Koivu Out For Playoffs?

koivu-11

I love Saku, but he isn't the whole team. I think that with Begin in the line up, and perhaps a call up from the AHL we can still take this series. All we need is a HUET shutout, and some solid leadership from Kovalev, Begin, Sourey, and Rivet. And if Higgins and some of the other supporting cast start lighting it up in a good way we are laughing ... stay positive!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a problem with us being Habs biased then maybe YOU are the one who shouldnt read these threads. Im sorry but you are almost as bad as the Carolina fans on espn boards are atm.

Well I'm sorry that you don't like an honest reply. Obviously you know very little about hockey here in Canada, but thats to be expected from where you come from. And obviously if your reading Carolina fans comments on other boards, your probably not as big a Canadiens fan as you think you are. Buh Bye Now.

I love Saku, but he isn't the whole team. I think that with Begin in the line up, and perhaps a call up from the AHL we can still take this series. All we need is a HUET shutout, and some solid leadership from Kovalev, Begin, Sourey, and Rivet. And if Higgins and some of the other supporting cast start lighting it up in a good way we are laughing ... stay positive!

Well I guess the Habs are lucky in the fact that Koivu was not carrying the team offensively, although the chemistry with Ryder and Higgins will definitley be affected. Hopefully they can jell quickly with whoever they insert on the line and remain a productive offensive unit.

Well I'm sorry that you don't like an honest reply. Obviously you know very little about hockey here in Canada, but thats to be expected from where you come from. And obviously if your reading Carolina fans comments on other boards, your probably not as big a Canadiens fan as you think you are. Buh Bye Now.

Obviously you know little about hockey at all to have any right to claim those things about me.

I think its fun to see what the oponents fans think about the games. Guess that makes me a non habs fan... time to change nick to DalCane? sorry Kaos... I will never again say anything against you mr knowitall.

I have to try not get so mad at all these "knowitalls" that allways wants to be so much better than the guys who show feelings when bad things happen.

Same thing happened with Sundin, they had to wait for the swelling to clear before they could establish the damage. Sundin was fine. So just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Kaos, you're as annoying today as you were during last night's game thread.

I have to go out, but when I come back, I think I'll craft up a response to your hostility and juvenile behaviour (which you will the resond to by saying that I should go away, or that I don't know anything about hockey).

Until then.

Wear FULL FACE face masks and things like this would never happend.

Your right there but it also is harder to play with them and adds a diffrent style to some people, that they dont like why i rly dont know :S.

But if koivu were to come back iam sure he would come with that because iam sure he will be playing with stiches or something that he doesnt wanna take a risk on untill its 100%.

Wear FULL FACE face masks and things like this would never happend.

Yeah - easier said than done though?

Funny thing is every player coming up through the minor hockey system in Canada has to wear the full face mask right through midget and you hear few if any complaints about them. Then all of a sudden they move to the NHL and you hear a non stop symphony of complaints about them......

They can say all they want, but it's all about the 'macho' image!

Personally I think the problems start here in Junior A where half visors are employed - and few if any are properly worn. Helmets are too loose, the visor is tilted as far back as possible and all this compromises the safety effectiveness of the equipment. And then the ever diligent CHA is worried about stickers or name tags jeopardizing the helmets? Stupidity at its' finest in our grand game....... :rolleyes::o

"Your right there but it also is harder to play with them and adds a diffrent style to some people"

Okay, I always wanted to play hockey as a kid but never got the chance. Instead I played football in high school. And a couple of us got visors to put in our helmets so grass couldn't get in and players who played dirty couldn't poke our eyes.

Now my team was good, so good we got to the state championship which was played in a dome. And everytime I looked into the lights I didn't see a glare, everytime I looked up into the sky I didn't see a glare and I didn't have the dark visors I had clear ones. So I do not get this we can't see in visors because thats total crap.

Edited by Pierre the Great

the problem with seeing on the visor is twofold:

1) Fogginess

2) Double vision at the bottom of the visor

many players talk about difficulty seeing through the visor, so I doubt it is total crap.

the problem with seeing on the visor is twofold:

1) Fogginess

2) Double vision at the bottom of the visor

many players talk about difficulty seeing through the visor, so I doubt it is total crap.

First of all They can make the visors fog proof, second they talk about double vision, again that can be fixed.

"Your right there but it also is harder to play with them and adds a diffrent style to some people"

Okay, I always wanted to play hockey as a kid but never got the chance. Instead I played football in high school. And a couple of us got visors to put in our helmets so grass couldn't get in and players who played dirty couldn't poke our eyes.

Now my team was good, so good we got to the state championship which was played in a dome. And everytime I looked into the lights I didn't see a glare, everytime I looked up into the sky I didn't see a glare and I didn't have the dark visors I had clear ones. So I do not get this we can't see in visors because thats total crap.

hey same like me lol, Well now iam graduating from high school and entering college after summer and iam hoping to make the team in college.

ok, not necessarily the best auhority, but I talked to my mom, who is a doctor. She said that it is quite possible that Saku could be OK very quickly. He'd be wearing a full cage, but that if the injury wasnt very severe, it could just be a matter of the swelling going down.

Shouldn't our priorities be with the human being, not the hockey team - namely, that Koivu doesn't have to go through life half-blinded? Unless I'm missing something, this is potentially career-ending...and life-altering.

Shouldn't our priorities be with the human being, not the hockey team - namely, that Koivu doesn't have to go through life half-blinded? Unless I'm missing something, this is potentially career-ending...and life-altering.

I don't think that it is that serious - atleast I hope so ...

First of all They can make the visors fog proof, second they talk about double vision, again that can be fixed.

They can't make them fog-proof. They can make them fog resistant, but every visor will fog. Trust me, I've got a top model visor on my helmet and any time I took a spill and ended up face first on the ice, my visor would be a giant cloud by the time I was on the bench. I would start the game with my visor on properly, and each period I would slowly start moving it up to counteract any fogging. Sometimes I'd be playing with 90% of the visor over my eyes. I never had a problem with the glare, but I also have a mirrored visor which has a really sharp tint to the inside and makes life easier.

That being said, I've also played without a visor and I haven't had a huge problem getting used to it. A quality NHL-style visor helps a lot. The distortion on the bottom of the visor can suck, and you can't really fix that because it's on the bottom where the glass is cut, but it's not as bad as wearing a cage or full-shield (You want fogging, wear a full shield). I refuse to wear a cage. The only time I would ever consider it is if I had a facial injury that allowed me to play but couldn't take contact, even then I might just play with a longer visor ala Heatley

If you want the experience of playing with a cage, go to work or school with chicken wire taped to your face. It's uncomfortable and your vision gets messed up, especially when you're trying to find a puck quickly in your skates or following an incoming pass.

I don't think that it is that serious - atleast I hope so ...

It could be that bad. But on the other hand, it may not be.

This is so frustrating. We should just stop talking about this. We won't be able to though. How can we stop talking about our beloved captain?

It's the waiting. Speculation can only come out of this until we get true reports.

This "waiting" is driving me up the wall. I just want the report to be career positive.

It's no wonder the threads are getting hostile. We all love Koivu and this is a stressor for sure.

SAKU! :hlogo: