Lines For Sunday

-The Bonk experiment failed, he can't control play.

-Double shifting Kovalev failed, he sucked on both lines.

-Ribs and Bulis were knocked around easily because Carolina was able to concentrate on them.

-The Plekanec line was awesome

-Dandenault and Bouillon were Monsters out there

-Garth Murray played really well

We need more offence and Kovalev can't handle the double shiffting at this pace. I'm thinking we put our third line as our first (The Plekanec line) and our first line as our third. Replace Bulis with Kostitsyn on the second line and put Bulis on the third with Higgins and Ryder.

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Zednik

Kostitsyn - Riberio - Kovalev

Higgins - Bulis - Ryder

Murray - Bonk - Sundstrom

Zeddy has looked really good out there!

We aren't finished yet, we knew this wasn't going to be a sweep. It is not like Carolina beat us 8-2 like they did in the regular season. They got lucky with the help of the refs to score in OT. They got a garbage goal last night with Huet being interfered with to win 3-2. We are not being blown away here. I would even say that Ward was good but not fantastic.

We can win.

What do you think we need to do to score some goals?

We aren't finished yet, we knew this wasn't going to be a sweep. It is not like Carolina beat us 8-2 like they did in the regular season. They got lucky with the help of the refs to score in OT. They got a garbage goal last night with Huet being interfered with to win 3-2. We are not being blown away here. I would even say that Ward was good but not fantastic.

We can win.

What do you think we need to do to score some goals?

The Canes have gotten some fluky goals in the series and the refs jobs have been pre lockout-style.

I agree with your lines completely but I wouldn't label them 1,2,3, just roll them out and play whoever is playing better more.

But I wouldn't forget about BEGIN. He will be back Sunday (it's officially a maybe, but I gotta think Sunny will be taken out for Begin)

-The Bonk experiment failed, he can't control play.

-The Plekanec line was awesome

-Dandenault and Bouillon were Monsters out there

-Garth Murray played really well

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Zednik

Kostitsyn - Riberio - Kovalev

Higgins - Bulis - Ryder

Murray - Bonk - Sundstrom

Zeddy has looked really good out there!

i totally agree with you on Zednik! the man stepped up in a major way. dunno what happened but the guy is playing like a ######ing bulldozer right now.

but i say keep Bulis with Kovy. he's been generating some chances out there and does seem to play well with Kovalev. take Ribeiro out (does Kovy still wanna play with him? i actually liked him a lot in the season but Kostitsyn would be so much more valuable for the series). he's been nothing but deadwood. and please bring in Kostitsyn...! come on, Gainey. (was Streit even used last night?) we need offense, speed, and excitement.

and i gotta disagree about Bonk. he impressed me a lot last night.

Zednik needs more ice time!! Remember guys, going into the playoffs I called Zeddy regaining his old form and scoring. What does he do? He regained his composure. The playoffs are a different game after the season ends.

Zednik - Plekanec - Perezhogin

Ryder - Higgins - Kovalev

Bulis - Ribiero - Sundstrom

Murray - Bonk - Begin

A major shakeup, but it sure as hell is needed.

Edited by smon

I already posted the lins I want to seein a diffrent thread but I wonder how some of you can say that we should move Bulis-Ribeiro-Kovalev to the 3rd or 4th line. We are demoting them why? Because the line doesn't work. So why should we leave all 3 together? When a line doesn't work you separate them, not keep the same crappy line but play them less. Do we really want to give Kovalev 4th line ice time?

The only change I would make would be to have Plekanec center Higgins and Ryder. He's doing great on face-offs, so move him up. Both Plekanec and Higgins are both great defensively, so Gainey could still play them against Carolina's top unit.

I also agree that Murray has been better than expected, so he shouldn't be a scratch. With Streit as the seventh defenseman on Friday, he's probably going to be scratched again.

i totally agree with you on Zednik! the man stepped up in a major way. dunno what happened but the guy is playing like a ######ing bulldozer right now.

but i say keep Bulis with Kovy. he's been generating some chances out there and does seem to play well with Kovalev. take Ribeiro out (does Kovy still wanna play with him? i actually liked him a lot in the season but Kostitsyn would be so much more valuable for the series). he's been nothing but deadwood. and please bring in Kostitsyn...! come on, Gainey. (was Streit even used last night?) we need offense, speed, and excitement.

and i gotta disagree about Bonk. he impressed me a lot last night.

I don't know about Zednik's play - haven't seen enough of the games but I have been hearing good stuff about Bonk from the RDS announcers. Those guys, especially the colour commentator (God himself, I think), don't pull any punches. They tell it as they see it and they don't give any quarters either. All this said, I repeat by saying that they both agree that Bonk has been very effective.

:king: :hlogo: :king: