Koivu Out For Playoffs?

koivu-11

he is goin to stay overnight from what gainey said, so most likly to not play in game 4 wich is rly bad i find.

and it hit the eye of koivu.

This is terrible news for all habs players and fans :(

Edited by koivu-11

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is goin to stay overnight from what gainey said, so most likly to not play in game 4 wich is rly bad i find.

and it hit the eye of koivu.

This is terrible news for all habs players and fans :(

Yeah he's being kept over night for observation. More information in the morning.

Thats not good. I imagine they have to wait for the swelling to go down a bit before doing further tests.

I'd say he's out atleast for the playoffs. I hate to speculate any further

Yeah he's being kept over night for observation. More information in the morning.

Thats not good. I imagine they have to wait for the swelling to go down a bit before doing further tests.

I'd say he's out atleast for the playoffs. I hate to speculate any further

i really hope it is not the playoffs it will be one of the biggest momentum busts for the habs, and how he played recently even if it wasnt to his full potential he was the one carrying the team on his back. Mtl needs him and everyone knows that.

People can say what they want but they cant hide the truth.

Can anyone remember specifics on the Sundin eye injury? Hopefully Koivu's will be no worse than his, although I'm sure everyone would love for it to be even less significant.

I think it is something that will be similar. I just hope it isnt like a berard insadint...please god make him be ok!

i really hope it is not the playoffs it will be one of the biggest momentum busts for the habs, and how he played recently even if it wasnt to his full potential he was the one carrying the team on his back. Mtl needs him and everyone knows that.

People can say what they want but they cant hide the truth.

I don't know. Did you see that closeup of him. Thats a bad injury. Its atleast the playoffs. It looks like part of the blade hit his eyeball so theres possible scratching there. And I'd say with the force of the blow its probably a cracked or broken orbital bone.

They won't be able to do eye (vision) tests till atleast tommorrow when the swelling goes down. No way he'll see action Friday. Swelling might not even subside till them. Bad news man.

I don't know. Did you see that closeup of him. Thats a bad injury. Its atleast the playoffs. It looks like part of the blade hit his eyeball so theres possible scratching there. And I'd say with the force of the blow its probably a cracked or broken orbital bone.

They won't be able to do eye (vision) tests till atleast tommorrow when the swelling goes down. No way he'll see action Friday. Swelling might not even subside till them. Bad news man.

Yea thats what they said that it hit his eye so guarenteed there must be something wrong with his eye..i really hope something can be said by tomarrow night , to give some of us some glimmer of hope.

I think i should write an essay for extra marks on how the nhl doesnt do much about stupid things like this. That should be treated with extreme caution.

The replay of him leaving the ice showed that his left eye was all dark blood.... I couldnt even see any white of his eye. I hope hes ok. Ill be praying for him tonight.

:hlogo:

Ok, let me preface this by saying I am really drunk....

But how the ###### did the lowlife ######ing refs miss this mother f-ing call??? I hope they both get cancer of the ass and die slow painful deaths.

Ok, let me preface this by saying I am really drunk....

But how the ###### did the lowlife ######ing refs miss this mother f-ing call??? I hope they both get cancer of the ass and die slow painful deaths.

Iam with you on that one.

Yea thats what they said that it hit his eye so guarenteed there must be something wrong with his eye..i really hope something can be said by tomarrow night , to give some of us some glimmer of hope.

I think i should write an essay for extra marks on how the nhl doesnt do much about stupid things like this. That should be treated with extreme caution.

Well I don't think the NHL really can do anything about this. Maybe they can punish the refs but not assinging them anymore games, but you can't really do anything to the Carolina player (Williams I think?).

It wasn't intential on his part.

Well I don't think the NHL really can do anything about this. Maybe they can punish the refs but not assinging them anymore games, but you can't really do anything to the Carolina player (Williams I think?).

It wasn't intential on his part.

Oh i ment about the refs, sorry im compleltly out of it so tired.

I'm talking about whether the high stick is intentional or not....same (should be) five minute call!!!!

So your saying that Komisarek should have been called for a 5 minute penalty instead of a 4 mintue when he clipped Stillman at the end of the third period?

I'm talking about whether the high stick is intentional or not....same (should be) five minute call!!!!

Its bad enough that it happend without a penalty but when koivu had to skate by them all bloody and they look at him like they dont have a clue.... thats what pisses me off. I hope we got Koharsky for the next one... he seems to be the only decent ref.

:hlogo:

I'm talking about Koivu getting carved and the call being missed you clown, kaos..wtf are you talking about???

Your a moron buddy. The high stick was not intential. Therefore even if the ref had saw it, regardless of the injury to Koivu, it would have been a 4 mintue penatly, because it drew blood.

The exact same way that Komisarek got a 4 minute penalty. If your to dumb to understand that, or drunk as you so proudly exclaim, then you should get off the forum.

Your a moron buddy. The high stick was not intential. Therefore even if the ref had saw it, regardless of the injury to Koivu, it would have been a 4 mintue penatly, because it drew blood.

The exact same way that Komisarek got a 4 minute penalty. If your to dumb to understand that, or drunk as you so proudly exclaim, then you should get off the forum.

K guys lets not have a fight break lose on the thread lol.

Speaking about the Komi penalty.... it took Stillman or whoever a long time to get that blood flowing.... he had to go to the bench to show the refs.... did he bite the inside of his lip or something. Frig... the whole 3 period pissed me off!!

:angry: :hlogo:

Speaking about the Komi penalty.... it took Stillman or whoever a long time to get that blood flowing.... he had to go to the bench to show the refs.... did he bite the inside of his lip or something. Frig... the whole 3 period pissed me off!!

:angry: :hlogo:

If he was smart he bit his lip. Anybody would have done that. Its smart. But I think he immediatley showed the ref there was a bit of blood, and the call was made at that time. Not after he went to the bench.

But thankfully it turned out to be inconsquential

You know, I really think that this thread needs to be locked. What started off as a discussion regarding Koivu's health has devolved into a series of personal attacks. You two should both just sit back, take a few deep breaths, and calm down. I don't want to take anyone's side, but both of you are acting inappropiately.

I have to say that I disagree with Williams getting off with no suspension.

I'll be the first to say that it was accidental - but just because it was unintentional does not mean it wasn't a dangerous play. A stick with a curved blade at the end is a potential weapon and should be regarded as such. If a player loses control of that "weapon", he should be held accountable for it. Period.

The league has tolerated this kind of crap for far too long and needs to start handing out suspensions for incidents like this. Only then will players realize that they are not immune to wielding their sticks like amateurs.

If Koivu's career is done or if he has any lasting visual deficits, he should take Williams to court. I would, in a heartbeat, and I'd win.