Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Canadiens | 04/26/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's been said here a hundered times already in this thread but I have to vent ... THE REFFING WAS JUST CRAP ... A DISGRACE TO THEIR PROFESSION ... Dennis LaRue, Dan Marouelli Michel Cormier, and Jean Morin should be down in the minors.

And lets keep our fingers crossed for Koivu ... he's had enough already.

Another thing that bugged me tonight too was CBC.

I mean during the 3rd intermission Don Cherry wouldnt stop talking about the Buffalo and Philly game. If I wanted to watch and listen to analysis on that game I would have turned on TSN.

Worst reffing, I tell you they are really turning me off hockey. Every underdog team is going to have to contend with Bettmans rigged games as well as the stastistical disadvantages. No penalty on Koivu getting speared in the eye and they go on to call every penalty under the sun. At the beginning of the game the impression was they put the whistles away, but I guess that was only for the Canes.

It was fun but this game was set up for the Canes to get back in. I really got a kick out of Stillman saying that they were waiting for their power play goal during the intermission. This just after he elbowed Markov in the face and wasn't penalized.

Way to go Habs it was a good game all things considered.

Another thing that bugged me tonight too was CBC.

I mean during the 3rd intermission Don Cherry wouldnt stop talking about the Buffalo and Philly game. If I wanted to watch and listen to analysis on that game I would have turned on TSN.

Holy shit,enough with the Don Cherry bullshit. He's a hockey commentator. He talks about hockey. Not just what game the CBC is showing. Give it a rest

Worst reffing, I tell you they are really turning me off hockey. Every underdog team is going to have to contend with Bettmans rigged games as well as the stastistical disadvantages. No penalty on Koivu getting speared in the eye and they go on to call every penalty under the sun. At the beginning of the game the impression was they put the whistles away, but I guess that was only for the Canes.

It was fun but this game was set up for the Canes to get back in. I really got a kick out of Stillman saying that they were waiting for their power play goal during the intermission. This just after he elbowed Markov in the face and wasn't penalized.

Way to go Habs it was a good game all things considered.

True about Bettman. You know he doesn't want one of his down south hillbilly teams to get swept in the first round.

What really makes me worried is that the Habs really should have won this game. They were the better team. That kind of loss can really screw a team up...

Agreed.. but I have faith.. I had the same thought throughout the Boston series last year... We will prevail... and I hope that some pounds the life out of Willaims and Stillman... The more i see of this team, the more I am disgusted by their unsportmanlike conduct...

I will say that C Ward played a hell of a game tho..

WE WILL PREVAIL!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

Perhaps they are and we just don't hear or see it but I cannot believe the owners, GM's and coaches aren't getting something done about the crap refereeing ... it's gone on all season. I was sure hoping these guys would get their shit together for the playoffs ... obvioulsy not.

Cherry praised Ward because he played ummmm let me think where was it ... oh ya ... IN CANADA ... and Huet, oh the guy from France

Holy shit,enough with the Don Cherry bullshit. He's a hockey commentator. He talks about hockey. Not just what game the CBC is showing. Give it a rest

Kaos, passionate Habs fans come on here to celebrate or vent, as the situation dictates. You should know this as well as anyone. No need to get edgy.

And if there's a reason to vent, it's Don Cherry. Yes, he's just a commentator, but senility and age have taken his best years away from him, and he's always out of his comfort zone when he's working a game other than a Leafs' game.

So you should just relax a little.

Kaos, passionate Habs fans come on here to celebrate or vent, as the situation dictates. You should know this as well as anyone. No need to get edgy.

And if there's a reason to vent, it's Don Cherry. Yes, he's just a commentator, but senility and age have taken his best years away from him, and he's always out of his comfort zone when he's working a game other than a Leafs' game.

So you should just relax a little.

Thanks for the support, I just get pissed when they do that during a game that is being shown throughout the country.

But if it was Toronto, they wouldn't stop talking about the game.

True, you have to see CBC and above all coaches corners as the Leafs hockey channel. I'll have to admit I was surprised to see them following Carolina so eagerly, giving all the interviews to Carolina players. But Leaf fans want the Habs to lose just like I always have cheered against them in the playoffs.

