Is It In The Bag ?

PB

Trying to Un-Jinx it?

It's just to early to call it a day!! We're on 50% of the games needed for the second round. But we're not even near 50% chances to win.

yeah u r right, we only had 50% of the job done... what about the canes? they r at 0% of it~ ^_^

NOTHING is ever 'in the bag' - especially against the Hurricanes... they're way too powerful to discount.

I thought the same in 1967. After two Canadiens victories against the Leafs, I even wrote a poem about that 'in the bag' situation. The Leafs came back and won four straight.

I still have the poem and it still stings to read it once in a while but it remains a good example of 'pride comes before a fall'.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

The only things in the bag are the first 2 games and Souray's purple pills.

LMAO!!! Other than that... those that think that it was in the bag were now officially half out of it.

As for Shortcat, Id like to read that poem... maybe you should post it to remind us not to get cocky.

:hlogo:

What I was trying to say was that there's no way this is in the bag. We've screwed up before (2002), and we're not an elite team, as much as many would like to believe. In a few years, yes, but now, no.

In response to those querying the games that I watch, as difficult as it is being on the other side of the world, I find ways. Whether it's getting friends to send over tapes of the games, others saving them as bit-torrent files, or at the very least watching the highlights and listening to the games. I'm not privileged enough to live in North America, but I make a fair effort, and probably see/understand more than many living in PQ.

Dalhabs, I wasn't bagging out Gerber, but reminding othes about Ward's potential. As we saw tonight, he is an adept goalie, IMO better than Gerber, and is not to be taken lightly.

In closing, if this thread jinxed the series, despite all the counter-jinxes I've been doing (and yes, 'Canes in 7' is a counter-jinx), I will personally buy tickets to Montreal to have a little conversation with PB about playoff etiquette.

Until then, best of luck to Saku, Steve, les Habitants, and here's to hoping Ward crumbles.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

What I was trying to say was that there's no way this is in the bag. We've screwed up before (2002), and we're not an elite team, as much as many would like to believe. In a few years, yes, but now, no.

In response to those querying the games that I watch, as difficult as it is being on the other side of the world, I find ways. Whether it's getting friends to send over tapes of the games, others saving them as bit-torrent files, or at the very least watching the highlights and listening to the games. I'm not privileged enough to live in North America, but I make a fair effort, and probably see/understand more than many living in PQ.

Dalhabs, I wasn't bagging out Gerber, but reminding othes about Ward's potential. As we saw tonight, he is an adept goalie, IMO better than Gerber, and is not to be taken lightly.

In closing, if this thread jinxed the series, despite all the counter-jinxes I've been doing (and yes, 'Canes in 7' is a counter-jinx), I will personally buy tickets to Montreal to have a little conversation with PB about playoff etiquette.

Until then, best of luck to Saku, Steve, les Habitants, and here's to hoping Ward crumbles.

True story!! Can't believe people thinking lightly about the canes. They owned us during the season.

And i found your way of following the NHL/Habs very comon to my experience. (it sucks, doesnt it :D)

True story!! Can't believe people thinking lightly about the canes. They owned us during the season.

And i found your way of following the NHL/Habs very comon to my experience. (it sucks, doesnt it :D)

How long till somebody starts a thread saying Montreal is doomed now?

I'm not starting a Montreal is doomed thread but I still think it's equally as dumb to start an, is this in the bag thread. C'mon, everyone knows when you can and cannot start those types of threads, yet there's always someone with an itchy trigger finger. Anxious to be the one who started it. Next time wait until the right time please. To me there is very little more frustrating than a debate and how locked up the series is when a single win by teh Canes gets them right back into the series.

We must somehow reverse the curse that this thread has brought upon the Tricolore. PB, you need to right a formal apology to the hockey gods and ask for their fogiveness, only then will our Habs be able to take this series.

We must somehow reverse the curse that this thread has brought upon the Tricolore. PB, you need to right a formal apology to the hockey gods and ask for their fogiveness, only then will our Habs be able to take this series.

I which I had a penchant for voodooisme as you do but I dont.

My optimisme for them to win the series expressed in my post was based on some observations, speculations and conditions,......all debatable hockey stuffs.

Now will the Habs win that series under the infavorable conditions their are in ?

If they have the goods required to do it they will,....if not they wont,.......that's hockey.

I'm not the superstitious type, but if you are and you have any pre- game rituals, then it's time to change them all..... they aren't working! :(

I'm not the superstitious type, but if you are and you have any pre- game rituals, then it's time to change them all..... they aren't working! :(

I am, so if a forum director can please get rid of this thread before the game tonight, please do so. I'm sure everyone will be happy about it.

I would say that it is most likely IN the bag.

Lets face it the CH have deprived the Hurricane from any wins at home and have also deprived them of their

security from Gerber in goal.

The Hurricane have done everything they could possibly do to get a win tonight,...yet they came up short.

Their hope now lies with the incertitude that Cam Ward would be as good for the remaining series as he

turned out to be for them tonight.

Cam Ward is a rooki with unfavorable stats in his first NHL season,..but had great year in the American last year.

On our side my optimism is hight......I had some reserved with the standard conscerning most our lines....but those conscerns have vanished after watching them in playoffs mode.....Sundstrom, Bonk, Bulis, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Zednick, Perezhogin name it.....those guys can all boogie big time right now.

Yes if tonight's outcome would have turned out to be in Carolina's favor.....it would have been as humiliating

as can be,....but it asn't, and this will, in its own way, increased the level of dilligence and discipline in which

the CH will play the remaining series of games against them......and, because of that (among other things) I feel its in the bag.

PS: I am not shure if I could say the same thing if Souray was out for the remaining portion of that series.

Guess you feel pretty foolish right about now eh?

Well, from a Bilbo hobbit point of view, this topic has reached Bag End. :D:D:D

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Guess you feel pretty foolish right about now eh?

Au contraire....I feel elated !

This was the best hockey I have seen this Club played this year and this series had all the ingredients that

defines what the playoffs are all about.

I am glad they made it in the playoffs and I have loved watching them in the process.

I dont share the misery some fans feel about the game or about being a Habs fan,....and this site is all about fun to me..........but the dogmatic discourses, the credos, the taboos..........no thank you.

This was the best hockey I have seen this Club played this year and this series had all the ingredients that

I am glad they made it in the playoffs and I have loved watching them in the process.

I dont share the misery some fans feel about the game or about being a Habs fan,....and this site is all about fun to me..........but the dogmatic discourses, the credos, the taboos..........no thank you.

Yeah but it JINXED it for the rest of us who believe in it!!! :o

Yeah but it JINXED it for the rest of us who believe in it!!! :o

Its not clear to me what your belief is except that it seems to fascinate you much more than me.

It's just etiquette man.

Just like you don't say "shutout" when your goalie has allowed 0 goals during the game.

It's also a case of respect, I'm sure there are more people who would prefer you not to have posted those comments than those who are glad you did.

In future, perhaps take note in who shared your sentiment, and PM them with your thoughts. Then if you're feeling proud of yourself, and want to gloat a bit, let us know

after the series is over.

Many thanks :)

Thats funny. You talk about best hockey that Montreal has played all year, yet you say nothing about your screwup, having thought Montreal had this in the bag. Seems your ashamed or embarrased by your comments. Probably both. ANd you should be.

I don't believe in Jinx's, hoax's, miracles, god, scientology or Urban Myths, but if I had wrote what you had int hat first thread, I'd be mighty embarrased. That was Leafs fan'ish

An innofensive anthousiastique thumbs-up.....I had fun writing it.

It asn't met your critirias ? You either turn the page over it or turn yourself

into a control freak.