Never Really Introduced Myself

Well I live in st. louis mo (boo) (hate it with passion) and about 2 years ago I became obessed with all things Canadian. I read the canadian papers, watch the cbc on the internet, working on the french, read a bunch of books, and by looking at my avatar I found a new political hero. I want to move to either Vancouver or Montreal. Haven't really considered moving to Toronto because I hate Toronto even thou I've never been to the centre of the universe. (its probly a nice town but still, its TORONTO)

I've become so emersed into Canada I can go it for tat with somebody on politics (politics and news have driven me since birth) and the person will think I'm a canadian.

Now on to sports. Well I was looking for Canadian teams to root for, since I openly root for the american teams demise. I was drawn to the rich history of the canadiens. Also root for the Canucks or as I like to call them the CANNOTS. But I'm a big Canadiens fan. Trying to find something with the Canadiens logo on it down here is impossible but when I do I will put it on my bedroom wall with my giant canadian flag, pics of trudeau and tommy douglas.

I've become so emersed into Canada I can go it for tat with somebody on politics (politics and news have driven me since birth) and the person will think I'm a canadian.

The correct word in that sentence is 'tit' (opportunities to make that kind of correction don't come along every day...). :D

Jokes aside, welcome to the board!

So, the question that begs to be asked: how does a nice midwest American boy like you suddenly become so pro-Canadian, and (I assume) anti-American?

well Pierre, welcome properly to the board.

As a canadian living in Indiana I can sympathize with the difficulty in acquiring memorabilia...

I'm definitely not so anti-american as you... and I've had some fun in St.Louis (although there are some aspects that I can see bothering someone).

Although there is somewhat of a wave of anti-americanism going through swaths of canada, I'd like to think we are more reasonable than that.

I am now also an American. If we do something good I am happy, if we do something bad I am sad and I might complain. Now, I am very much on that left wing of our great country and have perhaps found more to be sad/angry about throughout the last administration, but that cannot make me hate an entire country.

MY true gripe? The real thing I hate here?

WHERE IS THE DAMN POUTINE!!!!

I WANT SMOKED MEAT!

where are the ketchup chips? Aero bars? Crunchies? Coffee Crisps? Hell... Smarties!

Why does nobody in this entire country know how they put the caramel in the caramilk bar?

The correct word in that sentence is 'tit' (opportunities to make that kind of correction don't come along every day...). :D

Jokes aside, welcome to the board!

So, the question that begs to be asked: how does a nice midwest American boy like you suddenly become so pro-Canadian, and (I assume) anti-American?

How does somebody become pro-Canadian and Anti-American?

Easy.

When you become persecuted for your views on life down here you become outcasted. America is getting whats coming to them. There ignorance shows in there way they live there life. And frankly I want off the runaway train because the bridge is out and this thing is going to crash.

How does somebody become pro-Canadian and Anti-American?

Easy.

When you become persecuted for your views on life down here you become outcasted. America is getting whats coming to them. There ignorance shows in there way they live there life. And frankly I want off the runaway train because the bridge is out and this thing is going to crash.

If you're searching for hope and a sense to your life, it's excellent to look up.. but you'll be disapointed if you stop your eyes on Canada lol

Look higher ;)

What do you mean look higher?

Good gravy. Are you kidding me? Let me guess, you believe in God as much as you believe in the United States.

I have so much to say, but it will only piss people off, so I won't say anything else at all.