Justin Williams

GoHabsGo_24cups

He needs to be careful. First he took out our captain with a high stick. Then I figured he wouldn't be as bad with the stick after almost taking out Koivu's eye. Then he high sticks Markov and there is no call. I am woried he is gonna cause more injuries if he isn't careful, and get away with it because of the idiot/blind refs.

He needs to be careful. First he took out our captain with a high stick. Then I figured he wouldn't be as bad with the stick after almost taking out Koivu's eye. Then he high sticks Markov and there is no call. I am woried he is gonna cause more injuries if he isn't careful, and get away with it because of the idiot/blind refs.

I still can't beleive there was no call on Saks! Williams should watch out but he's no Dennis Gauthier!

Bench Streit next game, dress Simpson as the 7th D, and send him out with Murray to target Justin 'Shakespeare' Williams.

Or Shakestick.

Whatever.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Oh there will be. If the Habs are losing in the next game. Lots of guys will be head hunting.

That is a disgusting thing to say. Bob Gainey would never permit his team to play dirty and go head hunting. He is too classy a person to resort to such barbaric measures. Sending a message by playing Simpson or Downey is one thing, but head hunting is out of the question. It has no place in hockey. Head hunting results in horrible situations where guys get seriously injured. Sure, Williams injured Koivu, but it wasn't on purpose. To go after him and try to injure him back is awful. I'm all for Komi laying him out with a few clean hits. But if we really want to send a message, let's knock his team out of the playoffs.

That is a disgusting thing to say. Bob Gainey would never permit his team to play dirty and go head hunting. He is too classy a person to resort to such barbaric measures. Sending a message by playing Simpson or Downey is one thing, but head hunting is out of the question. It has no place in hockey. Head hunting results in horrible situations where guys get seriously injured. Sure, Williams injured Koivu, but it wasn't on purpose. To go after him and try to injure him back is awful. I'm all for Komi laying him out with a few clean hits. But if we really want to send a message, let's knock his team out of the playoffs.

You F*ck with the Bull

you get the horns!!

You F*ck with the Bull

you get the horns!!

Poetic license aside, on of my all-time favourite quotes. :D

So said, don't expect revenge to be taken. As Fanpuck said, it ain't the Gainey way. Hurt them on the scoreboard where it really does the damage.

Poetic license aside, on of my all-time favourite quotes. :D

So said, don't expect revenge to be taken. As Fanpuck said, it ain't the Gainey way. Hurt them on the scoreboard where it really does the damage.

How about hurt them on the scoreboard

and crank williams every chance you can

make him dizzy with all the thunderous checks when

he wanders into the corners

maybe next game Williams will high stick a referee, then he might get a penalty. Seriously this guy is a menace with the stick, if it is always flying round at shoulder level there will be "accidents" but the bum doesn't seem to fully appreciate that.

Plus he's been in on the goals, so I don't like him for two reasons.

At the moment we arent doing anything. We are losing on the scoreboard as well so what we need it a bonecrushing hit on Williams (not neceseraly a legal one) to bounce back. Im sick already since its 2-2 now and I will be puking if we get eliminated now. Whatever Gainey does it better get us the 2 wins we need or I wouldve wished we had Bob Clarke as coach when Koivu got injured. (or maybe Michel Therrien)

Yeah, some really mature comments here.....

My goodness - they were careless use of the stick infractions that the officials somehow "uhh hmmm" overlooked. These were not intentional attacks with intent to injure someone!

Headhunting has no place in the game...... period.

And it won't happen on Gainey's watch.

Beat 'em on the scoreboard - the red light is the best source of revenge you'll ever find.....

P.S. Any body remember Glen Anderson - now there was a man who was notorious for his stick - he made a living while being careless with his stick, night after night! And he got away with it constantly. Ted Green could tell you all about the old stick swingers maybe?

Edited by beliveau1

Yeah, some really mature comments here.....

My goodness - they were careless use of the stick infractions that the officials somehow "uhh hmmm" overlooked. These were not intentional attacks with intent to injure someone!

Headhunting has no place in the game...... period.

And it won't happen on Gainey's watch.

Beat 'em on the scoreboard - the red light is the best source of revenge you'll ever find.....

P.S. Any body remember Glen Anderson - now there was a man who was notorious for his stick - he made a living while being careless with his stick, night after night! And he got away with it constantly. Ted Green could tell you all about the old stick swingers maybe?

Thanks for the voice of reason. To go out and try to get Williams is totally

stupid, all that's going to lead to is Canes power plays and ultimately goals against. To win the series is the best way to end this guys season. Hit em where it hurts most, on the score board.

