Habs & Lucky #6...

Phhoenyxx

The Habs love years that end in 6...

We won our first Cup in 1916...

We won again in 1946/1956/1966/1976/1986...

That's a total of 6 Cups won in years ending in 6...

1995-1996 was the Roy incident, but we were having a good season until that dreadful game...

This year, it's 2006...

Furthermore, the last time we scored 6 goals in a playoff game was Game 6 of Round 1 in 1993 against Quebec... And we eventually won the Cup...

Since that game, we've only managed to score a maximum of 5 goals in any given playoff game...

65 Habs playoff games were played after that 6-2 win over Quebec, and we never scored more than 5 goals... Until last night...

It was our 66th playoff game since that 6-2 win over Quebec, and we won 6-1...

Finally, if we look at the 2003-2004 finals, the Cup winning game could very well be played on June 6th, 2006... 06/06/06... 6/6/6... 666!

:o

Edited by Phhoenyxx

DAMN that is some fine statistical analyst!!! :blink:

Glad to see you've got some time on your hands! ;)

Seriously though, I think I am gonna buy some loto tickets now just to be sure! :blush:

Nice work and GO HABS GO!!!

DAAAAAAAAAMN!

Now that's just crazy, how on earth did you figure that out?

Well, after the Humiliation of the Hurricanes last night, I started reading all the postgame comments on NHL.com, RDS.ca, TSN.ca, etc. And one stat that popped up was that it was the first 6 goal playoff game since Game 6 of Round 1 in 1993; and that it was a span of 65 games (66th game last night). Then I just looked at all Cups we won, and anything else I could think of. ;)

Edit: Rocket's number is 9... Flip it around and you get a 6... Also, the final round could start on May 27th, 2006... 6 years since he passed away... R.I.P.... :(

Note: Oh and riker, nice to see that you're using my 100th Anniversary Avatar. ;)

Edited by Phhoenyxx

Hmmm, I was just over at the official Habs site looking at all the different players we've had who've worn #6. Only two stood out: Russ Courtnall AND Hector "Toe" Blake. Interesting, no?

Yeah, they should retire Toe's number.

Also, when Boom Boom passed away, they lowered Morenz's number to then lift them up side by side... #5 and #7... What's missing in between? ;)

They were actually lifted with the #7 on the left and the #5 on the right... 75... When we won the Cup in 1993, it was the 75th anniversary of the NHL...

Edited by Phhoenyxx

Yeah, they should retire Toe's number.

Also, when Boom Boom passed away, they lowered Morenz's number to then lift them up side by side... #5 and #7... What's missing in between? ;)

Yes, I very much agree! He did a lot for the team, both as a player and as a coach. Is Toe still alive or has he passed away?

I'm so mad I missed the ceremony though, but then I heard it wasn't shown on TV anyways, unless it was on SRC...

Yes, I very much agree! He did a lot for the team, both as a player and as a coach. Is Toe still alive or has he passed away?

I'm so mad I missed the ceremony though, but then I heard it wasn't shown on TV anyways, unless it was on SRC...

It was on RDS though, CBC is lame. I hate that 7 second delay. I'm pretty sure Toe passed away.

Note: 6 + 7 = 13 years since our last Cup... OK, that was just lame! LOL

Edit: But since there was no season last year, then it's a span of 12 seasons... 6 + 6 = 12... Much better! B)

Edited by Phhoenyxx

It was on RDS though, CBC is lame. I hate that 7 second delay. I'm pretty sure Toe passed away.

Note: 6 + 7 = 13 years since our last Cup... OK, that was just lame! LOL

Edit: But since there was no season last year, then it's a span of 12 seasons... 6 + 6 = 12... Much better! B)

Haha, don't start up rumours about a curse like Vancouver supposedly has! :P

LOL

The only team with a curse is Toronto!

I take it you haven't heard about the so-called 13 year curse? They didn't make the Cup Finals until 13 years after they entered the league. Then they didn't make it until another 13 years passed by. Then this year would've been the next 13, but the lockout messed it up, so it could be that they make the finals next year. Freaky deaky, eh?

I take it you haven't heard about the so-called 13 year curse? They didn't make the Cup Finals until 13 years after they entered the league. Then they didn't make it until another 13 years passed by. Then this year would've been the next 13, but the lockout messed it up, so it could be that they make the finals next year. Freaky deaky, eh?

That is freaky, but I like the Canucks, so I hope they aren't cursed. ;)

Edit: Huet is #39... And yeah, our last Cup was in 93... 9 - 3 = 6...

Edited by Phhoenyxx

Hmmm, I was just over at the official Habs site looking at all the different players we've had who've worn #6. Only two stood out: Russ Courtnall AND Hector "Toe" Blake. Interesting, no?

Ralph Backstom also wore 6 and he was a damn good player who BTW eventually turned into Guy Lafleur (due to the genius of Sam Pollock of course)...

(I'll leave the oldtimers on the board to explain that one.)

- Jack

Edited by jackp

turned out to be one of the greatest trades in history

Edited by marky_and_komi

Toe Blake suffered from Alzheimer's in his later years and passed away several years ago.

Probably the greatest coach ever - yes he was even better than Scotty Bowman was!!!!!