other teams will be interested.

Hip Hip Huet

I've mentioned this before but I'll repet myself. We can't offer Huet any bonuses under thew new CBA. Only rookies and players who missed most of the previous season due to injuries are eligible for bonuses. We have to decide what we're willing to pay him based upon this year's performance.

Huet missed half the season due to injury. Does that count?

I'm not sure... I thought it had to be something which casts some doubt on the player's future performance, like a concussion. I doubt that Huet's injury would qualify.

Its very hard to evaluate Huet's value right now! Yes he's been awesome but I am quite sure Gainey is not 100% convinced he is worth the big bucks. And we do not know if Gainey prefers Aebisher for the future or not! If we sign Huet to a nice low salary of 1.3 mil, he might become an interresting trade bait for a lot of teams looking for a goaltender. He has a lot of visibilty at the moment. I sure hope we can keep him but right now the goaltending in MTL is in troubled water. You cannot have two #1 goalies...One of them will have to go this summer.

Thats just my two little cents :)

Edited by HipHipHuet

Some figures are being throwned around frivolously again......remember the Koivu signing,....

huge disparities existed between the HW's estimations and the ones found in the CH's final

contractual agreement with him.

The rule no.1 is finding out the UFA's price tag.

Having established the players's relative worth as rigorously as possible.......2 questions remains.

Which teams ligue wide would most likely benefited from acquiring Huet.

Which team among them would be the most desperate to get him.

This will give you Huet's market value.

This price tag will be what the CH will be looking at when considering the option of signing him.

Its very hard to evaluate Huet's value right now! Yes he's been awesome but I am quite sure Gainey is not 100% convinced he is worth the big bucks. And we do not know if Gainey prefers Aebisher for the future or not! If we sign Huet to a nice low salary of 1.3 mil, he might become an interresting trade bait for a lot of teams looking for a goaltender. He has a lot of visibilty at the moment. I sure hope we can keep him but right now the goaltending in MTL is in troubled water. You cannot have two #1 goalies...One of them will have to go this summer.

Thats just my two little cents :)

He's NOT worth the big bucks. You get the big bucks when you have been playing great over several years, not when you've had one great half-season. I say maximum 2 millions for 1 year or 3 millions for 2 years (1.5 each season). If he's still playing great after that contract, then he can demand more...

Heres how I see it.... he single handedly wins us the cup, then he gets 7.6 a year for two years :D . The confrence final while still playing great, 4.5 for two years. Anything else id say a 2 year contract worth 3 mil.

:hlogo:

Edited by The-Habby2919

The only way he gets 7.6 is if he has 16 consecutive shutouts.

Serously though look what Kipper got and how amazing he was, no way Huet will get anything more than 3.5 if he won the cup.

Ok,... I said the 7.6 sarcasticly, I know he wont get that. The only pay icrease that Id give him is 3mil over 2 years. :hlogo:

He's NOT worth the big bucks. You get the big bucks when you have been playing great over several years, not when you've had one great half-season. I say maximum 2 millions for 1 year or 3 millions for 2 years (1.5 each season). If he's still playing great after that contract, then he can demand more...

Incomplete a season as it is,......it is after all his last one before reaching UFA status.....and the last one is the one that matter most when interested-desperated GMs are considering acquiring a UFA.......Huet has proved

to be NewNHL ready big time and his superlative stats are glowings on all GMs faces his remarkable strenghts

and potentiel.

How many NHL's team have weeknesses in goal to be adressed ?

How many of them have a blatant and urgent problem in need of being fixed ?

Figuring-out those potentiel buyer and the nature of their expectations could tell us how hight a figure some GMs could conceivably be ready to risk on Huet.........its alot of work......a work that Huet's agent will have no

doubt accomplished long before meeting with Gainey.

But not knowing that and not knowing how many goally will be reaching UFA status this summer I would

make an ill-informed prediction of 2,500-3,500 on Huet's NHL's price tag for 1 year. Substantially lower for a

2 year contract at 4,500.

Contractual agreement with the CH could be acheived for a little less than those figures.

Edited by PB

Tim Thomas isn't getting 10 Million over 3 years he's getting 3 Million over 3 years, 1 million per season. Not even Boston is crazy enough to give him that.

I figured it was 3 mil/season the way they were ripping Bos on TSN about it.

Silly Q, but how did Theo get the big bucks then? Basically all Theo had done up to that point was win the Vesna.

IMO Huet is def worth the big $, but I wouldnt give it to him untill he actually prooves it. Huet is the real deal, he just hasnt had the chance to prove it yet. Kipper was the same way last year, look where Cal went last season, and they are still looking great this year. No clue what so ever how the Suis Elite League can crank out top quality goalies, but its starting to become common. Goalies produced by Suis Elite League: Huet, Aby, Gerber Baby, and Kipper :blink:

I don't think so. Here is the rule:

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

Incomplete a season as it is,......it is after all his last one before reaching UFA status.....and the last one is the one that matter most when interested-desperated GMs are considering acquiring a UFA.......Huet has proved

to be NewNHL ready big time and his superlative stats are glowings on all GMs faces his remarkable strenghts

and potentiel.

I agree with you that this is how things are done; my comment what more on what SHOULD be done. But what do I care, I'm not the idiot risking (and wasting) millions on unproven goods. After all, if most of the owners weren't so stupid, there would have never been a lock-out in the first place; it was all about preventing owners from hurting themselves too much. Yet, there will still be a bunch of them spending more money than they could afford this season (ex. Pittsburg).

Unfortunately for us, Gainey doesn't have a very good track records when it comes to signing players. He's made quite a few mistakes in Dallas, and we have benched a lot money this season (Bonk, Theodore, Sundstrom, Zednik, Dagenais in the AHL with his 1-way contract, and Bulis). He's lucky Souray turned things around cause the 3M/season he gave him before the lockout was looking awful not so long ago.

Those players you just mentioned won't be back next year except Bonk. I have no problem with the way he is currently playing. Also what do you mean by Souray turning it around, 70 or 80 % of his points are on the power play, his D zone coverage is just as poor as ever. He gets torched by any player who can skate. I think he'll be moved as well. Ribiero and Ryder were also 1 year deals, i also don't think Ribiero will be back. As for Huet, he'll get between 1.5 and 2.5 per year here. Also Aeby lately has been just as good as Huet, that will be the decision Gainey needs to make, Huet or Aeby. Packaging Aebi with another player makes more sense because of Danis able to back up Huet.

Those players you just mentioned won't be back next year except Bonk. I have no problem with the way he is currently playing. Also what do you mean by Souray turning it around, 70 or 80 % of his points are on the power play, his D zone coverage is just as poor as ever. He gets torched by any player who can skate. I think he'll be moved as well. Ribiero and Ryder were also 1 year deals, i also don't think Ribiero will be back. As for Huet, he'll get between 1.5 and 2.5 per year here. Also Aeby lately has been just as good as Huet, that will be the decision Gainey needs to make, Huet or Aeby. Packaging Aebi with another player makes more sense because of Danis able to back up Huet.

I agree with you about Souray, but his points total do make Gainey look a lot better than he did earlier this season. If he was not producing, AND his defensive coverage was poor, he would be one of Gainey's worth signings.

As for the power play thing, this is true for most players in the league. The NHL isn't much more open and offensive than it used to be, they have just called much more penalties, resulting in much more power play points for everyone. The league, and Montreal in particular, didn't really improve on 5-on-5 situations.