Doing It The Gainey Way.......

beliveau1

An interesting article in todays Toronto Sun about how Gainey's approach to the game is rubbing off on the Habs.......http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playo...551438-sun.html

Edited by beliveau1

nice little article. Thanks for the link

no problem! Stumbled across it and thought it was a good analysis of Gaineys' approach and how it seems to be rubbing off on the players. Shows the difference between Quinn's continuous whine & cheese parties and the Gainey method.

(hey I noticed I'm no longer just a mere 'novice' - I made the century mark in posts.......)

Edited by beliveau1

no problem! Stumbled across it and thought it was a good analysis of Gaineys' approach and how it seems to be rubbing off on the players. Shows the difference between Quinn's continuous whine & cheese parties and the Gainey method.

(hey I noticed I'm no longer just a mere 'novice' - I made the century mark in posts.......)

Congratulations on hitting 100. Thanks for the article. I loved the Kovalev quote at the end. My impression of him as a team player has been going up and up. The more quotes I hear from him the better I like him.

Congratulations on hitting 100. Thanks for the article. I loved the Kovalev quote at the end. My impression of him as a team player has been going up and up. The more quotes I hear from him the better I like him.

thanks - started out just reading posts here for the longest time, until one day I got so ticked off at one post that I finally decided to add my two Canadien cents?

Yeah I love what Gainey has done and how it is rubbing off on the players - Kovalev is a prime example of this approach. The inside bit about Gainey's behind the scenes method of operating is very interesting when we just judge him on the bench as being too quiet at times? Compare that to the public rants of recent and to Quinn's approach, and you can't help but have so much more respect for how he handles things!

Bob's busy building it - and it will come home soon......

I'm surprised that was from Al Strachan.

Been following his columns for years now - he's usually not that bad as far as I've seen over the years.

Trust his stuff more than a lot of others who are out there. Though the great Red Fisher is still the dean of all NHL scribes as far as I'm concerned......

Edited by beliveau1

I get a sense that everyone in the NHL has enormous respect and admiration for Gainey -- for the honest, hard way he played and for the calm, dignified way he approaches the game today. Even the refs, when they approach Gainey - approach with respect - partly because he was probably the LEAST whiny player of all time. I thought Gainey's status might take a hit after that Olympic loss (when Gretzky was benched in the shootout), but with this playoff season, so far, the legend of Monsieur Bob grows by the day.