If you can put on RDS or mute the tv and play the radio if the time delays don't mess it up too much.

Sucks that tax payers that aren't Leaf fans have to support this channel.

True, you have to see CBC and above all coaches corners as the Leafs hockey channel. I'll have to admit I was surprised to see them following Carolina so eagerly, giving all the interviews to Carolina players. But Leaf fans want the Habs to lose just like I always have cheered against them in the playoffs.

If you can put on RDS or mute the tv and play the radio if the time delays don't mess it up too much.

I know, it really sucks!!

on the refereeing -- I doubt there is a conspiracy to hand the game to the Canes, really. Maybe consider the possibility that the officials over-compensated for the Montréal crowd, not defending the officiating, but one more Habs goal would have brought victory. But Ward was very good.

Anyway the main thing for Habs fans now is to say a prayer for Saku and hope the team comes out Friday with the sort of spirited go-to hockey that the Canes, and even the refs, just can't stymie.

That's what kills me - taxes go towards supporting a supposedly national network representing national interests, yet it's Leafs every weekend of the year.

Pathetic.

money can buy games I guess.

The Montreal franchise is worth more than the Corolina franchise.

Never. The league steals away viewership from NASCAR every postseason game that Carolina gets to play in.

The NHL stealing viewers from Nascar? I think you've had too much to drink. The NHL is nowhere close to effecting NASCAR.

NASCAR is 2nd only to the NFL level in ratings and television viewership power. NHL gets a day a week on OLN during the season. NASCAR would be worried about the NBA, AFL, ATP, and PGA before they worried about the NHL.

Did you even watch the game, did you not see the hold / cross check by vasicek immediately before that hook that they called.

It wasn't even close to as blatant as that desperation hook. If you can't admit that that hooking call was more obvious, then there's no need to discuss this with you, because you're clearly out of your mind.

Did you not see all of the missed calls in the 3rd against carolina, did you not see the 4 minutes given to Komi on a play where Stillman didn't even bleed.

Put away your Habs homer glasses, and think about this from a Corolina fans prespective - how many calls went Montreal's way the past 3 games? I'm sure they think they've been screwed the previous 2 games too. When a team loses, all the subjective homers come out and blame the refs. But this is insanely idiotic - "fire the officials"?

if you don't like it don't read it

No problem - once I spot the stupidity, I'll skip the rest of the post.

NBA officiating is very good - it's not called strictly by the books, but they are excellent at allowing the flow to continue while still controlling the play and protecting the players.

If you don't watch basketball - don't comment on it. Almost every close game is effected largely by the referees (Lakers vs Cavaliers is a recent example). Even Nader gave the NBA a letter once.

And how they missed Koivu's eye getting gouged out is beyond me?

1 call. Is that why you all have your panties in a bunch?

The Officials don't catch everything, especially in a fast game like hockey.

Watch an NBA game, you'll see.

About two seconds before that call the Carolina player dumped either Plekanec or Dandenault and there was no call.

So, you couldn't even tell on who the penalty was committed on? Was it Plekanec? Was it Dandenault?

Or was it something you wouldn't even be talking about if Montreal had won the game?

Perhaps they are and we just don't hear or see it but I cannot believe the owners, GM's and coaches aren't getting something done about the crap refereeing ... it's gone on all season.

Bettman is encouraging the Officials to blow their whistles. Considering the Officials are under the pressure of fines and learning the new rules during the playoffs, they've done fine.

Anyway, let's not get caught up in this Habs-collapsing thing. They really played a great game tonight but penalties and poor officiating undid them. Cam Ward is not Brodeur or Roy, so we need not worry about beating him - he can be beat.

Gainey is the master at focusing on the next game, and if the Habs can take Friday's, then we're doing fine.

Much more concerning is Koivu - this could be very, very, serious. The guy just doesn't deserve something like this to happen to him. Let's hope....

See you folks on Friday.

On Sportsnet, they were saying they think it's a very very serious injury to Koivu and that he's likely out the playoffs if not more.

Granted they have no clue yet, but this makes me very concerned.

At this point, based on what i saw... I have to agree

That kind of injury, even if not serious, is 4 weeks min...