Spider-Man NL

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT SUCKED BIG TIME

I"M SO PiSSED right now.......There was great effort by some

Plex, Perezhogin, Zednik, Bouillon and Dandenault were all great

On the other end of the spectrum, Kovalev, Ribeiro, Rivet Sourray, Higgins were all terrible.

We're going to need a much better effort to win any more games in this one

You are a true fan.. thanks for supporting our players.

Right. A true fan would lie to himself that Ribeiro is NOT a pice of shit. I take it back, that piece of shit is a Conn Smythe candidate.

Anyway, there's two players this team could not afford to lose under any circumstances: Markhov and Koivu. Naturally, we lost one of them. You could really see it tonight - they all tried hard, I think, but we sorely miss Saku's speed and creativity with the puck. That's a major reason why so many of our forwards struggled - with Saks out, the opposition can key on Kovalev et al., all the time. Plus, let's face it, Bonk is no Koivu.

Two cheers, at least, for Dandneault, who has justified his signing throughout these playoffs.

Oh well...I'm sure the coaches will make some adjustments. I dunno, I still have a feeling...it ain't over yet.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

and another of those comments.... :wacko:

it only needed to be double posted too. :blink:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Maybe it should be triple or quadruple posted....especially on the blackboard in the Habs' dressing room, because not doing so while the Canes did was the difference tonight.

Wow... are you hearing brindamour on the CBC...

good thing that bad call didn't cost them? how about all the bad calls the habs have gotten... wow.. just wow...

Please habs... go into Carolina and kill them...

THAT SUCKED BIG TIME

I"M SO PiSSED right now.......There was great effort by some

Plex, Perezhogin, Zednik, Bouillon and Dandenault were all great

On the other end of the spectrum, Kovalev, Ribeiro, Rivet Sourray, Higgins were all terrible.

We're going to need a much better effort to win any more games in this one

Exactly right those players were awesome tonight. Especially Tomas Plecanek and Alexander Perezhogin, those two guys are gonna be really good!!!!

I really hope Kostitsyn is dressed for next game, or at least Maxime Lapierre for some energy.

Did Mark Streit even play? If you had Andrei Kostitsyn he wouldn't harm the teams play cause obviously Streit and doubling Kovalev's shifts wasn't the answer.

I agree completely, we also know that the Bonk with Higgins and Ryder was terrible. next game Kosty is in our lines should be as follows...Unless Begin is available.

1. Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik

2a. Bulis Ribeiro Kovalev (unless they play the way they have, then they might as well sit)

2b. Kostytsin Higgins Ryder

3. Murray Bonk Sundstrom.

If Begin can play I would even consider sititng one of Murray or Sunny and keeping Kosty in, we need the offense and the creativity.

Don Cherry is pointing out that the winning goal was also goal tender interference...

This is really sucking. Why does Carolina get away with going right on top of Huet in the crease... but as Cherry says, they won't call back two....

(not sure why not, they keep saying they will call everything....)

Wow... are you hearing brindamour on the CBC...

good thing that bad call didn't cost them? how about all the bad calls the habs have gotten... wow.. just wow...

Please habs... go into Carolina and kill them...

what "bad call" is he talking about? I came in late from a free rum party....

I agree completely, we also know that the Bonk with Higgins and Ryder was terrible. next game Kosty is in our lines should be as follows...Unless Begin is available.

1. Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik

2a. Bulis Ribeiro Kovalev (unless they play the way they have, then they might as well sit)

2b. Kostytsin Higgins Ryder

3. Murray Bonk Sundstrom.

If Begin can play I would even consider sititng one of Murray or Sunny and keeping Kosty in, we need the offense and the creativity.

Well put, i think Kostitsyn could be a valuable player in this series, if he plays. Couldn't really hurt us anyways.

no worries - we still have road-ice advantage!

good one!

He got a goal called back for interfering with Huet.. he didn't get a penalty. He feels he was robbed. His winning goal was scored with his teammate in the crease, stick right between Huet's legs...

Oh, and Markov took a high stick from guess who.. another no call... :)

*cough* how many highsticks by Justin Williams have been missed in this series?

I don't even want to get into that...I'm at the point where I'd condone some vigilante justice on Williams. If the refs aren't going to protect the players by calling dangerous plays, then I don't see how they have any choice but to police the game themselves old-school style.

...and let me add, NOT justice by high-stick. I'm talking about a good ol-fashioned punch in the mouth.

yes, the refs missed that call on william's high stick on koivu... stuff happens...

i suppose it stings all the more that williams had a good game tonight and even got the 1st star but again..., stuff happens.

swallow it and move on. to wallow in it is to choke on it.

eyes on the prize guys! eyes on the prize!

Edited by shortcat1

yes, the refs missed that call on william's high stick on koivu... stuff happens...

And he managed to "accidentally" lay the lumber on some more Habs tonight, especially on Markov. They need to keep this guy's stick under control. I'd dress Todd Simpson to clean his clock.

The Habs are a lower seeded team, much weaker than Carolina. They got in because of hot goaltending (from Huet).

And they need hot goaltending to advance. Too bad we traded an MVP goaltender away who loved to carry weak teams in the 1st round.

And he managed to "accidentally" lay the lumber on some more Habs tonight, especially on Markov. They need to keep this guy's stick under control. I'd dress Todd Simpson to clean his clock.

Brilliant - just what the Habs need = give the Hurricane's another power play? :rolleyes:

brutal game to watch in Vegas in a bar full of Philly fans who were watching the other game and cheering and going wild. Well, it's tied now as many have said it's certainly not where we wanted to be coming back to Montréal up two but it is not a bad position against a team that battled for first in the East.

As Boom Boom once said (rest his soul) hockey is about three things: Skating. And. Shooting.

We need to do more of both in game 5 also more aggressive forchecking and not let the Canes set up so easily in front of the net. Wonder if Aebisher will start?

The Habs are a lower seeded team, much weaker than Carolina. They got in because of hot goaltending (from Huet).

And they need hot goaltending to advance. Too bad we traded an MVP goaltender away who loved to carry weak teams in the 1st round.

If he had stayed they'd probably be fighting to beat the Leafs to the best tee-off times.....

Seriously, given everything that happened this year - do you really think he'd be carrying the habs's in this series? Wasn't going to happen!

Anyway, there's two players this team could not afford to lose under any circumstances: Markhov and Koivu

That makes no sense.

The Habs lose Koivu all the time. It's almost as if Koivu is a "bonus" player, and not apart of the regular rotation. It's come to the situation that when you have him, it's great, but prepare the line-ups assuming that he won't be there, because the guy just can't play 80 games. He's almost like the NHL's version of Marcus Camby.

3 players the Habs can't afford to lose for a season? Alex Kovalev, Andrei Markov, Jose Theodore.