Game Thread | Canes Vs. Habs | 04/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE WANT HACKETT BACK!!!

*sigh*

Drastic measures are needed. Gainey needs to break up the Pylon Pairing (Souray and Rivet). Instead of dressing Streit (a non-factor in games like these), he needs to dress Kostitsyn or Downey. Downey to send a message (because right now, only the young guys are doing anything of the sort - Komi and Zhogs), or Kostitsyn to get a new shooter out there.

In 2002, we were shutout in our first game vs the Canes. We came back in games 2 and 3, winning 4-1 and 2-1. Then came the fateful game 4, when Carolina rallied from 3-0 down. It went downhill from there, 5-1 and 8-2 the series clincher.

Will we drop the next 2 games? Only time will tell. Here's hoping BG has something up his sleeve.

Hackett.... Hackett.... Hackett.... :monkey:

Dressing Streit wasn't really a bright move. We're lacking goals (forget about letting people stand unchecked in front of Huet, that's another matter altogether) and we need a scoring threat. I like the sound of Kostitsyn coming into the lineup. Offensive creativity couldn't hurt this team.

I do find it amazing how two straight losses really shows up some fans. It's not like we got pumped 8-0 in both games....

Well after seeing Gainey's post game comments, I'll repeat my prediction for next game.

1. Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik - They've been our best line PERIOD.

2a. Bulis Ribeiro Kovalev - Have been awful, if continues mid-game breakup will occur

2b. Kostytsin Higgins Ryder (Creativity scoring ability, this line should be fun to watch).

3. Murray Bonk Begin / Sundstrom (Defence, if Begin is back, this line can pound the other team for momentum.)

Bouillon was great tonight, Dandenault has really stepped up Rivet and Sourray need to get their heads out of the sand.

Don Cherry is pointing out that the winning goal was also goal tender interference...

This is really sucking. Why does Carolina get away with going right on top of Huet in the crease... but as Cherry says, they won't call back two....

Cuz i think we dont do that on Ward, we make his life to easy!! Crash him once or twice, get the youngster nervous!!

BTW JLP, why Aeby? Huet did his job, but D is Failing big time!!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

BTW JLP, why Aeby? Huet did his job, but D is Failing big time!!

Agreed Dutch, if I were Gainey I'd keep Huet in goal. Now we will see what the Habs can do when they need to play with all their hearts.

BTW. What a nice hit from Bouillon on Recchi, it really looked cool. B)

I only hope that we won't see Bonk on one of the offencive lines next game, he rather should stay with his defencive role. Without Koivu, there's simply a huge hole left at center ... Ribs is as invisible as always during the PO's and I hope that this will be his last games for the HABS (if he isn't stepping up).

refs aren't calling any calls for us because they are being paid not too by the NHL.

Yeah right??????

I lived beside the man who is now in charge of NHL officials - Steve Walkom - for a couple of years.

Man he was just rolling in the dough from all those payments he received not to make calls on the Habs......

Yup, he was just rolling in the money :rolleyes::wacko:

Compare these stats:

Théodore

- save % .862 = 14th overall

- goals against average 2.92 = 11th overall.

Huet

- save % of .936 = 2nd overall

- goals against average 2.33= 7th overall

who's better off? WE ARE.

What does Huet have to do with Theodore's departure?

Huet would have been a habs regardless of whether Theodore was traded or not.

What does Huet have to do with Theodore's departure?

Huet would have been a habs regardless of whether Theodore was traded or not.

Lots - once Gainey established that Huet could be his starter Theodore suddnenly became very expendable.

No Huet 'the starter' may very well have made a difference in this deal being done or not......

And he traded Theodore for what is now their #2 goalie in the playoffs? <_<

some neat stats from last game:

Blocked shots:

Carolina 17 Habs 9

Hits:

Carolina 18 Habs 29

Faceoff %:

Carolina 53 Habs 47

Individual stats:

Garth Murray with 33% faceoff wins

Ribeiro 45%

Plekanec 52%