New Nickname For Huet

bebehabs

what about *Cri-Stop-All* ??

i saw it on RDS in a talkback and i think that's really original :)

We have a winner. :king:

Except it's too clever for NHL nicknames these days (always boring things like 'Dandy' and 'Breezer'). The last really great nickname must be Red Light Racicot :lol: which was Red Fisher's immortal handiwork.

Cristopall it is!

Very cool sounding...

but I must say I wish there were more proper nicknames, not just plays on a players name. I yearn for things like:

Rocket

Boom Boom

"Cyclone" Taylor

"Gentleman" Joe

The Mighty Atom (Aurel Joliat) (who, btw was swiss german, not french... that blew my mind)

The Stratford Streak (original name for Howie Morenz)

even stuff like:

The Great One

Mr Hockey #1 (Eddie Shore)

Mr. Hockey #2 (Howe)

We have some of that nowadays, with Teemu (Finnish Flash) Selanne, Pavel (Russian Rocket) Bure, and Eric (Eggshell) Lindros

all of this is to say, give me some proper nicks for some habbies!

Cube for Boullion is good... any more?

Actually... maybe better not to hijack this thread too much...

sorry

I remember reading Saku Koivu's profile on the IIHF website during the Olympics and it said his nickname is "Fireball." And then he was also part of the (in)famous Huey-Dewey-Louie line in the '95 Worlds I think it was.

Other nicknames for Huet, playing off his Frenchness:

The Maginot Line

Or, my favourite:

General De Goal

Better not be the Maginot Line. Didn't stop the Germans worth a lick in WW2. I won't even touch the french general reference. Infact France and WW2 should be entirely left out of these threads, as France's performance in that war, wasn't too good.

OK, OK, but General De Goal (deGaulle) still has it. He led the resistance and emerged a war hero, for God's sake. (Now I agree that he was a complete asshole, but gimme a break - the pun is cool).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

a kind of take-off on Bernie Parent:

'Jesus saves souls, Bernie saves goals' becomes 'Christ save souls, Cris saves goals' which then becomes 'Cris Goalsaver' or just 'Goalsaver'.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Better not be the Maginot Line. Didn't stop the Germans worth a lick in WW2. I won't even touch the french general reference. Infact France and WW2 should be entirely left out of these threads, as France's performance in that war, wasn't too good.

From Wikipedia:

Generally considered one of the great failures of history, the term "Maginot Line" is now sometimes used as a metaphor for something that is confidently relied upon despite being ineffectual. It could be argued that this association is inaccurate, as the Line achieved the specific task it was intended to do, rendering a direct assualt against France's Eastern border impossible (the few Maginot forts which were directly attacked by German armoured troops held very well). It would be more truthful to state that the Line was sound, but France's strategic use of it was poor.

I trust Gainey's use of Huet to be better than France's use of the Marginot Line.