Is It In The Bag ?

PB

I would say that it is most likely IN the bag.

Lets face it the CH have deprived the Hurricane from any wins at home and have also deprived them of their

security from Gerber in goal.

The Hurricane have done everything they could possibly do to get a win tonight,...yet they came up short.

Their hope now lies with the incertitude that Cam Ward would be as good for the remaining series as he

turned out to be for them tonight.

Cam Ward is a rooki with unfavorable stats in his first NHL season,..but had great year in the American last year.

On our side my optimism is hight......I had some reserved with the standard conscerning most our lines....but those conscerns have vanished after watching them in playoffs mode.....Sundstrom, Bonk, Bulis, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Zednick, Perezhogin name it.....those guys can all boogie big time right now.

Yes if tonight's outcome would have turned out to be in Carolina's favor.....it would have been as humiliating

as can be,....but it asn't, and this will, in its own way, increased the level of dilligence and discipline in which

the CH will play the remaining series of games against them......and, because of that (among other things) I feel its in the bag.

PS: I am not shure if I could say the same thing if Souray was out for the remaining portion of that series.

FFS, does no-one know what a jinx is?

Our beloved Habs, as much as we love them, will find a way to increase our blood pressure permanently, and chances are, break out hearts shortly afterwards.

Ward is a whole new ball game. He's done well in playoffs before, albeit not in the NHL, and can handle pressure as well as most. Canes, as bad as they can play, had glimpses of dominance tonight, and will most likely 'bring it', and then some, next game.

Canes in 7 :(

I thought this thread was about Souray! :D

wow

Our beloved Habs, as much as we love them, will find a way to increase our blood pressure permanently, and chances are, break out hearts shortly afterwards.

Ward is a whole new ball game. He's done well in playoffs before, albeit not in the NHL, and can handle pressure as well as most. Canes, as bad as they can play, had glimpses of dominance tonight, and will most likely 'bring it', and then some, next game.

your tempered expectations are well noted and understood.

Edited by simonus

I thought this thread was about Souray! :D

ha!!! you beat me to it

its definitely not in the bag though by any means

i will say one thing though, a lot of players on this team just matured another step through that game and learned a lot i am sure

not yet... but SOOOOOOON :P

the montreal crowd will DEFINITELY win AT LEAST a game against those canes~ dunt forget HOW IMPORTANT and HOW POWERFUL the MONTREAL FANS r intimidating at the bell center :P

i'm just happy to see ALL THOSE *experts* in trouble coz they predicted an *easy* win for the canes in this series : BULLS**T

HABS IN 4!!! :)

It's not over until the final seconds are ticking off in our 4th victory of the series and we have a few goal lead.

I remember many series in recent years with road teams getting up 2-0 in a series, heading home, and blowing it.

Trying to Un-Jinx it?

It's just to early to call it a day!! We're on 50% of the games needed for the second round. But we're not even near 50% chances to win. Like said before, Cam is a whole new game. We're not even close, don't forget we let teams slip before. After major standing ahead. I'm confident, but don't even think about getting a jinx against us. Canes showed just for a moment how good they were, and they will show it again. In Montreal, without there own Boo-Birds.

I can't believe people thinking we're there already! (i know we will lose at least one game to the Canes)

They mentioned last night that teams leading 2-0 in the series ended up winning 87% of the time... what does that mean?

That means we STILL NEED TO WIN 2 MORE GAMES to be part of that 87%...

NO.........

:huh: the only time it's in the bag is when you've won the last game!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even close. What a dumb thread. THere is a shitload more hockey to play. A 2-0 lead going back to Montreal is an excellent start. No more, no less. To think this series is in the bag is foolish.

Was it in the bag two years ago when Boston was up 3-1? DOn't get too cocky.

Bell Center will be an insane asylum, I can't wait cool.gif

And I'll be in the belly of the beast. My father won tickets for tomorrow game :D

Cant wait, this will be my first time at Bell Centre, and the first time I'll see an NHL playoff game life, altough I did went to Corel Centre before.

Edited by Jean

And I'll be in the belly of the beast. My father won tickets for tomorrow game :D

Cant wait, this will be my first time at Bell Centre, and the first time I'll see an NHL playoff game life, altough I did went to Corel Centre before.

I've been at both, and let me tell you, you're in for a treat. Corel/Scotiabank Centre is nothing compared to the Bell Centre. Enjoy the game, I wish I could be there too!

So what u mean is that Gerber hasnt won anything before? Try swedish elite gold with Färjestad which counts higher than anything in northamerica accept the Stanley cup of course.

So what u mean is that Gerber hasnt won anything before? Try swedish elite gold with Färjestad which counts higher than anything in northamerica accept the Stanley cup of course.

dalhabs, out of curiosity, what is the playoff structure of the swedish elite league?

Wow thats some optimism for you. Why don't you not watch the game, and then not post on here.

Really come on? Why don't you have any faith. You'll probably be posting on here that you knew Montreal was going to win, when they've rapped up this series.

Should we win? YES!

Will we win? YES!

Is it in the bag? NO!

I still have visions of Messier and the boys slapping Thibeault and

the boys around after we walked into MSG and took the first 2 games.

Plus as a Yankee fan watching the Red Sox take 4 straight after being

3 down, I am not content until the final nail is in the coffin and

we are booking the Canes tee off times.

Wow thats some optimism for you. Why don't you not watch the game, and then not post on here.

Really come on? Why don't you have any faith. You'll probably be posting on here that you knew Montreal was going to win, when they've rapped up this series.

kaos... maybe a bit over-reacting. If you look at what he was responding to I think you'll see what he was trying to do.

kaos... maybe a bit over-reacting. If you look at what he was responding to I think you'll see what he was trying to do.

Sounds like he was saying Canes in 7? Unless I missed soemthing in his post? But I don't think I did