Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Carolina | 04/22/06

Spider-Man NL

playofftixheaderlogo_en640.jpg

montreal200.gifvssmall2.gifcarolina200.gif

montreal50.gif42-31-9 : 93 Points (7th in the Eastern Conference)

carolina50.gif52-22-8 : 112 Points (2nd in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (18-11-4), 2.20 GAA montreal50.gif

carolina50.gif# 29 Martin Gerber (38-14-6), 2.78 GAA2443.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Hurricanes Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Bulis - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Zednik - Plekanec

Murray - Bonk - Downey

d.jpg

Souray - Rivet

Markov - Komisarek

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Dec. 31st, 2005:montreal50.gif3 carolina50.gif5

Jan. 23rd, 2006:montreal50.gif3 carolina50.gif7

Jan. 31st, 2006:carolina50.gif8 montreal50.gif2

Mar. 16th, 2006:carolina50.gif5 montreal50.gif1

car_mon.jpg

AbbyvsCanes.jpg

PerezCar.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:

l_RDS.gifCBC.jpg & CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Hard to believe the playoffs are finally here... Let's kick them off with a big win on the road!

GO HABS GO!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

well....here we go for the only season that matters in CH land...

Gotta admit the Canes have handled us in the regular season, but I see Huet as the X-factor - he has as much chance as anyone in the East to be the hot goalie that takes his team to the finals (and beyond). This series will be Markov's coming out party for the casual NHL fan, plus it's supposed to be Zed's time of the year.

First things first though, let's get a split in Raleigh and show we mean business.

GO HABS GO!

Alright HW, show me what you've got! Last time the habs were in the playoffs the HW Forum gamethreads broke all sorts of (then) forum records!

Lets do it again...

oh yeah... GO HABS GO! Lets shock the Canes early!

may the habs show us the light in these dark times...i for one would of rather played the sens...knowing the record...but Screw it habs have the best fans so if they win this game and the next...Carolina are threw!!!!!

ok ill get back to my senses....GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!1

Expect the boys to come out hard this saturday. They've shown they can mix it with the best teams in the league and all they need to do is learn that killer instinct - their last two games were perfect examples of what cannot happen in the playoffs. When you've got a team down, kick them harder. :lol:

Let's take the first and force Carolina to play desperate hockey.

GO HABS!!!

EVERYONE IN HERE NEEDS A CHEER UP.

WE NEED TO BELIEVE. CHECK OUT THESE FACTS!

Carolina is in a mini funk right now which probably means very little whereas this is the playoffs now. But, it’s possible that acquiring Weight might have caused a problem. Recchi too. As soon as they came in Carolina has been sputtering. They might be offensively and egotistically overloaded. Sort of like the Rangers old syndrome (I hope)

Montreal CAN win this series.

Here are some interesting facts to make you feel better.

Game 1:

- we lost 5-3

- Theo was in nets

- it was 3-3 with 2 minutes left in the game

- Markov played (1 goal and 1 assist)

Game 2:

- we lost 7-3

- Theo was in nets before getting pulled

- the shots were 26 - 20 Montreal after 2 periods (the score was 5-1)

- No Markov

Game 3:

- we lost 8-2

- Theo made 5 saves on 10 shots before being yanked

- No Markov

- shots were 34 - 26 Montreal

Game 4:

- we lost 5-1

- No Markov

- Aebischer's first game

- shots were 41-29 Carolina

- was 2-1 with 10 minutes left before we left Aebischer alone

No Eric Cole right now :D

Go Habs Go!

Has anyone heard who will be our starting goalie?

We are going to win this series. Carolina is so confident, remembering the regular season meetings. They better watch out! The Habs are without a doubt a different team than they were during those games.

I want Tampa and the Habs to pull upsets. That would leave Tampa vs. Jersey (I don't want to play them) and Montreal vs. Philly.

Habs to the final!

EVERYONE IN HERE NEEDS A CHEER UP.

The fact alone that the leafs will not be on CBC every night (even if they aren't playing they get on there somehow), should make us all smile, dance and celebrate.

Well, last night on That's Hockey on TSN, Gord Miller was talking to some sports writer in Philly and this guy picked the Habs as his favorite team to post an upset in the first round. Nice to see we're getting some love by some reporters in the States.

GO HABS GO!

GO HABS GO!!

The facts are indeed not as dire as they appear to be.

I think we have a solid chance at taking this series. Canes will be overconfident after their 4 wins. We will take the series.

Well, last night on That's Hockey on TSN, Gord Miller was talking to some sports writer in Philly and this guy picked the Habs as his favorite team to post an upset in the first round. Nice to see we're getting some love by some reporters in the States.

GO HABS GO!

Keith Jones on Sportsnet takes Montreal in 6 too.

GAZETTE

"Given his calm and the fact that he gives up fewer rebounds than Jennifer Lopez, you would think Gainey would have to go with Huet. But Huet has had trouble winning Gainey's confidence: he was going well when Gainey took over from Claude Julien in January, but Gainey immediately went back to Theodore with disastrous results.

Huet stepped in again to save the day with that remarkable stretch before and after the Olympics and on the numbers

I hope Gainey doesn't make the same mistake twice. I'm all for what ever decision he makes., but I say go with HUET!!!!!!!!!!

This series, like many before it, will come down to the goaltending....As the stats showed, we can outshoot them, and outplay them if we show up for 60minutes... One week goal from Gerber, and we're good to go!

For more info on this, see Raycroft 2004....great season, but lost it in the playoffs!

Huet will be in net, no question really. Unless Gainey goes and does something stupid, but thats not his style!

I've already made my predictions (Habs in 6) so all I have to say is

GO HABS GO!!!!

Can't wait until Saturday, see everyone then!!! :)