Leave Williams alone. There is no point in taking anything out on him now while the series is tied 2-2. Still lots of hockey to be played and this series is still winable.

What Montreal should be doing is sending tapes to the league office and having them reviewed and make sure that these referee's are either sorted out, and not allowed to officiate any more games.

As well, if Montreal ends up losing the next two games, maybe in the third period of the final game with a few mintues left, one of Downey, Murray, Rivet or Souray sends a message by clobbering either Williams or Staal. And i do mean a borderline cheap hit. If the league won't do anything about it, then sometimes a message has to be sent in a different way. But it needs to be done, when theres nothing left to risk except a suspension for a few games in 06'07.

Leave Williams alone. There is no point in taking anything out on him now while the series is tied 2-2. Still lots of hockey to be played and this series is still winable.

What Montreal should be doing is sending tapes to the league office and having them reviewed and make sure that these referee's are either sorted out, and not allowed to officiate any more games.

As well, if Montreal ends up losing the next two games, maybe in the third period of the final game with a few mintues left, one of Downey, Murray, Rivet or Souray sends a message by clobbering either Williams or Staal. And i do mean a borderline cheap hit. If the league won't do anything about it, then sometimes a message has to be sent in a different way. But it needs to be done, when theres nothing left to risk except a suspension for a few games in 06'07.

I agree in theory, but it shouldn't be a cheap shot if it happens, which it won't because we win in 6. Instead someone has to drop the gloves with him. Where is Bob and Guy's "Knuckles"? I personally believe this should have been sorted out as soon as the 'Canes scored in overtime game 3. That was the time to drop gloves and send a message, but we can't do that now with the series still up for grabs.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Give it up, grow up, swallow it and move on. Stuff happens. He didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident.

I just hope that our team doesn't start thinking/playing like this. That's a sure way to go to the links on Wednesday.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Was game tape ever send to league office for review by the Canadiens?

Been wondering the same thing, not in regards to the infraction but the lack of penalty call. I can't fathom how neither referee would see the play. That 4 minute penalty could have put us up by 2 and this series could have been 3-0 if there was a call on the play. Lots of "ifs" but it was a major call to miss in a huge game.

QUOTE(sajc @ Apr 30 2006, 10:12 AM) *

This play would have been discussed by the referees and staff covering this series in their post game meetings, I'm sure.

It would be routine and expected for them to review a situation any time where a major injury occurred. As far as tape - it's highly unlikely that Gainey sent a film in for that. It was unintentional and a waste of everyone's time to do that. Best saved for a time when it is really warranted.

Besides - that isn't the way Gainey operates. I'd be willing to bet the NHL has heard his beef, and it was done discreetly & behind doors, like it should be.......

Edited by beliveau1

Dunno if anyone noticed, but someone totally leveled Williams tonight.. But it wasn't even a Habs player.. It was Ward I think.

I'm not for retaliation, but the team has to stand up for their teammates and show some character. What a lack of effort tonight! Even with 2 minutes left in the game! Come on! We need Koivu! When the team is looking at Kovalev, they tend to become lazy like him. They need Koivu to lead by example. Energy, work ethic, ready to die attitude. Too bad Begin isn't at 100%

This team is being totalled out worked, out hussled and out classed by the Carolina Hurricanes. Carolina is the better team and thers no disputing that. The only reason Montreal won the first two games was because Gerber played so poorly.

THere is no shame in that. The regular season stats were not an abberation. Carolina is the better team.

But Montreal can still steal this series, and it starts tommorrow night in Montreal.

Hopefully Gainey learns from this and Montreal goes out and improves this team in the offseason, and make no mistake there is plenty of room for improvement. With the exception of Higgins, Kostitsyn, Plekanec and Komisarek, and probably Koivu because of his enormous contract and doubt on his future, everyone should be considered for trade.

The injury to Koivu shows this team has no depth in scoring. Not to say that Koivu was great offensively. But his loss hurts. Montreal needs to bring in a Richards (if he really is available) or someone like him.

This team is pathetic offensively and has been for sometime. Major improvements are needed. This team cannot continue to produce sub 2 goal games in the playoffs and less than 3 goals per game in the regular season in the new NHL. This team needs to get better offensively.

As for Williams, its over and done with and everybody has moved on. I know I said early maybe a borderline hit on him would be nice to see if Montreal was out of it in the final game, but ultimatley it serves no purpose. What happened, happened and nothing is going to bring Koivu back this year.