Game Thread | Canes Vs. Habs | 04/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the right call was made....the Cane in the crease put his skate right between Huet's legs and pushed him aside to make the gap he put the puck through. Clear cut case of goaltender interference. Why VanMassenhoven could't see it, I don't know.

Poor canes.. Refs in montreal... do they even get that they were handed a game by the refs?

In any case, the reason it was not in the goal is because the cane was pushing Huet away with his leg... could have been interference... so really, they got a break

Kevin Adams says your taught to battle for the puck, so I guess kicking the goalie out of the way to get room for your shot is what he meant.

Brind'Amour looked like Chuck Norris on that play, legs flying everywhere.

We gave up way too many odd many rushes in the 2nd. We need to be more disciplined. I'm not very confident about the outcome of this game. Unlike the first 3 games of the series we have been clearly outplayed tonight.

Poor canes.. Refs in montreal... do they even get that they were handed a game by the refs?

In any case, the reason it was not in the goal is because the cane was pushing Huet away with his leg... could have been interference... so really, they got a break

I believe they got a break too. I say if they want to crowd Huet, montreal should keep on getting in front of Ward. Just enough to get in his way and piss him off, but not too much so we don't get called for goaltender interference.

We gave up way too many odd many rushes in the 2nd. We need to be more disciplined. I'm not very confident about the outcome of this game. Unlike the first 3 games of the series we have been clearly outplayed tonight.

I agree with you, but remember before in the 01-02 playoffs and the 03-04 playoffs we always got outplayed and out-shot and some how came out with the victory.

Its right here:

If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Plekanek has really stepped up. He is playing his best hockey of the year. I think Gainey shoukld give him a couple of shifts with Higgins and Ryder. Before the game huzer predicted that would happen by the end of the night.

# If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper's vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

(NOTE) For this purpose, a player "establishes a significant position within the crease" when, in the Referee's judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.

Its right here:

If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Yes this is the rule but the refs almost never call it. I can't remember that call being made even once this season. Was that the true reason they waved off the goal, or was it that one of the refs had already blown the whistle. Did anyone hear the official announcement?

it is hard to see how that was not a penalty. Almost every scenario described that would disallow a goal, is also a penalty.

I think the only way out is to say that Huet initiated the contact trying to get into position, which if it is in his crease, is not a penalty, but is also not a goal

Sorry there is a difference between establishing position and interfering he was clearly moving, htus not having an established position and therefore interfering with Huet.

NO GOAL it was the right call

Let's move on

IF the contact is deemed incidental then it's unlikely that a penalty would be called

LOL, I think this is the one...

# Subject to (i) below, if an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed

Wow.. another blown high sticking call in favour of the canes.

Edited by brobin

Calm down, the stick on Rivet was because he was pushed and crosschecked by two Montreal players.

Stillman was the one Souray pushed, Williams was behind all of them..............

We're still getting beat to lots of loose pucks, and watching the guy with the puck....