La Presse Reports Koivu Better Than Anticipated

great news !!!

I don't think we'll see him in the next game but it'd be nice to see him for game 6 or 7

AWESOME!!!!

I'm so relieved for Saku. No one deserves the kind of injury we all feared, but him least of all.

And if he returns for game 7 - look out! The Habs will be puuuuumped.

Well... this is a pleasant surprise.

I wonder if the original injury was a puncture of one of his eyelids and they weren't sure if it had punctured through to the eye. It sounds as if the injury is isolated to the eyelid in which case he could be good to go as soon as the swelling is down.

I think this injury has given us all a better appreciation of Saku (including me). He is very important to this team. And while I'm on the subject of this team...

Don't you love these guys? I don't know what it is about this team but I really like it. They usually work hard; they immediately go after transgressors when one of theirs has been victimized. They seem to be a together bunch and win or lose, I have really enjoyed watching them this year.

(I was listening to the TEAM on the internet after the game last night, and I couldn't believe all the negative comments about the team. Montrealers don't seem to appreciate this team and don't seem to realize that not many teams can overcome the adversity of losing one of their best players. Even Carolina has had over a month to "climatize" to the loss of Cole.)

- Jack

ok, not necessarily the best auhority, but I talked to my mom, who is a doctor. She said that it is quite possible that Saku could be OK very quickly. He'd be wearing a full cage, but that if the injury wasnt very severe, it could just be a matter of the swelling going down.

my mother is the best doctor ever!!!

Oh yeah, I didnt know where to put this so I guess it goes here:

Some SAKU GET WELL MOJO FROM POST #3000!

GO SAKU GO

The momentum has shifted back in our favour

YES

GO SAKU GO

Lets hope we can stay alive long enough to get that momentum you are talking about becaus I dont think the canes want to play a game 7 with a returning Koivu. Canes wants to finish us of quickly now and I somehow think they will since we have no center on this team that is even a 2nd line center. (Dont even mention teamspirit pest Ribeiro becaus he wont take the pressure)

I'm very optimistic for Game 5. There are quite a few diffferent line combinations that are getting me excited.

Wow, thats great news. What luck. IT was hard to imagine anything good news, considering how bad it looked at the time. I can hardly believe it.

Now all the Habbers need is solid effort and a big win in Carolina

There goes the great feeling we all got earlier today. No matter. I find that the return of Begin and the mere fact that Koivu is alright and can return soon will push the players. I sitll feel confident for Game 5, just a little less confident.

Whether Koivu is back or not is neither here nor there.

Our Canadiens will go with what they have. Let's just hope that they'll put up the same level of effort that they did in the 1st two games.

And, anyway, I still vividly remember numerous posts in this community about the inefficiency of Koivu and how he was dragging his linemates down with his too numerous penalties, his falling down, his lack of effort...

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the ones who dissed Koivu recently join in the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Whether Koivu is back or not is neither here nor there.

Our Canadiens will go with what they have. Let's just hope that they'll put up the same level of effort that they did in the 1st two games.

And, anyway, I still vividly remember numerous posts in this community about the inefficiency of Koivu and how he was dragging his linemates down with his too numerous penalties, his falling down, his lack of effort...

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the ones who dissed Koivu recently join in the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I agree - they have to make due without him. A bit of sarcasm on the read it and weep type comment for those who were posting heresay comments about his status. Good teams dig down deep when they have to, or go home. Time to find out what this team is made of?

TSN said on SportsCentre this morning that Saku went home and that he wont be playing yet because there is still some blood in behind his eye. But his vision is coming back slowly and once the swelling is all gone and the blood is cleared up he should be able to play soon. IMO.

:hlogo:

Carolina seems to be getting along just fine without Eric Cole, who scored 30 goals in 60 games, which translates as a 40 goal scorer, second best on the team.

Montreal needs to learn how to play without Koivu, who was also second best in scoring.

Don't be fooled by these reports from La Presse. Koivu is not coming back any time soon. He hasn't even recovered full vision and you think he's going to jump on the ice. Not too mention he almost certainly would have suffered a broken orbital bone. La presse is trying to sell papers and start hype that isn't there. Koivu is gone for the season, don't get your hopes up.